Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 8th March 2008, 13:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Question Good service station for Sony Ericssion in Bangalore

Any idea on a good service location for the sony ericssion mobiles? My K750i was dropped today by my kid and its speaker is not working. If I use the speaker phone, i am able to listen to the voice from other side. But if I off the speaker phone,then its dead, I cant listen to person.
Can you please tell me a service place in bangalore? Thanks.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 04:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The official ones would do the job just fine. And while you're at it, they will upgrade the software under warranty for free as well.

We've had a coupla good experiences with the delhi ones, had taken w810 there
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 09:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Thank god it ain't a nokia

There is one on cunnigham road which repaired my screen within a day
Another one in K'managala near the nike showroom
One more nr Richmond circle next to Nikhaar jewellers
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 20:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. I will check it out.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here you go... I went to Cunningham street. Its serviced by Accel guys.

I got the phone "serviced" today. I gave it 3 days back and today got it. The lady at the front was so pathetic, just gave the phone and asking to sign received. Thankgod, I tested it. it had same problem that I reported. Then she went around and again same waiting. Then she came back. But this time asking me how much cost "they" told me. I said Rs.280. She started telling "no, that is for service charge only and so how much they said for S.C + component + software upgrade. And software upgrade is 100rs." No one informed me how much is it going to be. Then I was telling them I did not ask for software upgrade. Then she came back & said no I need to pay for all 3. (280+component+100). Then I saw the repair sheet and it said no component replaced. Argued with them. Finally she said all together it is 350. How?
I told "if you have decided to get 350 at any cost, then you can arrive to any calculation and I said I am ready to pay and leave. Then it went on for a while and finally customer (its me ) win.
She just got 280 and done.
Anyway, if you wanna go to the cunningham (Accel info), then better dedicate atleast half-day for this. You need to wait, wait, & wait for giving to service, getting it back and please, please, do keep change. Else another wait for that. I waited for 20 min just to get the change.

I called 2 days and they said, speaker has to be replace and ordered and so I need to wait. Same response for 2 days. But finally turns that no component is changed. Strange!!!! Anyway, its working in the end.

Thanks ajmat for the response.
Old 13th March 2008, 18:52   #6
Team-BHP Support

Looks like mobile phone service is universally bad. I bought SE since i got so frustrated with Nokia service
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 20:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

One man's meat is ...!!! I had a very good experience, like you had for your SE, with the Nokia service guys at Gandhi Bazar: N70 display kaput, repaired in 1 day.

BUT, for my daughter's 2150 it took 10 days, with constant follow-up and dressing-downs, at the Infantry Road (HCL) center. Ditto for a 3650 at the Hosur Road center (again HCL) - where I had gone despite parking problems and all - since I thought the Infantry Road guys were nincompoops.

Funnily, the more feature-packed a phone is, the more the likelihood of failure. You should see the number of Communicators and other high end ones that come for repair! And I have had Alcatel, Siemens and Motorola sets which had never failed for years despite much misuse and lack of care.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote