Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 21:36   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Sound problem ATP3

I have an Altec Lansing ATP3.
The problem is that the sound is coming from only one speaker (right speaker). Even though all the software settings are set to "Desktop Stereo". Even if i turn off the right speaker through software, its still sounding. ie, its behaving as a single channel speaker system. I suspect that its a software problem rather than a hardware problem, since if there were to be some problem with my left speaker, then turning its volume to highest and that of the right speaker to lowest, should result in no sound. But it still sounds from the right one even in that case.

Any solutions?
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 21:54   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,890 Times
Default

Push in your headphone plug properly.

cya
R

ps - if that doesnt work, its possible the female part of the plug (on your laptop) is damaged.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 22:30   #3
BHPian
 
toiingg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 599
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Try plugging it into an ipod or a discman, see if both speakers are working fine.
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 22:48   #4
JPL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: XXXXX
Posts: 241
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have an Altec Lansing ATP3.
The problem is that the sound is coming from only one speaker (right speaker). Even though all the software settings are set to "Desktop Stereo". Even if i turn off the right speaker through software, its still sounding. ie, its behaving as a single channel speaker system. I suspect that its a software problem rather than a hardware problem, since if there were to be some problem with my left speaker, then turning its volume to highest and that of the right speaker to lowest, should result in no sound. But it still sounds from the right one even in that case.

Any solutions?
1. Recheck the fader controls, control panel>sound and audio devices.
2. not working, try listening to music with a headphone and check.
3. if the same result with the headphone, reinstall the audio driver. restart the computer and check with the atp3, if not working check with the headphones.
4. Still not working, try speaker input cable unplugging and plugging when playing music and check, not working most probably a hardware issue
5. Visit the Ice section hehe last resort.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 11:42   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default

Supposing its a hardware issue, then sliding fader control to the extreme left (towards faulty speaker) should result in NO sound. Isnt it? BUT, it still sounds at exactly the same volume from the right, like when the fader was at middle position.

Anyway i will try the steps outlined there by JPL.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 12:43   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Try plugging it into an ipod or a discman, see if both speakers are working fine.
This will ensure that the speakers are fine. and putting headphone in the comp will insure the pc is fine.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 00:01   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,890 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
This will ensure that the speakers are fine. and putting headphone in the comp will insure the pc is fine.
Simple and effective way to locate the problem

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi's Sound Concept cabin defines auditory excess: 62 speaker surround-sound ! dar3dev|l In-Car Entertainment 10 22nd June 2010 15:23
Problem with surround sound setup COUGAR Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 16th May 2009 12:49
Sound issue - Getz. Suspension problem? nishantgandhi Technical Stuff 1 6th February 2009 11:01
Sound from Engine Bay of Swift VDI (DDIS) - what would be the cause of this sound? DieselFan Technical Stuff 4 25th January 2008 18:31
ATP3 not turning ON DCEite Gadgets, Computers & Software 22 28th May 2007 17:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks