Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:23   #6571
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,493 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

I keep hearing this 13K price break upon exchanging IP4 for IP5c. My wife has a 3 year old IP4. So I decided to check the price of IP5c and came back fuming. I can almost buy two Lumia phones for that price while keeping the IP4. The IP5c is supposedly the cheapo version. The iPhone prices just don't make sense to me.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:07   #6572
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hibbing, MN
Posts: 73
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
All these are USA CDMA handsets heavily subsidized by the carriers. Will be hell of a task to get them working here and that too only with Indian CDMA companies. All in all the handsets are of no use to us here unless someone can get'em programmed for voice and data for Reliance or TATA CDMA.
Actually all Iphones from the US will work on GSM even tho they are CDMA cause they are global phones. I am using the Verizon Iphone 5(CDMA) on vodafone. and link of the first phone is for AT&T which is GSM

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1637205
Diamond_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:22   #6573
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,514 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I keep hearing this 13K price break upon exchanging IP4 for IP5c. My wife has a 3 year old IP4. So I decided to check the price of IP5c and came back fuming. I can almost buy two Lumia phones for that price while keeping the IP4. The IP5c is supposedly the cheapo version. The iPhone prices just don't make sense to me.
It's not the el cheapo version; it's the colour version minus the fingerprint sensor for the NSA

Btw, I check at Imagine store and they said that the exchange price is 7k change for the iPhone 4 8GB model and 9k change for the 16GB version (with all the box and accessories). The iPhone 5c 16GB is 41,900/-.

How come Redington is giving minimum 13k for iPhone 4?
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 14:04   #6574
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

As per the current scenario, which one would be apt. Buying a 4S 8GB or 5C ? Is there any buy back to get 4S ?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 14:17   #6575
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
As per the current scenario, which one would be apt. Buying a 4S 8GB or 5C ? Is there any buy back to get 4S ?
I will suggest Iphone 5c. As it is Iphone 5 in plastic body. It is faster than 4s and has a bigger screen.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 15:35   #6576
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I will suggest Iphone 5c. As it is Iphone 5 in plastic body. It is faster than 4s and has a bigger screen.
Ok. I have the S3 and Lumia 720. Will any of them be accepted for a buy back, if yes, how much I can expect. Is this offer available only in the Apple stores or any retails like croma, RD et al.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 17:24   #6577
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Ok. I have the S3 and Lumia 720. Will any of them be accepted for a buy back, if yes, how much I can expect. Is this offer available only in the Apple stores or any retails like croma, RD et al.
Yes Galaxy S3 is listed in the list of devices for buyback scheme. Money you will get on the basis od condition etc. I think it should be available at retail outlets also.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 21:44   #6578
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes Galaxy S3 is listed in the list of devices for buyback scheme. Money you will get on the basis od condition etc. I think it should be available at retail outlets also.
Bought the iPhone 5C from Croma. Exchanged with S3 which went for 16k
The phone is very bad in its looks, so 16k was like a ice in cake.
Took much time to select the color. Impressed on Green, but unfortunately it was not available in any of their stores or warehouse. Finally selected the brick color, mainly because, rest all colors are available in the Lumia. Yet to open the case and enjoy it.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 21:46   #6579
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Bought the iPhone 5C from Croma. Exchanged with S3 which went for 16k
The phone is very bad in its looks, so 16k was like a ice in cake.
Took much time to select the color. Impressed on Green, but unfortunately it was not available in any of their stores or warehouse. Finally selected the brick color, mainly because, rest all colors are available in the Lumia. Yet to open the case and enjoy it.
Congrats on your new purchase. You will definitely enjoy it.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 22:10   #6580
BHPian
 
trumpcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 91
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Bought the iPhone 5C from Croma. Exchanged with S3 which went for 16k
The phone is very bad in its looks, so 16k was like a ice in cake.
Took much time to select the color. Impressed on Green, but unfortunately it was not available in any of their stores or warehouse. Finally selected the brick color, mainly because, rest all colors are available in the Lumia. Yet to open the case and enjoy it.
Congrats bro! Do tell us about your initial impressions about the phone and post some pics .
trumpcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 22:20   #6581
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,493 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Bought the iPhone 5C from Croma. Exchanged with S3 which went for 16k
The phone is very bad in its looks, so 16k was like a ice in cake.
You mean icing on the cake. Anyway, what do you mean phone is very bad in looks, why did you buy then?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 22:32   #6582
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You mean icing on the cake. Anyway, what do you mean phone is very bad in looks, why did you buy then?
He means to say that S3 was not in good condition.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 08:44   #6583
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. You will definitely enjoy it.
I came from Androids and the new refreshing look of iOS, new features are a refresher. And holding a premium model feels me contended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Congrats bro! Do tell us about your initial impressions about the phone and post some pics .
The iPhone 5C is unusually packed in iPod like case, with a plastic sheet wrapped the case. This sheet itself looks like the S Case of Samsungs. Not sure if this is intentional.
Apple is all about KISS. Open the case, you can find the phone neatly tucked in a plastic container, beneath that the 3-4 flyers and 2 Apple logo stickers.
Lightning cable, ultra sleek charger unit and the ear pod. The flyer also houses the sim ejection tool.
The phone itself looks very narrow, due to the lightly side bulk of the plastic.
The plastic used doesnt look cheap, they are glossy and sturdy. But proper precaution to be taken to keep it scratch free. A case is highly recommended.
I came from 3GS, so iOS 7 UI is very fresh. Just started to download all necessary apps and till now, feel the phone still has a premium look and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You mean icing on the cake. Anyway, what do you mean phone is very bad in looks, why did you buy then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
He means to say that S3 was not in good condition.
Yes, I meant about the S3. For some reason, the back panel was not that good looking and the side aluminium lining color started to peel off. I came across a ad which was selling used S3 for 8k. So this 16k is a huge relief and we immediately took the decision. They were even willing to take my 720 for 12k, so this buy back is too good. I am a happy fella to be back in the iPhone family.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:35   #6584
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

I was not looking at upgrading, but got a nice offer of 12.5K for my 3 year old iphone 4.

Got the 5s. Nice phone. Fast, great cam with some tricks. Love the touch ID. Saves time bypassing the number lock, but secure. Better audio, and as usual excellent build quality.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:47   #6585
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Congrats on your new purchase. You got your iPhone exchanged?
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks