Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 15:02   #3436
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 929
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Being a Greenhorn in photography, can you explain what it means. I am currently shooting away to glory. Will upload the album soon for all to see.
CA is Chromatic Abberation. Shoot a bright sky through leafy branches of a tree and if you may see purple or blue or any other color edges of the brances and leaves against the sky this is Chromatic Abberation. It is usually seen when you shoot against brightly lit objects.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 17:10   #3437
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
FinePix S2000HD | Fujifilm Global

Got this Camera yesterday, paid 12,400/- with 2gb card, bag & rechargeable battery set. Good value for the features.
Hey Congrats on the new camera. The price does seem good for the features.

Could you please share you initial impression of the cam here? like some low light pic, or how is the IS or how are the videos etc? Also where did u get this cam from for that price and is warranty included? how is Fuji's service network in India?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 17:37   #3438
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Post Buy a New Super Zoom Camera - Advice Required ?

hi
I need suggestion on buy one of them. Seen the demo. Look and feel are almost similar. Performance wise i felt Sony was quick. Lag time between photographs was almost zero. All have full manual control over ISO, SHUTTER SPEED AND APERTURE CONTROL.

1. Sony DSC HX1 - 9 MP CMOS Sensor - Cost Rs 29800/-
Positives -20x , Tillable Screen, 10 Fps Burst Shoot, Panoramic Shoot,
Special G lens, 1080p HD movie recording.
Note : I have never used a sony Digi Cameras. Need advice how to they perform for at least 2-3 years.



2. Canon - SX1 IS - 10 Mp CMOS Sensor - Cost 33995/-
Positives - 20x , Optical Stabilizer, RAW, Full HD Recording

I am already a canon user. After using sony i felt canon was slow.



3. Olympus SP-590UZ - (Could not see a demo yet) -
26 x , 12 MP, Dual Image Stabilization, Precapture, Shadow Adjustment Technology, Soft Background Focus mode.
Cost Rs 26000/-



4. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38 - (Could not see a demo yet)
CCD Sensor, 12 MP , 18X Zoom, HD movies, antishake system, RAW Support, High speed AF system,40 Mb internal memory

I have came to know that it cost around 17000/- not confirmed yet.


Existing users advice which one should i go for ?
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 17:58   #3439
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 93 Times
Default

@V&V, I have same requirements and doubts as you do.

I've seen almost every review saying that olympus doesn't have great picture quality. I have used canon too (A620) and dont like carrying AA batteries every where. So for me its either the HX1 or FZ35/38. If you are asking for user reviews here then i guess you'll not get any bcos FZ35 is not available very easily yet and not many HX1 users on this forum from what i can tell.

@Guys from bangalore and interested in the FZ35 i had been to National Market area today looking for it and the best news i have that one shop says he will get them by coming Wednesday. Since i am out of town for a few week i'm giving details of the place/person who promises the cam next week.

Shop: Digital World
Address: Shop No. GF-22, Ground Floor, Sukhsagar Mall, 5th Main Road, Gandhinagar, Bangalore-560009
Contact: Imran - 22355410 / 51242494

(If somebody wants to call him, just say I came in on Friday and he asked to call for Panasonic FZ35...This is so that he doesn't deny what he promised).

Also the Sony HX1 is available at 22300/- without any bag or cards at a couple of places in Sukhsagar Mall. They all give 1 week to test the cam and 1 year service warranty.

I'll catch-up on this when i get back guys. All the best.
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 18:04   #3440
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,646
Thanked: 597 Times
Default Good digicam - high on optical zoom

Guys,

I need your advise on camera. My requirements and shortlisted cameras are as below (DSLR is not possible, as I need to pay for lenses after that):

Requirement:
1. Good camera with possible high optical zoom
2. Picture quality should be good and video could be added advantage
3. Macro photography is what I am interested in, so macro should be good
4. Should be under $400.
5. Do I need to buy international warranty extra? Any guess on the price of intl warranty for $400 camera?

Shortlisted:
1. Canon SX10 IS: Could be under $360
2. Canon SX20 IS: Under $400 - my pick
3. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38

Guys,
One of my friends would be picking up the camera from US next month. Please let me know which one should I go for.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 19:06   #3441
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 929
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Amongst these the panasonic should be better simply because of the Leica lens it has. But Canon's are not bad either.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 10:51   #3442
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
@V&V, I have same requirements and doubts as you do.

I've seen almost every review saying that olympus doesn't have great picture quality. I have used canon too (A620) and dont like carrying AA batteries every where. So for me its either the HX1 or FZ35/38. If you are asking for user reviews here then i guess you'll not get any bcos FZ35 is not available very easily yet and not many HX1 users on this forum from what i can tell.

@Guys from bangalore and interested in the FZ35 i had been to National Market area today looking for it and the best news i have that one shop says he will get them by coming Wednesday. Since i am out of town for a few week i'm giving details of the place/person who promises the cam next week.

Shop: Digital World
Address: Shop No. GF-22, Ground Floor, Sukhsagar Mall, 5th Main Road, Gandhinagar, Bangalore-560009
Contact: Imran - 22355410 / 51242494

(If somebody wants to call him, just say I came in on Friday and he asked to call for Panasonic FZ35...This is so that he doesn't deny what he promised).

Also the Sony HX1 is available at 22300/- without any bag or cards at a couple of places in Sukhsagar Mall. They all give 1 week to test the cam and 1 year service warranty.

I'll catch-up on this when i get back guys. All the best.
I think there is a major difference HX1 and fz38 is that sony has cmos sensor and fz38 has a ccd. there will be a lot of performance difference.

Also i went to a canon company store, there i saw the entry level DSLR EOS 1000d and SX1 IS. I took a photograph from both, there is a lot of difference in terms of clarity and noise levels. he was advising to go for the DSLR as ever features the point and shoot cameras give, a DSLR is entirely a different ball game. He suggested for my zoom needs buy 1000d with a 55 - 200 sigma zoom lens along with the standard lens 18-55mm lens. This both combination will suffice all your photographic needs . Total cost will be under 35 k.


Now i am even more confused !
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 11:27   #3443
Senior - BHPian
 
chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sacto
Posts: 1,290
Thanked: 503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

1. Sony DSC HX1 - 9 MP CMOS Sensor - Cost Rs 29800/-
Positives -20x , Tillable Screen, 10 Fps Burst Shoot, Panoramic Shoot,
Special G lens, 1080p HD movie recording.
Note : I have never used a sony Digi Cameras. Need advice how to they perform for at least 2-3 years.



2. Canon - SX1 IS - 10 Mp CMOS Sensor - Cost 33995/-
Positives - 20x , Optical Stabilizer, RAW, Full HD Recording

I am already a canon user. After using sony i felt canon was slow.



3. Olympus SP-590UZ - (Could not see a demo yet) -
26 x , 12 MP, Dual Image Stabilization, Precapture, Shadow Adjustment Technology, Soft Background Focus mode.
Cost Rs 26000/-



4. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38 - (Could not see a demo yet)
CCD Sensor, 12 MP , 18X Zoom, HD movies, antishake system, RAW Support, High speed AF system,40 Mb internal memory

I have came to know that it cost around 17000/- not confirmed yet.


Existing users advice which one should i go for ?
I have been using Sony dsc h50 for around 1 year. didn't find any problems. its user interface is a bit odd initially, but once you get a hang of it, its a breeze to use. and yes its fast too. and i expect the same one from hx1.

i also used a panny, and would say its good too, but it is slow. so if performance is your criteria, i would suggest go for sony. picture quality(sony/canon/panny) is excellent to naked eyes. if you are planning to take prints, panny inches forward by just a macro bit.

please skip 590uz from Olympus. I feel panny and sony is better than 590uz. i checked 570uz and image quality was not par with others. you can also look up various reviews online. they have the same opinion.

canon is also a good camera, though a little bit slow though better than panny. image quality is at par with other 3. but it uses alkalines and it thus need frequent recharging. when i went to Best Buy to check it out, it had around 50% juice left, i clicked just 15 photos back to back and it came to around 25%. i am not a fan of this. also it is expensive compared to others.

one of the main advantage of sony/canon is the CMOS sensor. there is a marked difference between cmos of sony/canon and ccd of panny. you can check indoor shots for these one and the difference can be clearly felt. also it makes hx1/sx1 faster compared to 590uz and fz38, wonder how, but yes that's what i think.

best of luck for camera hunting.
sorry for the long post

Last edited by chevelle : 26th September 2009 at 11:30.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 11:53   #3444
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I have been using Sony dsc h50 for around 1 year. didn't find any problems. its user interface is a bit odd initially, but once you get a hang of it, its a breeze to use. and yes its fast too. and i expect the same one from hx1.

i also used a panny, and would say its good too, but it is slow. so if performance is your criteria, i would suggest go for sony. picture quality(sony/canon/panny) is excellent to naked eyes. if you are planning to take prints, panny inches forward by just a macro bit.

please skip 590uz from Olympus. I feel panny and sony is better than 590uz. i checked 570uz and image quality was not par with others. you can also look up various reviews online. they have the same opinion.

canon is also a good camera, though a little bit slow though better than panny. image quality is at par with other 3. but it uses alkalines and it thus need frequent recharging. when i went to Best Buy to check it out, it had around 50% juice left, i clicked just 15 photos back to back and it came to around 25%. i am not a fan of this. also it is expensive compared to others.

one of the main advantage of sony/canon is the CMOS sensor. there is a marked difference between cmos of sony/canon and ccd of panny. you can check indoor shots for these one and the difference can be clearly felt. also it makes hx1/sx1 faster compared to 590uz and fz38, wonder how, but yes that's what i think.

best of luck for camera hunting.
sorry for the long post
Thanx chevelle.
I think your model has a night vision option too. (IR function)
I operated HX1 and took around 20 pic. the burst shoot and panaromic pic are really good. But at 29800 i am tempted to check the DSLR option too.(Canon ESO 1000D). I am getting this with 2 lenses 18-55 and 55-200 at around 35k.

Did you use the manual function, ie aparture values and shutter speeds. How does it fair on that ground ?

v&v


How is performance under low light condition and did you use
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 12:04   #3445
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,646
Thanked: 597 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,

I need your advise on camera. My requirements and shortlisted cameras are as below (DSLR is not possible, as I need to pay for lenses after that):

Requirement:
1. Good camera with possible high optical zoom
2. Picture quality should be good and video could be added advantage
3. Macro photography is what I am interested in, so macro should be good
4. Should be under $400.
5. Do I need to buy international warranty extra? Any guess on the price of intl warranty for $400 camera?

Shortlisted:
1. Canon SX10 IS: Could be under $360
2. Canon SX20 IS: Under $400 - my pick
3. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38

Guys,
One of my friends would be picking up the camera from US next month. Please let me know which one should I go for.
Guys any opinion about the above said cameras? Which one should I buy?
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 16:26   #3446
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 139
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

I would go with Panasonic FZ35!
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 00:06   #3447
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Guys whats your views on Finepix F60FD ??
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 09:04   #3448
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Finally bought Canon EOS 1000D SLR. It come with standard 18-55 lens. will be buying 55-250 tele lens too. It costed me 28995 + scratch card (I got a Philips Digital Photo frame and also a travel bag of Benetton. Was a good deal overall.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 11:11   #3449
BHPian
 
ritayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in Delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Fuji S2000 Sample Pics

Some samples taken over the weekend on Auto mode. First views, does the job to what i wont. A learning curve to use it to the fullest. Can someone direst me to a dummies guide.

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf0078.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf0079.jpg

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf0087.jpg
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 13:24   #3450
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 139
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
@V&V, I have same requirements and doubts as you do.

I've seen almost every review saying that olympus doesn't have great picture quality. I have used canon too (A620) and dont like carrying AA batteries every where. So for me its either the HX1 or FZ35/38. If you are asking for user reviews here then i guess you'll not get any bcos FZ35 is not available very easily yet and not many HX1 users on this forum from what i can tell.

@Guys from bangalore and interested in the FZ35 i had been to National Market area today looking for it and the best news i have that one shop says he will get them by coming Wednesday. Since i am out of town for a few week i'm giving details of the place/person who promises the cam next week.

Shop: Digital World
Address: Shop No. GF-22, Ground Floor, Sukhsagar Mall, 5th Main Road, Gandhinagar, Bangalore-560009
Contact: Imran - 22355410 / 51242494

(If somebody wants to call him, just say I came in on Friday and he asked to call for Panasonic FZ35...This is so that he doesn't deny what he promised).

Also the Sony HX1 is available at 22300/- without any bag or cards at a couple of places in Sukhsagar Mall. They all give 1 week to test the cam and 1 year service warranty.

I'll catch-up on this when i get back guys. All the best.
Hi Zenster,

I am finally booking my Panasonic FZ35. I got a good deal from USA for 303.63$ i.e 14495/- with Panasonic USA Warranty. Wht is the price for that Model in Bangalore?
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Digital camera v1p3r Gadgets, Computers & Software 117 3rd September 2006 13:22
Digital Camera Reviews (around Rs. 20,000/-) naveendhyani Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 10th July 2006 12:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks