Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 11:35   #1576
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 73
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
I got 2G - 8GB iphone, which i wanna sell as I am getting G1 from US. let me know if you are interested.
I want 3G only. Anyways thanks for the offer.
saurabh159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 15:24   #1577
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
I got 2G - 8GB iphone, which i wanna sell as I am getting G1 from US. let me know if you are interested.
Can you PM me details for the 2g? I dont wanna OT here
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 15:26   #1578
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hey D-Man, I need your assistance in unlocking my new iPhone which has come from US. I donít want to fiddle with it and send it to grave.
Vinay, I purchased mine from USA too. Hope you have unlocked it now. If not then PM me. We can exchange numbers where ill guide you step by step. Watching many tutorials may ruin the situation. I bricked mine since Jan I think. Works well now.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 16:38   #1579
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pantnagar--> Kanpur-->Noida
Posts: 25
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi All,

I am planning to ask my friend to get me an iphone 3G from US. The website says that it starts from $99. Can anybody enlighten me as to how much can I expect to pay (in total) to get it. I plan to unlock it using the methods described in the threads here. That brings me to second query: what are the softwares in the market which can unlock iphone 3g safely.

Thanks
Nishant B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 17:48   #1580
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant B View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to ask my friend to get me an iphone 3G from US. The website says that it starts from $99. Can anybody enlighten me as to how much can I expect to pay (in total) to get it. I plan to unlock it using the methods described in the threads here. That brings me to second query: what are the softwares in the market which can unlock iphone 3g safely.

Thanks
Nishant, I started a thread a while back called it "iphone for $99". First part can be answered there. The model you are speaking about is 3GS. As of now no jailbreaks or unlocks have been developed yet for that version. As for getting a iphone from US; its a waste. You shall prolly end up same money if you buy it from Voda or Airtel. Which can be unlocked anyday. Let us know when you get it So we can help you unlock.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 17:51   #1581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 527
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Still 3GS comes with plan only. Not sure how you will get it without any plan. If you know how let me know too
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 18:29   #1582
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Ya true Sam. The only way you can get it is Cancel after 30 days pay $200 cancellation fees or keep the phone on lowest plan until you get rebate checks and then cancel paying $200. But then you shall have that plan incurring atleast $50 a month.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 12:07   #1583
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 182
Thanked: Once
Default Stuck at "Downloading Jailbreak Data" 3.0 on 2g

I was trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 and in the end, On my Iphone 2g 2.2,there is a HD picture,and it says - "downloading jailbreak data" its spinning,and it lasts for quite some time,and when it finishes brings me to the picture of a usb pointed towards an itunes icon...

On my windows,it says that the Redsn0w was successfull,and it jailbroken it correctly...

Help
tarunmadhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 12:48   #1584
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
I was trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 and in the end, On my Iphone 2g 2.2,there is a HD picture,and it says - "downloading jailbreak data" its spinning,and it lasts for quite some time,and when it finishes brings me to the picture of a usb pointed towards an itunes icon...

On my windows,it says that the Redsn0w was successfull,and it jailbroken it correctly...

Help
Tarun

It is clear that the phone is not going into DFU mode.. was the phone OFF and connected to the comp before you ran redsnow? Please follow that, and the button pushing sequence part of the instructions to the 'T'.

Last edited by kb100 : 25th June 2009 at 12:50.
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 13:34   #1585
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
I was trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0 and in the end, On my Iphone 2g 2.2,there is a HD picture,and it says - "downloading jailbreak data" its spinning,and it lasts for quite some time,and when it finishes brings me to the picture of a usb pointed towards an itunes icon...

On my windows,it says that the Redsn0w was successfull,and it jailbroken it correctly...

Help
Tarun pm me your contact number and I shall walk you through the process. Ill help you unlock it within 25 minutes.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 20:51   #1586
BHPian
 
johnda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tvla
Posts: 401
Thanked: 11 Times
Default help!

I'm using a 2G 2.2v,
I downloaded all the files required for 3.0 upgrade and jailbreak.
When I press the option key and then click restore itunes asks for backup and restore- and if i proceed then it hooks up with apple and starts the download for 3.0 but this will lock the phone.
I'm supposed to get a drop down box and navigate to the custom restore ipsw right? but this option is not there. I'm doing the upgrade and jail break on my mac and files downloaded are all for the Mac OS.
Pls advice.
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 23:57   #1587
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I'm using a 2G 2.2v,
I downloaded all the files required for 3.0 upgrade and jailbreak.
When I press the option key and then click restore itunes asks for backup and restore- and if i proceed then it hooks up with apple and starts the download for 3.0 but this will lock the phone.
I'm supposed to get a drop down box and navigate to the custom restore ipsw right? but this option is not there. I'm doing the upgrade and jail break on my mac and files downloaded are all for the Mac OS.
Pls advice.

I dont exactly know how this works on Mac.. but on Windows one needs to HOLD DOWN the SHIFT key while pressing restore - and that brings up the navigation box.
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:33   #1588
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,657
Thanked: 7,219 Times
Default

I think on mac you need to hold the apple key to bring the pop up.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 11:32   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 4,860 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I'm using a 2G 2.2v,
I downloaded all the files required for 3.0 upgrade and jailbreak.
When I press the option key and then click restore itunes asks for backup and restore- and if i proceed then it hooks up with apple and starts the download for 3.0 but this will lock the phone.
I'm supposed to get a drop down box and navigate to the custom restore ipsw right? but this option is not there. I'm doing the upgrade and jail break on my mac and files downloaded are all for the Mac OS.
Pls advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think on mac you need to hold the apple key to bring the pop up.
Not apple key. Press and hold option and then click. It has to work. You are not right clicking by mistake are you? Works on my mac.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 30th June 2009 at 11:36.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 16:18   #1590
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: dont know
Posts: 199
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

if nothing above worked for you like Tejas suggested; I recommend finish the job an a xp and later you can get the data from MAC. May be you shall loose all your contacts. But fun fact is Google Sync works on Iphone. You can use that to sync everything to you gmail account. I guess i dont need to explain more
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:14.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks