Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 17th March 2012, 04:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mice :)

Any of these two would be a good choice. I don't have much idea about G9x but I think in the G9x the free-scroll to normal scroll shift button is on bottom whereas for G500 it's on top so it's much easier on G500 to change the scrolling on the fly.
BTW, found a comparo video between these two, G9x looking good
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 07:35   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Mice :)

I purchased my first mobile mouse back in 2006 was this thinkoutside BT mouse, it was very good and I was using it with Windows notebook and also on my windows pocket PC. It was fun showing off back then

Think Outside Stowaway Bluetooth Mouse and Universal Keyboard - Review

Later I started using Microsoft mouse and still vouch for its quality. I used the first bluetrack technology mouse (Explorer mouse) and then also bought the Ergo Desktop which I'm still using.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...7000/WTA-00001

The keyboard here is really great! It gives the real good position to the hands and wrist so that they are always relaxed. Most of the time, I have this big keyboard on my lap and I'm moving around the quad monitors on my desk and its fun to use without any issues. The mouse came with this set is good from ergo perspective but somehow I felt uncomfortable and have stopped using for past few months. Was also using Arch Touch Mouse for a while, but I guess thats the most expensive mouse I bought and least happy with the performance I was.

Computer Mouse, Wireless Mouse, Bluetooth Mouse | Microsoft Hardware

Now, back to the basic Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000 and its performing well, use it for both, desktop as well as notebook so I kind of get uniform experience. Love the bluetrack tech. it works almost everywhere, including the glass top of my dining table at home, on the carpet (except a couple odd surfaces). I generally choose 5-button mice so that I can configure the buttons the way and I want so I can use those keys or key-combinations for custom actions, mainly with my outlook, IE and debugger apps. I havent used logitech yet, but would like to give it a try someday if I can find a good ergo model.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote