Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 27th March 2008, 22:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
i wanted an RO systems and eureka forbes did not have a good ro system.

so i bought Kent.
I agree with this.
But with this sort of experience, I am confused. Should I go for Kent or Eureka ?
After sales service is equally important.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 15:41   #17
BHPian

I have been using Zero B RO pristine model for the past one year & I am happy with the performance so far. The service guys were proactively calling up when the service was due. There were 3 free service during the 1st year.
The life of the RO membrane depends upon the input water quality. High TDS content over 600 will gradually clog up the membrane filters.
Membrane filters are expensive & an comprehensive AMC with Zero B cost Rs.3990/- They will replace all the filter during the one year service period.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 16:52   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Stay away from Pure Water House, Bangalore (dealer for Kent RO systems)

Planning to go for Kent Grand RO+UV water purifier.
Any info on the following will help.
1. Maintenance costs - parts replacement and AMC
2. Good dealer to buy and Service in Bangalore
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 21:53   #19
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Stay away from Pure Water House, Bangalore (dealer for Kent RO systems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Planning to go for Kent Grand RO+UV water purifier.
Any info on the following will help.
1. Maintenance costs - parts replacement and AMC
2. Good dealer to buy and Service in Bangalore
Kent products were good once upon a time. even now they are ok. But buy them if you want live with non existent service almost everywhere. The dealers just sell and forget you. they dont even do mandatory checkup at 6 months.

now a days many RO systems are there check

But you can check DKwaters. the guy appears to be reasonable
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 11:39   #20
BHPian

Slightly OT.

I was following up with Zero-B chennai for installing a water softener in my home town (Erode). Actually they responded well and followed up professionally. But our plumber at native insisted that ZeroB cannot provide AMC where they dont have dealers or service networks. So I fell for it, and bought a locally sourced one. It happened to be a dud, which spoiled our borewell compressor with improper softening. It is kept idle now. Waste of Rs.34k.

Later I found that ZeroB has a service network in Coimbatore and they offer AMC and good service backups in our town too. Felt like banging my head on the wall :frustration. I should have gone for Zero B, not minding the additional 5K expense.

Zero B products are comparatively good and effective. Heard they have good reputation in Industrial area.
rajeshsundaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 11:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Ages ago there was a thread with extensive discussions of RO systems here. The leaders in RO are Zero B (Ion Exchange) and Kent. The former use Iodine for the final polishing and the latter use UV. I do not have a RO since I feel unless absolutely necessary the 70% or more water which is not used is a waste.

After a terrible experience with Eureka Forbes service, I switched to an independent for service. These guys are by and large excellent. The ones I employ are almost all ex-Eureka Forbes with a long experience before they went independent. They are good and prompt. In fact after about 10 years my AquaGuard needed rto be replaced so I bought the new unit through the independent. Same price, but service from my chaps. A friend wanted an RO and the same people supplied him a Zero B (they offered to sell a Kent or a Eureka Forbes also, as selected) at the same price (incl discounts) and are looking after the maintenance.

These chaps will call you, fix an appointment, and show up on time. They are also cheaper.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote