Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 20th January 2013, 00:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: ipod / iphone docking music players

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Under 10K and decent sound? hmmm that alone is a tall order. JBL's flip has bluetooth and is ultra portable but has little bass. Speakers like this are best suited for those who want their music in their hotel room.

Sony used to make a clock radio called the ICF-C2 or C3 (Sony has some really confusing model numbers) that make good music. See if your Sony dealer still has one.

lastly check the grey market for the iLuv and iHome series of products. These guys change their products faster than I can keep track of them.
I guess i would not be able to find all my requirements in one system so i have narrowed down to 2 systems, please suggest which would be good.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/edif...o-encore/70246

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/altecimt620/21765

The only advantage i can see in Edifier is that it has sleep control that i like and find very useful.
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 04:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have no heard the IMT620. However neither the JBL 200 or the IMT620 would be capable of providing the bass required for trance/house/dance music. JBL's OnBeat Extreme is better. Do you really need FM?
I vouch for the JBL On Beat extreme. I have had one since last April and it is phenomenal. I use it all the time with one or other of my i devices.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 09:40   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The only advantage i can see in Edifier is that it has sleep control that i like and find very useful.
They might bothbe bass shy but I'd take the Edifier. I have heard a larger one and it was quite nice.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 10:14   #19
BHPian

Is there an iPod dock with Only clock and FM, along with a stereo out option? I have a pair of creatives which I want to connect to it.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 17:15   #20
BHPian

Any reviews/opinions on HK go + play ii. I have a iphone 4S. Need a regular speaker dock for music.
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I have no heard the IMT620. However neither the JBL 200 or the IMT620 would be capable of providing the bass required for trance/house/dance music. JBL's OnBeat Extreme is better. Do you really need FM?
Navin, I am also on lookout for a dock/bookshelf system. Started of Denon DM39 + Q Acoustic speakers then thought thought portability will be a nice to have feature. Stepped into Bose showroom and checked out wave3, sales guy showed me a sound touch 20 and I liked it and was about to order. Wanted to read some reviews and that's then uncle google led me to Arcam rCube.
Every review said nice things about it (at 500GBP) and now the same is available in amazon UK for 230GBP. Almost zeroed it and thought of ordering and then another link said product has been discontinued and support will be an issue & so on.. again my research continued JBL on beat xtreme was next in line.. called the local dealer in chennai to check out, he mentioned that xtreme is not sold anymore and asked me to look at rumble. But he called me back & said there's a demo piece of xtreme available for sale at 18k. He said it will come with warranty and said it will like brand new...

now, to cut the long story short, can I go with the demo piece as the price looks appealing & if yes, what should look for before swiping the card?

Thanks.
tifosi.
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 14:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Arcam rCube.
Every review said nice things about it (at 500GBP) and now the same is available in amazon UK for 230GBP.

again my research continued JBL on beat xtreme was next in line.. there's a demo piece of xtreme available for sale at 18k. He said it will come with warranty and said it will like brand new...
If you got warranty, just check for cosmetics and see if the system has not been abused (see the connector is shinny and new).

Alternates from Harman are the Go-Ply and the Rumble. We own the 1st gen Go Play and it's pretty neutral.

http://harmanaudio.in/harman-kardon-...ker-black.html

http://harmanaudio.in/jbl-onbeat-rum...less-dock.html

While the On beat is a decent enough system the Arcam rCube will wipe the floor with the On Beat. Arcam has a bad habit of discontinuing products pretty fast. My AVR 400 was discontinued even before I got mine home.

For ipods and iPhones I now use the Focal APT-X and iTrasnmitter (for the ipods only)
http://www.focal.com/en/wireless-sys...058821127.html

http://www.focal.com/en/wireless-sys...059821102.html

Arcam too has it's own APTX receiver
http://www.arcam.co.uk/products,rSer...ACs,rblink.htm
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 15:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
If you got warranty, just check for cosmetics and see if the system has not been abused (see the connector is shinny and new).

Alternates from Harman are the Go-Ply and the Rumble. We own the 1st gen Go Play and it's pretty neutral.

http://harmanaudio.in/harman-kardon-...ker-black.html

http://harmanaudio.in/jbl-onbeat-rum...less-dock.html

While the On beat is a decent enough system the Arcam rCube will wipe the floor with the On Beat. Arcam has a bad habit of discontinuing products pretty fast. My AVR 400 was discontinued even before I got mine home.
Thanks Navin. At the moment I may not need the wireless streaming as the only device that will be used to play music will be an ipod touch 4th gen, so pretty much I can dock it and use the remote.

I just love the simplistic design of rcube and you too opine that in terms of sound quality rcube is far better than xtreme, that again makes me want to revisit rcube. However, since xtreme is available in Chennai and that too at a good price I would like to give it a try and take a call.

Btw, thanks for the tip, shall check the connectors for wear & tear.

Regards
tifosi.
Old 18th June 2014, 23:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
However, since xtreme is available in Chennai and that too at a good price I would like to give it a try and take a call.

Btw, thanks for the tip, shall check the connectors for wear & tear.

Regards
tifosi.
Quote:
Thanks for the tip once again Navin. Bought on beat xtreme with bill /warranty for 18k. Check the connector tip and it was like brand new.
Suraj - guy who arranged this deal told me that it was opened very recently for demo and they soon got to know that model was discontinued and hence the sale at discounted price. At least cosmetically it looks like brand new and I believe him.

Setup was very intuitive and was able to pair up device using bluetooth as well easily.

Btw, remote looks very nice, sturdy and quite nice to hold. Reminds me of key fob of a luxury car.

Regards
Tifosi.

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 18th June 2014 at 23:59.