Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 6th June 2011, 19:41   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
@naveenroy - Note that products sold in USA will have 110/120V input and what we have in India is 220/240V. If the product comes with an adapter, then the adapter can be modded. Or else you will need to purchase a good quality step down transformer. Cheap transformers are available but will trash such a quality product pretty soon. This answer can be obtained by searching another forum - hifivision.

Note to mods: Please edit this post if mention of another forum is prohibited. I mentioned it because it was relevant to the answer.
Yeah, thanks for that. The price is too good to be true though and I can purchase a good transformer for the same. Lets see...
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 00:09   #167
Senior - BHPian

@naveenroy-
I have purchased a few things from GEB and the service is quiet good each time.
From the date of purchase they say that around 2-3weeks it will take however most of my orders came within 7-10 days.
Also the seller listed is a power seller so he would be genuine!

Last edited by harry10 : 7th June 2011 at 00:10.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 18:49   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@naveenroy-
I have purchased a few things from GEB and the service is quiet good each time.
From the date of purchase they say that around 2-3weeks it will take however most of my orders came within 7-10 days.
Also the seller listed is a power seller so he would be genuine!
Thanks for that! And yes, the seller is a power seller so I am hoping things turn up alright. Will keep this thread posted if I decide to purchase it from them..
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 18:58   #169
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys. A question.

Can a seller ask ebay to refund the buyer's money when the item is not shipped?

I had purchased something, but neither the seller contacted me, nor was the item shipped. On the day before deadline for shipping was due, I had contacted the seller and his only response was like "I need 4 days for despatch, if you have problems, I will refund the money". On expiry of the shipping deadline, a system generated refund process was initiated, and I am told that there is a 5 day appeal period for the seller to dispute the refund process.

My questions - (a) can I give feed back after the refund process? I want to give a stinker of a review for him (the item still shows in stock). (b) the seller obviously could have initiated a refund request, which he has not. He really deserves a very bad feedback.

I will name the seller after I get the amount in my a/c.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 19:15   #170
BHPian

eBay India - PaisaPay FAQs

seller cannot initiate refund that quickly. your best case is the 5 day waiting period which you are undergoing.
echo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 10:39   #171
Senior - BHPian

I have a question related to a worldwide free shipping website (not ebay) but posting it here since it deals with getting items from abroad.

I ordered a pen (its a prank item, gives little electric shock when one tries to use it) from dealextreme.com and its been more than a month since its been shipped but when I didn't receive it I raised a ticket with their customer support. Today I got a reply that maybe the item is stuck with customs and I should check there or from my local post office.

Its only a $2 item so not too big a deal but if anyone has had experience of not receiving items from similar websites please share, may be there's an easy way out that I don't know of.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 11:57   #172
Senior - BHPian

What's the current feedback on GEB on i2c World Inc? I am planning to order stuff where the international reseller is i2c.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 12:55   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I have a question related to a worldwide free shipping website (not ebay) but posting it here since it deals with getting items from abroad.

I ordered a pen (its a prank item, gives little electric shock when one tries to use it) from dealextreme.com and its been more than a month since its been shipped but when I didn't receive it I raised a ticket with their customer support. Today I got a reply that maybe the item is stuck with customs and I should check there or from my local post office.

Its only a $2 item so not too big a deal but if anyone has had experience of not receiving items from similar websites please share, may be there's an easy way out that I don't know of.
You can find the same item here . I bought the same many years back for 50 Rs at a local stationary shop.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 15:43   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post

Have ordered many times from DX. Sometimes, the shipment was delivered in 20 days, sometimes after 45 days. Never had the problem of customs or goods being lost in transit. Don't worry, you will receive it in a fortnight at max.
prateekm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 18:48   #175
BHPian

Wow, you guys have revived a one year old post
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 20:23   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You can find the same item here . I bought the same many years back for 50 Rs at a local stationary shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Have ordered many times from DX. Sometimes, the shipment was delivered in 20 days, sometimes after 45 days. Never had the problem of customs or goods being lost in transit. Don't worry, you will receive it in a fortnight at max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Wow, you guys have revived a one year old post
Well as sajjt pointed out, that indeed was a year old post

I did receive the item but it was after about ~3-4 months from the order placement date.

The first time DX shipped it the customs didn't allow it any further and the customer care told me that it does happen at times. They told me to wait for another couple of weeks and if I didn't receive it even then, then they'd ship another one out an alternate way.

I never received the item and when I told the same to customer care they said that they'd be shipping out another one soon. After about 3-4 weeks I received the item, don't know what their shipment strategy was this time but it did reach me, that's the stort folks!
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 08:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to place an order on GEB since the last 24 hours & I have been getting the message - "We are facing Technical difficulties. Please try again after some time". I chatted with a very helpful customer service person who diagnosed the issue and told me that I got the message because of a technical issue. I have also emailed customer support. I can't think of another major site where a bug stopping their revenue stream hasn't been fixed for 24 hours.

What are the other options for ordering from abroad. My requirements is clothes. I couldn't find what I wanted on dealextreme.

Last edited by carboy : 29th October 2012 at 09:05.
Old 30th October 2012, 17:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

The ebay geb site faced technical difficulties for 2 full days & on the 3rd day the full category of items I required was removed - I had some 30-40 varieties/listings to chose from - all those items have been delisted.

I tried IShopInternational.com - I have never seen a website which provides so little functionality. Their website essentially consists of 2 things
1) A Post form where you give details of what you want
2) A Payment gateway.

You could essentially write all the code for the site in 1 day or less. All their work is done over email/phone rather than on the website other than the 2 things mentioned above. The quote I got had the order number and cost - it had very little details about what I wanted to order. It didn't even have the name of the US website from where I wanted to order - let alone the URL of what I wanted to order. It didn't have colour or size or anything. So I have no record/proof of what I am getting a quote for. Likewise their payment gateway doesn't seem to mention details of what you are paying for. When you login into the site, your account doesn't have a copy of the quote you received through email. Ideally, the order number & quote should be stored there with all details & you should click on it to take you to the payment gateway.

Their business may be well run (I have no idea) but their website looks like something a student coded as part of his homework assignment. I need to work up some more guts & order from them.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:11   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have any issue with the ebay online transaction. Pls let me know what needs to be done next to ome out of this issue.

I have ordered an item Samsung Galaxy S Duos mobile phone from ebay online portal.

The issue is the payment is stuck in gateway itself and it has not been processed. The amount of Rs.16k has been debited on my credit card on 07.11/2012 at 16.53 hrs. But from ebay side, I have not got any confirmation in mail or on my mobile on the successful transaction.

I have contacted my bank (HDFC Bank-Credit cards division) and they have confirmed that an amount of Rs.16100.39 has been debited in my account and need to contact ebay for further processing.

The bank has also given me the authorization code for this transaction and I have passed this to ebay and have asked them to process with the authorization code.

I had contacted their customer care and they are informing that it will take 48-72 hours to know whether I will get back the amount or the item will be processed. Today is already 2nd day and still no sign of their representative calling me on the same which I was informed during my discussions with them that they will resolve the issue within 72 hours.

I have ordered this phone as there was an advt put in the heading of this forum banner stating "Deals on Mobile Phones and accessories" :(

I'am totally in a fix on this whole transaction.

Last edited by snaronikar : 9th November 2012 at 15:25. Reason: spelling correction
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 20:36   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I tried IShopInternational.com (snip) Their business may be well run (I have no idea)
So I ordered some clothes off Amazon using IshopInternational.com on 30th October. It got delivered today - 9th Nov. So I am very satisfied and I'll surely use them I again if I need to.

And it was around 20% cheaper than Ebay GEB also before Ebay GEB pulled the item from their listing.