Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 8th June 2009, 14:20   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) I think that X58 borad will not have wireless onboard LAN. You will have to put in wireless card for LAN.
Appreciate your suggestions about 500 SMPs. I shall PM you once I have the quote.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 19:33   #377
Senior - BHPian

After getting a lot of help from aaggoswami and amey, I have now finalised my assembled computer config. However, a small problem.
My existing vendor has still not given me the final quote even after 4-5 days. Repeated calls to him lead to full assurance of sending a quote within the next 30 minutes, but still no quote.

Does anyone know a good PC assembler in Delhi/NCR, who will not assemble the PC at a competitive cost, but also service it (if problems arise), and can provide consummables and hardware from time to time. Do post here or even PM here. My patience with my existing assembler is wearing thin.

Last edited by vasudeva : 10th June 2009 at 19:34.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:47   #378
Senior - BHPian

are these repeated calls within half an hour? If I were to actually wait for my assembler to call back, he would never have sold any stuff to me
the good ones tend to be busy. Usually If he promises to call me in half an hour , I call him in half an hour, and I usually get results quick enough.

However, if you are asking for non mainstream parts - your processor and motherboard seem to fit the bill, their counterparts up the supply chain will usually drag their toes before they commit a price and even later before they deliver the stuff.

My advice is , if you insist on these parts,
1) follow up with them, and get your stuff after quite some time - it took me about a month to get a 12k soundcard.
2) alternately, get the processor and board directly from an online vendor- we have enough of those in india - but even they do not keep much stock, and get them assembled locally - you may have to pay the assembler a fee
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 19:52   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
are these repeated calls within half an hour? If I were to actually wait for my assembler to call back, he would never have sold any stuff to me
Not repeated calls but a daily reminder but still no resolution. He has the ability but not showing enough initiative to sell. Can you suggest someone online or offline.
Old 11th June 2009, 01:09   #380
Senior - BHPian

@vasudeva, try getting the parts from online places like theitwares and lynx chanidgarh. Techshop is expensive.
Else get in touch with some wholesale dealer and ask him who is a good assembler. Generally these wholesale guys have good assembler details, but I am not sure if this is true for NCR.

Quote:
a) are these repeated calls within half an hour? If I were to actually wait for my assembler to call back, he would never have sold any stuff to me
the good ones tend to be busy. Usually If he promises to call me in half an hour , I call him in half an hour, and I usually get results quick enough.
2) alternately, get the processor and board directly from an online vendor- we have enough of those in india - but even they do not keep much stock, and get them assembled locally - you may have to pay the assembler a fee
a) Correct. But sometimes their interest wears down. But follow up is something my dad implements with good success.

2) That is a good option. But not everyone can manage to solve a break down or a problem if it occurs. The one who enjoys it might do it, but for others, even if they have sufficient knowledge, its better to have a layer called " assembler ". Any problem and a call must get the job done. Example : My father used to do computer programming since very early days. He once told me that the HDD space was so less that they used to assign sectors during programming.
My father has got knowledge, but prefers to have the layer of assembler. I am of the opposite kind, managing everything myself ( mostly now ).

EDIT : Online retail stores :
1) TheITWares - Buy Computer Hardware , PC Components , Laptop Computers - One Stop for all Gizmos!!
Have noticed that cost here is quite low. Good reviews from those who bought from here.

2) Lynx Chandigarh Largest Electronic & Computer Superstore

3) techshop.in
Quite expensive, but generally more professional.

All are my observations and opinions after reading on net and getting in touch with a few guys who bought from these places.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th June 2009 at 01:11.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 11:44   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
@vasudeva, try getting the parts from online places like theitwares and lynx chanidgarh. Techshop is expensive.
I can off course procure the parts but who will assemble them. Anyway, my vendor has got in touch, and I am also in touch with 1-2 more vendors. Any reference for NCR would be appreciated.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:25   #382
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to aaggoswami and amey. I got my new box installed on Saturday with the following config:

Intel i7 920 processor, 3GB DD3 1333 MHz RAM Patriot, MSI X58 Motherboard, 500 GB HDD, Sony DVD writer, Coolermaster Elite Cabinet.

Total cost came to 40.7K (all inclusive). Had other parts and externals and did not feel the need to replace them now.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:00   #383
BHPian

^what smps do you have ?
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 15:57   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
^what smps do you have ?
I think it has 500 W
Old 15th June 2009, 16:28   #385
BHPian

My friend the smps is the most important part of the computer....please check and make sure its a good brand and please also check the wattage...normal assemblers love to put in local mercury etc stuff and u will be very lucky if this does not blow with your configuration.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 19:47   #386
Senior - BHPian

i believe a corsair VX 450 is in order for your new PC vasudeva
Old 16th June 2009, 11:12   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i believe a corsair VX 450 is in order for your new PC vasudeva
What is that?? SMPS or RAM
Old 16th June 2009, 17:51   #388
Senior - BHPian

vasudeva, no offence but Let me google that for you
Old 17th June 2009, 11:21   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
vasudeva, no offence but Let me google that for you
I have no problems in buying that. This seems like a UPS???. I have a Coolermaster Elite Cabinet with power 500w, and a APC UPS. Will that not be sufficient for i7 920. I did check with my assembler just now (who is quite reputed and has been doing business with our company for 8+ yrs). He says that I do not need Corsair. What do you say?

Last edited by vasudeva : 17th June 2009 at 11:33.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:44   #390
Senior - BHPian

Its a PSU!
If its a cooler Master 500W, It may be sufficient, but the corsaid VX 450 has been known to be under spec'd , and is better than the CM 600W PSU's

I'm not too sure about comparing PSU's