Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 22nd October 2012, 19:25   #736
BHPian

Default re: Help with Computer Config

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Thanks, surely i will. IF you have any other info on the Asrock motherboard then do let me know.

Yes, i will be getting a PSU from seasonic or cooler master. Most probably it will be a seasonic 520W or a 600 W one.
i checked a few reviews and saw nothing but praises, so i gues this mobo is good, must be some other one that had problems.

seasonic is very good, i myself have one and its doing good work.
guptavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:30   #737
BHPian

Smile re: Help with Computer Config

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
I have a g41m intel supporting motherboard, running for the last
years.

The phenom costed me around 8k off flipkart. But now flipkart has hiked most of their prices. So I recommend not using flipkart.
Buy any AM3+ socket motherboard. Wont need upgrading.

Suggestion: Buy ASUS M5A97 MB, Bulldozer series Chip, and a 7750 card. A SSD drive, preferably 60Gigs, and there. You will have a entry level, gaming and mid level multi-tasking PC. Whats your total budget again?
SSD drive can range from 20-500GB, but I suggest you go for 20-60gigs only. Install the OS, your main multi-tasking apps in it, and they will work lightning fast.
Thanks, well my budget is 50k excluding the screen, UPS, mouse and keyboard. I have kept 10-15k for these. Lastly i doubt i will be going in for an SSD right now. They are expensive as hell . i may go for it in a few months time though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
i checked a few reviews and saw nothing but praises, so i gues this mobo is good, must be some other one that had problems.

seasonic is very good, i myself have one and its doing good work.
Great , will go ahead with this then. Thanks
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 13:44   #738
BHPian

Smile Re: Help with Computer Config

Guys any idea if the AMD FX- 8350 has been launched in india ? If yes then , how much is it for ?

Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 10:17   #739
BHPian

Default Re: Help with Computer Config

^^ Once you've used an SSD, you'll be blown away by their responsiveness. Even if you buy a small one for your OS and apps, it will be totally worth it. For almost anything other than gaming, I'd rather take a a Core2 duo with an SSD over an i7 with a mechanical HDD any day!
d3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 18:00   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
^^ Once you've used an SSD, you'll be blown away by their responsiveness. Even if you buy a small one for your OS and apps, it will be totally worth it. For almost anything other than gaming, I'd rather take a a Core2 duo with an SSD over an i7 with a mechanical HDD any day!
Excellent point.
the normal applications we use daily dont require those shiny and expensive specs. people fail to understand that and buy them for the heck of it. I know many people who do the same.

SSD is a luxury really.
Imran.Syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 18:31   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
Excellent point.
the normal applications we use daily dont require those shiny and expensive specs. people fail to understand that and buy them for the heck of it. I know many people who do the same.

SSD is a luxury really.
I got it. I will go for it if i am left with vitamin M .

Rest i went to get a quotation today. Will post all the prices in a while

Regards
Old 29th October 2012, 22:35   #742
BHPian

sorry for the delay guys, the prices are as follows ( all taxes inclusive )

1. AMD FX 8150 bulldozer - 11,200

2. ASRock 990FX Extreme 4 - 10,750

3. Corsair vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 GB - 1375

4. Seasonic 620 W PSU - 4990

5. Corsair 300R cabinet - 3850

6. Graphic card - ATI 7770 - 8900

7. WD black deition 64 mb cache 7200 rpm HDD - around 6000 ( i cant recollect )

So how does it look ? I will be buying all of these on 3rd of nov ( saturday ). Please let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 05:32   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj
sorry for the delay guys, the prices are as follows ( all taxes inclusive )

1. AMD FX 8150 bulldozer - 11,200

2. ASRock 990FX Extreme 4 - 10,750

3. Corsair vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 GB - 1375

4. Seasonic 620 W PSU - 4990

5. Corsair 300R cabinet - 3850

6. Graphic card - ATI 7770 - 8900

7. WD black deition 64 mb cache 7200 rpm HDD - around 6000 ( i cant recollect )

So how does it look ? I will be buying all of these on 3rd of nov ( saturday ). Please let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks
Looking at the prices of your other components, why don't you add another 4 GB of RAM to the list?

And do invest in single sticks of 4 GB, to give you a choice of adding more later.

All the best for your build.
LithiumSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 10:22   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Looking at the prices of your other components, why don't you add another 4 GB of RAM to the list?

And do invest in single sticks of 4 GB, to give you a choice of adding more later.

All the best for your build.
Yes , i am going in with 8 GB RAM. The previous post was just for the pricing information

Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:01   #745
BHPian

Need some urgent help. I am buying my system ( configuration is posted above ) on saturday. I am confused on what cooler to get. Can you guys please help me ?

My CPU is the AMD 8150 ( I am not getting an intel , so please dont start the war here ). I might overclock it so i was thinking of getting an Antec Kuhler 920/620 or the cooler master evo 212 +. Will it be a big difference in performance as i dont know if i should pay 4k more for the antec.

Lastly, for the disk drives, i am getting a corsair SSD 120 GB ( Rs 6k ) and a WD Black 1TB HDD ( 6.3k ). The WD is a 7200 rpm drive. I was thinking for the same money i will get the WD blue/green 2TB 5400 rpm drive. Which one should i go for, as for the OS the SSD would work just fine but for normal data / games, do i need a 7200 rpm drive ?

Please help

Regards
Old 31st October 2012, 17:43   #746
BHPian

Quote:
My CPU is the AMD 8150 ( I am not getting an intel , so please dont start the war here ). I might overclock it so i was thinking of getting an Antec Kuhler 920/620 or the cooler master evo 212 +. Will it be a big difference in performance as i dont know if i should pay 4k more for the antec.

Lastly, for the disk drives, i am getting a corsair SSD 120 GB ( Rs 6k ) and a WD Black 1TB HDD ( 6.3k ). The WD is a 7200 rpm drive. I was thinking for the same money i will get the WD blue/green 2TB 5400 rpm drive. Which one should i go for, as for the OS the SSD would work just fine but for normal data / games, do i need a 7200 rpm drive ?
i think the 212+ would be good, unless you are going to render for large continuous periods. if you're putting the OS on SSD you can use the blue edition without any problem. i have heard the greens are much slower and suited only for data storage eg. movies etc. high failure rates for continuos read/write operations.
BTW which brand is the 7770?
Old 31st October 2012, 20:57   #747
BHPian

Quote:
i think the 212+ would be good, unless you are going to render for large continuous periods. if you're putting the OS on SSD you can use the blue edition without any problem. i have heard the greens are much slower and suited only for data storage eg. movies etc. high failure rates for continuos read/write operations.
BTW which brand is the 7770?
Alright. How is sapphire ? i may have more options though ! At home i have a sapphire HD 5450 and it works fine.

Latest update : I just got a call from the seller and he says that the corsair 300R cabinet is not available. Please suggest me some good options under 4k. urgent !

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 31st October 2012 at 21:02.
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:05   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Alright. How is sapphire ? i may have more options though ! At home i have a sapphire HD 5450 and it works fine.

Latest update : I just got a call from the seller and he says that the corsair 300R cabinet is not available. Please suggest me some good options under 4k. urgent !
Sapphire is the best for amd cards. im also running a sapphire. i think 8900 is a great price for a saphire 7770.
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:10   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Sapphire is the best for amd cards. im also running a sapphire. i think 8900 is a great price for a saphire 7770.
Alright, thanks a lot. And can you please help me with the cabinet. I chose the corsair 300R but it is unavailable now . The other option i have is the corsair 400R / cooler master CM690 or the Antec 300. Any idea which is the best out of these and how is the antec ? For the cooler master and the corsair 400R i will have to stretch my budget which frankly i dont want to do !

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:18   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Alright, thanks a lot. And can you please help me with the cabinet. I chose the corsair 300R but it is unavailable now . The other option i have is the corsair 400R / cooler master CM690 or the Antec 300. Any idea which is the best out of these and how is the antec ? For the cooler master and the corsair 400R i will have to stretch my budget which frankly i dont want to do !

Thanks
sorry dude, dont have much idea about cabinets, use a cheap local one myself.