Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 27th February 2008, 13:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Media video game cartridge(s)

I may be talking a bit old school here, but what the heck. Although my PS2 is far better and way ahead in terms of game play and graphics, but somehow I could never forget the old school cute games of Media/Nintendo/Samurai/Atari. Hence, I dug up my old and defunct Media Video Game and did a small DIY job to restore it to working condition.

I was able to play Contra, Road Fighter, Mario Bros, Tank and a few other games which were on a dubious 150-in-1 cartridge. However, I am still missing a couple of sweet games like Excite Bike, Circus Charlie (my sis just loves this game!), Balloon Fighter etc.

Does anybody still have any/all of the above mentioned games? Or if someone could direct me to shops in Mumbai from where I can procure these? Heavens will bless you in massive proportions if you help me bring back old memories
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

nishant why not just use nesticle and download the roms. I know its illegal but last time i heard the rom companies said "that if u have the original cartridges with you u can play them on your PC by downloading them."

P.S. I liked old games better than the new PS2, xbox etc games. Those were more fun to play than new ones.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
nishant why not just use nesticle and download the roms. I know its illegal but last time i heard the rom companies said "that if u have the original cartridges with you u can play them on your PC by downloading them."

P.S. I liked old games better than the new PS2, xbox etc games. Those were more fun to play than new ones.
Thanks for the suggestion but how do I play these on TV? I guess your suggested method is to play them on the PC right?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but how do I play these on TV? I guess your suggested method is to play them on the PC right?
Well you cant play them on TV i was just suggesting that if you are unable to find the cartridges you can download them. You can also use USB joysticks for playing them on PC. They costs just Rs 200 - 300 and works good.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 14:34   #5
BANNED

Blast from the past!

I still have my Atari 2600 VCS (Video Computer System) dated 1984 lying around with some game cartridges. My Sony Playstation dated 1999 is more involving but as you rightly mention, the cartridge games had more charm. I could play Pac-Man for hours.

See if this helps
PC Atari Emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote