Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 09:12   #5851
Newbie
 
Surfeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Mac only and also with iPads in USA
Thanks... I queried with the Reliance Digital (iStore) and they confirmed that a 6% discount can be availed by students. I wonder if the discount varies for different vendors!
Surfeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 09:48   #5852
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,104
Thanked: 811 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfeus View Post

Thanks... I queried with the Reliance Digital (iStore) and they confirmed that a 6% discount can be availed by students. I wonder if the discount varies for different vendors!
This discount would be on MRP. But the iPhone 5 is already available at 41-42k in the market with warranty and bill. Similar is the case with the older iPhones, are available at a price much lower than than MRP.
So the student discount doesn't make much of a difference.
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 13:17   #5853
bhp
BHPian
 
bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: lokhandwala mumbai
Posts: 833
Thanked: 149 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thanks guys but these are all really bulky options. I usually never use covers with my phones but the sides of the iphone5 show scratches very easily hence i have to get one. Any other options that don't add much bulk on the phone?

Have a look at casemachine.com. They have a i5 slimline case which isnt too bulky and looks nice with the carbon fiber backplate.
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 13:38   #5854
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 1,900 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Have a look at casemachine.com. They have a i5 slimline case which isnt too bulky and looks nice with the carbon fiber backplate.
I got this last night http://www.capdase.com/minisite/ipho...c3=344&id=2130
Paid 2550rs. Pretty happy with it, sturdy and slim
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 15:08   #5855
Newbie
 
Surfeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
This discount would be on MRP. But the iPhone 5 is already available at 41-42k in the market with warranty and bill. Similar is the case with the older iPhones, are available at a price much lower than than MRP.
So the student discount doesn't make much of a difference.
You are right, I remember one site which offers 5% if you shop between 10PM--6AM... but the deal is good for iMac...
Surfeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 08:11   #5856
BHPian
 
sa_kiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 513
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

How Apple gets all the good apps? - http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB100...?mg=reno64-wsj
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 08:48   #5857
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,334
Thanked: 3,834 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
How Apple gets all the good apps? - http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB100...?mg=reno64-wsj
Link says PAGE UNAVAILABLE. The document you requested either no longer exists or is not currently available.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 09:22   #5858
BHPian
 
sa_kiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 513
Thanked: 160 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Link says PAGE UNAVAILABLE. The document you requested either no longer exists or is not currently available.
Here is the desktop version of the link - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...893015710.html
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 10:35   #5859
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,515 Times
Default

From a week or so I've noticed that when I pair my iPhone with my car audio I don't get the call log or the contacts. It used to work earlier.

Anybody else face this problem?
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 21:21   #5860
BHPian
 
anmolbedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 58
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
From a week or so I've noticed that when I pair my iPhone with my car audio I don't get the call log or the contacts. It used to work earlier.

Anybody else face this problem?
This is version compatibility issue between bluetooth devices. Faced similar issue in my vista bluetooth with iPhone 5 and nexus 4. Both work perfectly on Motorola external bluetooth speakerphone T325.
anmolbedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 00:09   #5861
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,515 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post

This is version compatibility issue between bluetooth devices. Faced similar issue in my vista bluetooth with iPhone 5 and nexus 4. Both work perfectly on Motorola external bluetooth speakerphone T325.
But mine was working fine until the upgrade; don't know if it was 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 that screwed it!
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 00:40   #5862
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Has anyone noticed keyboard shortcuts not working after the last upgrade? They used to work perfectly fine for me earlier. The issue is intermittent though.
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 20:29   #5863
BANNED
 
Kool_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 165
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Hi All,

I need know about any free software which will convert the VCD and DVD to Iphone MP4. please suggest.

i know some but are either water marked or do not work.

Regards,
Gaurav
Kool_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 20:38   #5864
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,350
Thanked: 8,167 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I need know about any free software which will convert the VCD and DVD to Iphone MP4. please suggest.
Handbrake is one which would work. Been using it for some times. Works well.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 22:46   #5865
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 160
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: The iPhone Thread

Another one I know is Kigo converter

Works like a breeze
saildrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks