Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 13:39   #496
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 683
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Whats the easiest way for me to upgrade my 1.1.1 to 1.1.4?
Download 1.1.4 firmware (you can search on google to get it)
Restore your iphone through Itues (by holding down the shift key and then pointing it to the dloaded firmware file)
Now your phone should be locked again.
Unlock it by using Ziphone 3.0
Sync with itunes to get your songs,contacts etc back


PS: Before doing restore do take a backup of the pics in the camera roll folder in your phone.

All The BEST
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 13:52   #497
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,191
Thanked: 2,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Download 1.1.4 firmware (you can search on google to get it)
Restore your iphone through Itues (by holding down the shift key and then pointing it to the dloaded firmware file)
Now your phone should be locked again.
Unlock it by using Ziphone 3.0
Sync with itunes to get your songs,contacts etc back


PS: Before doing restore do take a backup of the pics in the camera roll folder in your phone.

All The BEST
Aah ! Too much for a hassel...i'll stick with 1.1.1 its been very stable for me, added the summer board and few other apps i guess its not much diff from 1.1.4 now.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 14:17   #498
BHPian
 
viper_711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 346
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Is anyone using any software for adding ringtones to the Iphone????
I've used software called "ringtones" although it does work, but also have some known issues like > phone rings even in the silent mode and also vibrator does not work after installing this software.

Can anyone suggest a software or a way to put ringtones in the phone.
I am using 1.1.4 firmware.
I use I-ringer for ringtones - works fine with 1.1.4
shows some irritating ads but its free!
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 15:09   #499
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 683
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
I use I-ringer for ringtones - works fine with 1.1.4
shows some irritating ads but its free!
Is it there in installer or do i have to specify a new source???


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Aah ! Too much for a hassel...i'll stick with 1.1.1 its been very stable for me, added the summer board and few other apps i guess its not much diff from 1.1.4 now.
Yeah, I would suggest you to wait for 2.0 which should be out next month and go directly to 2.0.

Last edited by revved_up : 20th May 2008 at 15:11.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 15:31   #500
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

its not that 2 will be launched and will be broken immediately.. it will be another few days by the time even Zibri gives a jailbreak. as he mentioned process remains teh same but file system changes for which he needs to rework on a few thing. so 2.0 launch + 15 days to 1 months is what we will have to wait for.
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2008, 22:54   #501
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Looks like a new release might be imminent. iPhone stocks are currently unavailable online on Apple online stores. I've been checking for a couple of days now. Could be a new release and they don't want to sell the old ones now.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 10:26   #502
BHPian
 
torqueunlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 320
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

The new 3G iPhone is going to be thicker than the current one.

iClarified - Apple News - 3G iPhone Case Unveiled?

The above link has the pics of the cases for the new iPhone in which we can see the new one being slightly thicker.
torqueunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 10:49   #503
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 683
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Is anyone using any software for adding ringtones to the Iphone????
I've used software called "ringtones" although it does work, but also have some known issues like > phone rings even in the silent mode and also vibrator does not work after installing this software.

Can anyone suggest a software or a way to put ringtones in the phone.
I am using 1.1.4 firmware.
Ok I managed to get the ringtones in the phone now.
Used a software caled Iphone Ringtone Maker Ver:2.5, works nicely.
The earlier version did not work with itunes 7.6 , but this one does!!
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 11:21   #504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 100
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Looks like it will be. The new 3G and GPS (if included) should add to the bulk and need bigger battery.

The launch anyway seems to be set for June 9th. Lets wait and see how it goes.
Sks_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 11:49   #505
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,547
Thanked: 766 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default

I wonder how Nokia's touch based phone will compare against iPhone. Should be better in multimedia than iPhone.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 13:19   #506
BHPian
 
srijit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 594
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

One year after the 1st gen iPhone launch. Nokia needs to have something spectacular
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 13:35   #507
BHPian
 
srijit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 594
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Looks like a new release might be imminent. iPhone stocks are currently unavailable online on Apple online stores. I've been checking for a couple of days now. Could be a new release and they don't want to sell the old ones now.
they seem to be waiting out the 14 day return period, before launching the new phone
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 13:49   #508
BHPian
 
viper_711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 346
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Is it there in installer or do i have to specify a new source???
You can google for it - installs on your computer and automatically puts the ringtone into your i-tunes ringtone folder - sync your phone and you are ready to use the ringtone!
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 14:37   #509
BHPian
 
rajismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 515
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

NEWS:
iPhone 3G Launch Date Confirmed
We all suspected it, but now it is confirmed: someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch has told that Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th. The second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch, and not at year's end, as previously thought. The new model will also herald new sales policies in some countries.
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 11:16   #510
BHPian
 
smokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: delhi/gurgaon
Posts: 280
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Is anyone using any software for adding ringtones to the Iphone????
I've used software called "ringtones" although it does work, but also have some known issues like > phone rings even in the silent mode and also vibrator does not work after installing this software.

Can anyone suggest a software or a way to put ringtones in the phone.
I am using 1.1.4 firmware.

if you are at 1.1.4 the itunes can help you out in getting the ringtones in your iphone!!

All you have to do is to get the ring tone as mp3 (search switch on google it's a freeware)
convert it into aiff file using switch then change the extension file to m4a and then open itunes and add the tone in ring tone library of itunes and sync the iphone with it!!

N you will get the tones in your iphone under sounds>ring tones>custom

But this way you can get just 5 tones at a time !

But i must say it's safe to get the things worked by company style





Quote:
its not that 2 will be launched and will be broken immediately.. it will be another few days by the time even Zibri gives a jailbreak. as he mentioned process remains teh same but file system changes for which he needs to rework on a few thing. so 2.0 launch + 15 days to 1 months is what we will have to wait for.
If u saty in news then you must know that 2.0 is unlock able you can use 2.0 now but no installer is there !!!

search for winpwn on google if you are at windows or PWNED on MAC!!!



Quote:
rajismine


NEWS:
iPhone 3G Launch Date Confirmed
We all suspected it, but now it is confirmed: someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch has told that Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th. The second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch, and not at year's end, as previously thought. The new model will also herald new sales policies in some countries.
yupp the phone is launching on 9th june but not here !!!

It will be launched in September both by airtel and vodafone under their contract !!

and i assume the price will be around 25k !!

So indians still have to wait for another 4-5 months !!

or get a iphone and unlock it and use it with any service provider like i am doing!!!!
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks