Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 15:12   #4696
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
It's a hardware issue and not a software issue. Not uncommon. wifi antenna might have become loose. Press the area near the camera. Gently but firmly. Helps to press from front and back at the same time. Use your fingers and thumb rather than a mechanical object.

If this doesn't solve it then you'd have to open it up and get the wifi asy changed. The whole contraption is so bloody small. I have one open in my drawer and it's like humpty dumpty. Can not put it back together again.
I tried that but it didn't work.

I tried calling few guys who fixes iPhone but all said it cannot be fixed. Does anyone know who is good at fixing iPhones especially Mumbai?
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 20:58   #4697
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 1.37N 103.92E
Posts: 83
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Does anyone know who is good at fixing iPhones especially Mumbai?
Cell city, 4 bangla. That's the guy I go to.
rtandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 08:33   #4698
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Quick query on app store. I brought a paid app recently. Now even when I try to install a free app or update, it's asking for payment details. Removing the cc details didn't help. What to do?
Are you sure it's asking payment details? Apps require authentication before install/ upgrade so it may well be only that.
vinod332002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 10:55   #4699
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,792
Thanked: 1,311 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Quick query on app store. I brought a paid app recently. Now even when I try to install a free app or update, it's asking for payment details. Removing the cc details didn't help. What to do?
Yes, even for a free app, the store asks for payment details and you even get a receipt of 0.00$ for that purchase.

Name:  Apple_Receipt_free.jpg
Views: 4583
Size:  81.2 KB

For upgrades, you do need to login with your iTunes Store id, but you are not asked about payment details directly. Anyways, since you've logged in, they will know your payment details.

Starting iOS 6.0, you will no longer be asked for authentication while upgrading an app.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 11:31   #4700
F50
Senior - BHPian
 
F50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai/USA
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Cell city, 4 bangla. That's the guy I go to.
Can you PM me his number? Are you sure he'll solve wifi hardware issues because many said no.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 21:06   #4701
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 993 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Anyone else on here playing CSR Racing? I'm finding it incredibly addictive!
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 21:09   #4702
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,599
Thanked: 3,527 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Anyone else on here playing CSR Racing? I'm finding it incredibly addictive!
I have it on my phone. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I play, I did not find it exciting at all
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 21:16   #4703
Senior - BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,027
Thanked: 993 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Haha, perhaps so! All boiling down to a question of tastes and all that.

It's just that there's an awesome selection of really exotic cars to level up, choose from and upgrade. That's right up my alley!
iliketurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 21:49   #4704
BHPian
 
M5_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Noida
Posts: 99
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles
Anyone else on here playing CSR Racing? I'm finding it incredibly addictive!
I Finished the game in 7 days without spending any real dollars.
M5_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 04:45   #4705
BHPian
 
deep_bang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore / Boise
Posts: 573
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Let me know how it goes. The phone still works, not a bad crash..just half a inch crack on the display, rest on the border.
I was able to get the phone working. Here is all i did:
1. Got new front glass + digitizer from ebay. (10$)
2. Got a new back housing from ebay.(10$)

Both the above were bought in the US. Unfortunately, most of these guys dont ship to India.

Replacing Front glass: This is the easy part. You would need the right screwdriver to remove screws at the bottom of the phone. You would also need a suction cup (something that can stick to the front glass and which you can pull it up).
There are enough tutorials on ebay to do this. What is important is to buy the front glass + digitizer together because if you buy only the glass, then you get into problems like glueing it onto the older parts. All in all, a half hour job even for a first timer.

Replacing back cover: Now this is way more complex. The problem is that, almost every part is screwed on to the back cover, and so to replace this you would need to remove every single part of the phone. While it is still quite simple, if you go through youtube videos, i had grossly underestimated the effort involved. If you want to do it, please keep a few hours to finish it. I took about 2 to 3 hours to get this done. Perhaps, now that i know it, it may only take half hour, but the first time, you need to be very careful as there are many parts (and many many screws). I had actually used a plain sheet of paper, and marked the screws on a layout of the phone drawn on the paper.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any particular information.
deep_bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 08:17   #4706
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 491
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I was able to get the phone working. Here is all i did:
1. Got new front glass + digitizer from ebay. (10$)
2. Got a new back housing from ebay.(10$)

Both the above were bought in the US. Unfortunately, most of these guys dont ship to India.

Replacing Front glass: This is the easy part. You would need the right screwdriver to remove screws at the bottom of the phone. You would also need a suction cup (something that can stick to the front glass and which you can pull it up).
There are enough tutorials on ebay to do this. What is important is to buy the front glass + digitizer together because if you buy only the glass, then you get into problems like glueing it onto the older parts. All in all, a half hour job even for a first timer.

Replacing back cover: Now this is way more complex. The problem is that, almost every part is screwed on to the back cover, and so to replace this you would need to remove every single part of the phone. While it is still quite simple, if you go through youtube videos, i had grossly underestimated the effort involved. If you want to do it, please keep a few hours to finish it. I took about 2 to 3 hours to get this done. Perhaps, now that i know it, it may only take half hour, but the first time, you need to be very careful as there are many parts (and many many screws). I had actually used a plain sheet of paper, and marked the screws on a layout of the phone drawn on the paper.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any particular information.
I want only the glass to be replaced. No issues/scratches in the back cover. Also can I get the home button replaced or something? Because, I have to press it hard for once or twice to get the button work. Have issue with the volume rocker too, however I fix it with glue, it comes out.

So, can you link me to the eBay page from where you sourced ?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 13:40   #4707
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 40 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

How much they charge to replace home button of iPhone 4 (locally.. not at Apple Store)? mine has gone kaput and needs to be pressed hard every time.
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 18:21   #4708
BHPian
 
nkg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 233
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010
How much they charge to replace home button of iPhone 4 (locally.. not at Apple Store)? mine has gone kaput and needs to be pressed hard every time.
I am having the same issue with my 3GS, not sure where to take it for changing the home button.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 18:38   #4709
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,566
Thanked: 360 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I am having the same issue with my 3GS, not sure where to take it for changing the home button.


Since the topic is the home button -

Here's a phone which is iPhone in looks but with no home button, nothing
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 18:52   #4710
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,505
Thanked: 3,522 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post


Since the topic is the home button -

Here's a phone which is iPhone in looks but with no home button, nothing
OT:

Sunil, you're a anti-iPhone fella! you should be banned from this thread
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks