Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 8th April 2009, 17:55   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Most player have a limitation that they can read only one partition.
So since you hdd has 3 partitions your player couldn't recognize and read it.
A flash drive u normally would not have partitions so it reads up fine.

I have used a variety of flash drive on my Philips 3166 player. they work.
my 2.5" WD Passport hdd that runs off USB power doesn't work.
my 3.5" WD passport hdd with its own PS runs fine on my DVD player.
my 2.5 WD passport does not work on my Pioneer car HU due to lack of enough power.

Try using a hdd with external power source with just one partition. it will deifnelty work

as far the Philips DVP-3166 is concerned , it supports hdds upto 250 GB
I have HDD with different partitions to separate my data, movies & softwares. So I don't want to disturb that one.
Also the USB DVD players does not support many formats and they do 1080 upscaling. Because of these problems I went for WD Player. Will go for 1TB HDD to store all movies.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote