Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 15th October 2009, 21:36   #556
Senior - BHPian

Hi!! My 4 year old LG 17" flatron monitor is coming up for replacement with issues like flickering, refusal to remember settings, etc. (The 10 year old 15 in syncmaster is still going strong).

Any suggestions on a good LCD monitor? (Have these becomes commodities?)

I saw some news about samsung bringing out a TV cum monitor. What is that?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 23:49   #557
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Actually all lcd tv that were released long ago had 15 pin din port for PC. it was just that it was not advertised.

LCD TV have limited resolution. For PC go for proper LCD. take any thing from DELL, samsung or LG. all are equally good enough.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 23:59   #558
Senior - BHPian

@backseatdriver:
1) Dell 1909W
2) Benq E2200 HD.

At any cost avoid ViewSonic.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 08:00   #559
BHPian

Why Avoid viewsonic? I am having a VA2226 with me for 2 years now and its working good !!!
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 08:55   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Why Avoid viewsonic? I am having a VA2226 with me for 2 years now and its working good !!!
1) I had a 19-incher that former ghost image pretty quickly. Experience is here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ight=viewsonic (Ghost Image Formation in 2 Year Old 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor. Opinions required.)

2) Another TBHP user's experience :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ight=viewsonic (The Baddest aftersales ever - Viewsonic LCD India.)

3) My father's 15 inch LCD monitor from Viewsoic is still working fine. Recently the quality has decreased as compared to what they were offering earlier. Next the competition has caught up, specially from Benq.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:02   #561
BHPian

Oh Mostly if i say about the after sales service in india for just any brand is disgusting. MS provides good hardware after sales for xbox 360 since mine went RROD and got a replacement home delivered. The pricing in india is very aggressive for major computer products but service is a major issue. American brands mostly do good after sales. My exp with APC ups is also good. Dell too makes excellent service as my laptop was repaired within 48 hours since my laptop was in next day service plan. For cheap price go for non american brands, quality service etc mostly american brands. My experience
1) Dell is great
2) MS is great
3) Logitech Sucks
4) Sony Sucks
5) APC is great

Last edited by MuzzledMoose : 17th October 2009 at 11:09. Reason: typo
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 06:57   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3) Logitech Sucks
You are completely wrong !
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 12:01   #563
BHPian

I have been using 2 viewsonics for the last 2 years or so without any issue. No ghosting, no dead pixels, nothing to complain about at all.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:08   #564
Senior - BHPian

I recently purchased a USB optical mouse, zebronics make.

The problem - it sometimes runs around, like possessed. It happens repeatedly, but I am unable to identify when / how / why it happens.

I am told that this might be a hardware problem; and would like to know what you guys think before I go to the shop and fire / fry them for a replacement.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:18   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

The problem - it sometimes runs around, like possessed. It happens repeatedly, but I am unable to identify when / how / why it happens.

I am told that this might be a hardware problem; and would like to know what you guys think before I go to the shop and fire / fry them for a replacement.
I had similar problem with my logitech ps2 mouse. It was under the warranty period and got it replaced for free.
(it was a good thing too because I got it replaced with tilt wheel type)

Zebronics is not a reliable brand. Hope it have warranty. If not fry them for selling crappy product

Regards.

One more thing from where did you buy the mouse? there is one authorized zeby dealer in kadavanthra.

Last edited by vaisakhr : 31st December 2009 at 12:37.
vaisakhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:23   #566
BHPian

i had a problem with my logitech optical mouse that it will scroll the window up and down by itself that too very fast. I tried resinstalling but nothing worked. eventually i solved it by throwing the mouse around and hitting it hardly to the floor .Now its working fine .
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:33   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Zebronics is not a very reliable brand, but nevertheless I think its low dpi mouse thats why this error is coming up. I am assuming that the pointer on screen is moving on its own.

Its a low DPI mouse mostly. I had similar issue with one mouse. Replace it with standard Logitech mouse costing around Rs. 350.
Even is Zebronics claim a specific DPI, I doubt they actually deliver it.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:48   #568
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Zebronics is not a very reliable brand, but nevertheless I think its low dpi mouse thats why this error is coming up. I am assuming that the pointer on screen is moving on its own.

Its a low DPI mouse mostly. I had similar issue with one mouse. Replace it with standard Logitech mouse costing around Rs. 350.
Even is Zebronics claim a specific DPI, I doubt they actually deliver it.
Not sure if it is indeed a hardware problem, but this mostly happens with optical mice, depending on the surface used and the distance (if a wireless mouse). Try using a dark mouse pad and see if the same thing happens. Lighter surface usually tends to do this! If it still does it, please go to the dealer > Ask him to lie down > and do this
ahwajid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 20:48   #569
BHPian

gurus which is the best company that makes micro atx cabinets? and what is the approximate price range?
also for a micro atx what all (except probably the motherboard) is different?
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 22:41   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
gurus which is the best company that makes micro atx cabinets? and what is the approximate price range?
also for a micro atx what all (except probably the motherboard) is different?
I will recommend going for Coolermaster if you are looking for a quality and expensive solution (starting at ~3k). Being Micro-ATX you will not need big case so cooling will have to be more effective.

Coolermaster

This is their site, most of the Mid towers and the Mini towers are built for Micro-ATX.

By the way I personally go for branded cases. There plenty of shops in Cochin selling damaged cases. What you have to do is spend a little time for search and you will find one which have only a little scratch on the top. Spend 100-150Rs and go home with that case. (Not recommended if you have budget and looking for a branded product)
vaisakhr is offline   Reply With Quote