Team-BHP

Team-BHP (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Help with Computer Config (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31652-help-computer-config.html)

LithiumSunset 2nd November 2012 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj

Alright, thanks a lot. And can you please help me with the cabinet. I chose the corsair 300R but it is unavailable now :Frustrati . The other option i have is the corsair 400R / cooler master CM690 or the Antec 300. Any idea which is the best out of these and how is the antec ? For the cooler master and the corsair 400R i will have to stretch my budget which frankly i dont want to do !

Thanks

The make of the cabinet is not very important. It needs to be roomy, full atx with options for fans, but need not be expensive. I still recycle my 7 yr. old mercury cabinets. I found zebronics bijlee a good buy and still have it for one pc. Just check out the cabinet first hand and not just through a website. In fact I chose a different 'local' brand over a cooler master for my last build. It cost only 1600. I'll try and get you the details.

aditya.bhardwaj 2nd November 2012 11:56

Re: Help with Computer Config

Quote:

Originally Posted by guptavis (Post 2950815)
sorry dude, dont have much idea about cabinets, use a cheap local one myself.

No issues mate, thanks :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LithiumSunset (Post 2950895)
The make of the cabinet is not very important. It needs to be roomy, full atx with options for fans, but need not be expensive. I still recycle my 7 yr. old mercury cabinets. I found zebronics bijlee a good buy and still have it for one pc. Just check out the cabinet first hand and not just through a website. In fact I chose a different 'local' brand over a cooler master for my last build. It cost only 1600. I'll try and get you the details.

Alright will have a look at the cheaper cabinets too. I was going in for corsair 300R/400R because I found them to be well built and future proof. Do you think spending extra will be worth it ?

And lastly, do you have any idea if the AMD 8350 is available ? Because there is no point of going in for the 8150 if the new one is around the corner. I can wait for a maximum of 1 week.

Thanks

Gomzy 2nd November 2012 21:06

Network Drivers for the HPZ600 worstation required

We want to convert the HPZ600 workstation into a network server, but the HP website says that the windows server 2008 64 bit is not compatible with the Z600 workstation but i have heard of people making the OS run on similar machines by installing compatible drivers.

Hence could anyone help me in finding compatible network drivers for installing windows server 2008 Std R2 64bit to the HP Z600 workstation?please:

harishpr 2nd November 2012 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomzy
We want to convert the HPZ600 workstation into a network server, but the HP website says that the windows server 2008 64 bit is not compatible with the Z600 workstation but i have heard of people making the OS run on similar machines by installing compatible drivers.

Hence could anyone help me in finding compatible network drivers for installing windows server 2008 Std R2 64bit to the HP Z600 workstation?please:

Maybe a basic question, why not look at 32 bit Os version.?? Or just put vmware and install any server Os of your choice with separate ip for virtual server. This should be easily achievable.
Or install 2003 version since it should satisfy most of the needs of single network server.

Warwithwheels 2nd November 2012 22:42

Re: Network Drivers for the HPZ600 worstation required

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomzy (Post 2951757)

Was given this address by HP customer long time back to fish out drivers for my HP desktop.

http://www.driverpool.in/2012/04/hp-...p-drivers.html

Don't really know if you would benefit from this. Just give it a try! :)

LithiumSunset 2nd November 2012 23:31

Quote:

No issues mate, thanks :)

Alright will have a look at the cheaper cabinets too. I was going in for corsair 300R/400R because I found them to be well built and future proof. Do you think spending extra will be worth it ?

And lastly, do you have any idea if the AMD 8350 is available ? Because there is no point of going in for the 8150 if the new one is around the corner. I can wait for a maximum of 1 week.

Thanks

Ok, I found out what I bought for my last build, it was 'xigmatek asgard 2'. It's an excellent case.

I can't help you with the 8150 - 8350 stuff, I am not up to speed with the latest on h/w as I am not looking to build a new pc yet.

.sushilkumar 3rd November 2012 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishpr (Post 2951812)
Maybe a basic question, why not look at 32 bit Os version.?? Or just put vmware and install any server Os of your choice with separate ip for virtual server. This should be easily achievable.
Or install 2003 version since it should satisfy most of the needs of single network server.

putting hypervisor will cost him a bomb unless he is ready to change it every 60 days ( evolution version) . Even vmware has also stopped esx 4.xx and has decided to shift completely to esx I 64 bit. IMO days are numbered for 32 Bit Operating systems 's specially for server class machines.

you better install 32 bit version of Windows 2008 server or still stick with Windows 2003 server unless you are trying to do something available on 2008 Only.

reignofchaos 3rd November 2012 22:49

Do you know what the network chip is? That is all you need to know and then you can just download the driver off the chipmaker's site.

Edit: According to this doc - http://www.hp.com/united-states/pers...ts/z600_ds.pdf

It is a broadcom 5764. Get the driver from here:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethe...me_desktop.php

aditya.bhardwaj 4th November 2012 01:09

1 Attachment(s)
Finally a new rig clap:

There you go :D

sagarpadaki 4th November 2012 12:21

Quote:

Finally a new rig clap:

There you go :D

Congratulations on the new rig ! You finally got one after all the research and dilemmas. Can you please post the price of each component?

aditya.bhardwaj 4th November 2012 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2952903)
Congratulations on the new rig ! You finally got one after all the research and dilemmas. Can you please post the price of each component?

Thanks a lot ! here's the price breakup

1. Motherboard - ASRock 990FX Extreme 4 - Rs 10700

2. Processor - AMD FX 8150 - Rs 11,200

3. HDD - 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm ( 64mb cache ) - Rs 5900

4. DVD writer - Asus - Rs 950

5. RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 2 x 4 GB sticks - Rs 2500

6. SSD - OCZ 120 GB Agility 3 - Rs 6190

7. Graphic card - Sapphire ATI HD 7770 1 GHZ overclocked edition - Rs 8825

8. PSU - Seasonic 620 W - Rs 4750

9. Cabinet - Corsair 400R - Rs 4500

10. Liquid Cooling - Antec Kuhler 920 - Rs 5700

Total amount with 5 % VAT/sales = Rs 61,215

Lastly i spent Rs 1100 for a logitech G100 mouse and a logitech keyboard K-200 for Rs 400

Thanks

Gomzy 5th November 2012 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishpr (Post 2951812)

Thanks a ton, alternatively could i also use a network card 1Gbps and install the windows server 2008.

anand_lukose 10th November 2012 12:27

Awesome stuff aditya. Let us know how the FX 8150 runs ! Let me know if you are interested in worldcommunitygrid.org / BOINC. Team-BHP is also a group on it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nity-grid.html

Really wanted to check how the FX series do on BOINC. Let me know if you are willing.

Thanks
Luke

aditya.bhardwaj 10th November 2012 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand_lukose (Post 2958793)
Awesome stuff aditya. Let us know how the FX 8150 runs ! Let me know if you are interested in worldcommunitygrid.org / BOINC. Team-BHP is also a group on it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nity-grid.html

Really wanted to check how the FX series do on BOINC. Let me know if you are willing.

Thanks
Luke

Thanks a lot. Well for me , the FX is performing extremely well. Lastly , can you explain me more about the world community grid. I would surely like to join. But how exactly will i be contributing. I went through the website but couldnt understand anything stupid: . Can you give me a brief of what it is ?

Regards

neel385 10th November 2012 21:18

I use a desktop with a Dual Core 2.8 processor, 945 motherboard and 3 GB DDR 2 RAM. After switching to Win 7, I find the vedio performance pretty slow. Will a draphics card such as Asus AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card or Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card help?