Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 11:18   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
There are issues with screen brightness in N82 that have been doing rounds and this is whats stopping me from buying this phone. What about it guys? Any suggestions or feedbacks?
I haven't seen any issues with that. I have the phone since Jan first week. If you can share specifics of what you heard about screen brightness, I can confirm one way or the other.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 11:59   #17
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
There are issues with screen brightness in N82 that have been doing rounds and this is whats stopping me from buying this phone. What about it guys? Any suggestions or feedbacks?
@Lavkesh Arora:
I have used the N82 for nearly 3 months now. Video is brilliant.

There are no issues with screen brightness. The slightly dimmer screen on the N82 is not a defect. It is a strategy to extend battery life.
I need to only charge my N82, once in 4 days.

People see the N82's extra bright alert mode and want to have it that bright all of the time. I'm sure the high brightness can be enabled by software, but then battery life would be significantly reduced.

To see how bright the screen can be, download NiceLight from
NiceLight
Note: The free trial period for Nicelight is limited to 7 days.

Choose the one for N95. Then open NiceLight on your N82 and choose Display torch!

Now press the Menu button above the "1"key and see it yourself.
If you press any button now, the screen will adjust to "normal" firmware limited brightness mode.

Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 12:07   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
It is a strategy to extend battery life.
I need to only charge my N82, once in 4 days.
4 days??? Wow. I need to charge it every 2 days. If i talk for more than 5 hours on the phone, the battery goes down by half. But it would be really nice that I could make mine too last for 3 if not 4 days.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 12:57   #19
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

The N82 comes with a 3.7 Volt, 1,050 milli-Ampere-hour battery. Nokia BP-6MT.

I was amazed by its stamina, though it is so dimunitive.

GPS drains battery quite hard particularly if too few GPS satellites are visible and the N82 keeps searching. Playing music loud on the speakers surprisingly does not drain the battery as copiously as the N73, although Web browsing is heavy on battery use. This is more so, if you're browsing while on a bus that's speeding on the expressway.

Until the N82, the N73 was the most frugal of Nokia Smartphones.

Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 15:13   #20
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

@ram how do you compare it with N95? I think the N95 is more compact and has the same featurs, except the Xenon flash.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 15:14   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,659
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
@ram how do you compare it with N95? I think the N95 is more compact and has the same featurs, except the Xenon flash.
n95 more compact than n82?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 15:41   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,486
Thanked: 1,163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
@Lavkesh Arora:
I have used the N82 for nearly 3 months now. Video is brilliant.

There are no issues with screen brightness. The slightly dimmer screen on the N82 is not a defect. It is a strategy to extend battery life.
I need to only charge my N82, once in 4 days.

People see the N82's extra bright alert mode and want to have it that bright all of the time. I'm sure the high brightness can be enabled by software, but then battery life would be significantly reduced.

To see how bright the screen can be, download NiceLight from
NiceLight
Note: The free trial period for Nicelight is limited to 7 days.

Choose the one for N95. Then open NiceLight on your N82 and choose Display torch!

Now press the Menu button above the "1"key and see it yourself.
If you press any button now, the screen will adjust to "normal" firmware limited brightness mode.

Ram
Ram...

Have a look at these
[COLOR=#eb5700] [/COLOR]
n82 VERY LOW brightness! - Nseries Devices and S60 Smartphones - Nokia Support Discussions

The only things that stopping me from buying this phone apart from an impending price drop.

Have a look at this too, stunning, the N82 runs quake for mobile like its anybody's business.... this is THE one in all phone if ever there was.


And this... absolutely stunning!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 27th March 2008 at 15:46.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 18:01   #23
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
n95 more compact than n82?
I had been to The Mobile Store and noticed that N82 feels much more heavy because of the steel body, compared to N95 which feels smaller.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 18:30   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,486
Thanked: 1,163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I had been to The Mobile Store and noticed that N82 feels much more heavy because of the steel body, compared to N95 which feels smaller.
Are you sure you have seen the N82? Its all plastic although the front may look metal because of the mirror metal finish.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 18:40   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,659
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I had been to The Mobile Store and noticed that N82 feels much more heavy because of the steel body, compared to N95 which feels smaller.
ok. first time ive heard n95 is compact.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 19:02   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,572
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

I prefer to get one for upgrading from E 62. I know its not a meaningful change, considering the business features of the E 62. Lately after changing from bsnl to airtel broadband, I find hardly any use of the 'mobile office' as a back up for broadband failures, because airtel never failed till today (3 months in a row). Being a smartphone user since 7 years, I find lot of attractive things with N 82, although I havent found time to visit the stores. I find everything I want on an N 82 while going through the nokia site and other user reviews. Size wise I dont think N 95 can be compared to N 82. Users here, do you find similarity in size and buttons between SE K750i and N 82 ?
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 19:05   #27
BHPian
 
MC Mayank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

is the n95 any slimmer or fatter than the original n95? Someone mentioned in this forum that it has a 2.8" screen!
MC Mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 19:07   #28
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,659
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
is the n95 any slimmer or fatter than the original n95? Someone mentioned in this forum that it has a 2.8" screen!
the normal n95 has a 2.5inch screen whereas the 8gb has a 2.8inch screen. both phones dimensions are the same.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 19:13   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Having grabbed 40% of the world market, Nokia is the world's top producer of cell phones. Unable to bear the competition, Motorola had to exit the mobile phone business.
I am surprised to hear that Motorola had to exit mobile phone business because i still see new releases from Motarola.
visu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 19:19   #30
BHPian
 
katalysm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 120
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Any idea what the price for N82 in mumbai,and what all goodies you get with it

Last edited by katalysm76 : 27th March 2008 at 19:20.
katalysm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nokia N82 & N95 new software versions released (March/April 08) nishantgandhi Gadgets, Computers & Software 6 9th April 2008 16:54
The latest fashion from Nokia - new Nokia 8800 khanak Gadgets, Computers & Software 29 26th March 2008 00:56
nokia 7610 v/s nokia 6600 normally_crazy Shifting gears 2 21st August 2004 18:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks