Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 25th January 2008, 15:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Nemo, IMHO.. unnecessary additional investment for a PDA thats outdated anyway. Besides, BT will hardly give you a range of 10 meters.

Suggest you buy a HTC phone which has all the features of a PDA + phone. Infact, HTC was the contract manufacturer who made iPaqs for Compaq earlier.. Now there are models which are as cheap as 12k.
In his application, he is reusing the old PDA as a front-end! The BT will connect to his BT-capable cellphone, through which he will connect to Internet via the GPRS connectivity.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 18:18   #17
BHPian

thanks @spadival,

I'm with you on the HTC but I don't want to replace my iPAQ as it serves my purpose as of now as a PDA - i was only looking to enhance it little bit. Today, i have an option to use my laptop and my mobile phone to connect to the internet or simply use the mobile for quick browsing. If it becomes essential and may be when i plan to replace my mobile i'll consider HTC.

cheers!
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote