Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 18:03   #6586
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,824
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. You got your iPhone exchanged?
Sort of. They brought it and billed 5s at full price. I saw an offer for 5c, which said min 13K for iphone 4 and 5% cash back on citibank.

Does anyone have experience with insurance policy on cell phones? Can we really claim it or is it con job. Sounded real since assured by New India Assurance.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 18:06   #6587
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 504 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Got the Apple Iphone 5s case.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1056
Size:  83.6 KB
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 12:45   #6588
Senior - BHPian
 
parrys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 1,242
Thanked: 5,668 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Got the Apple Iphone 5s case.

Attachment 1171479
Was this purchased online?
Link and price please.
parrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 22:17   #6589
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulkool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 504 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Was this purchased online?
Link and price please.
No got it locally, not available anywhere including apple retail shops. All are asking 1 week every time I asked. Strangely found it in one mobile accessories shop and it's official apple india import.

Price was same as apple announced earlier 3.2k
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 08:44   #6590
BHPian
 
sa_kiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 513
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Apple has more iPhone 5s handsets built each day than the Moto X sold in over one month - http://bgr.com/2013/11/27/iphone-5s-production-foxconn/
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 08:44   #6591
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 660
Thanked: 776 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
How much does the iPhone 5s 24k gold edition cost. It's a limited edition. I'm not talking about the regular gold colour.
Dont know if your still searching but anyways:
The cost is around 1,07,000rs for 16gb.My friend saw this piece at the apple service centre in oshiwara.
You also get a certificate for the gold plating.
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:59   #6592
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 494
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

When searching for a iP5c case, couldnt find any Capdase. All the ones available are the Belkin. For some reason, there arent much options for iP5c. Finally got hold of one from Amazon and got it delivered today. Its not a transparent one, but a soft jacket. My iP5c is complete. With this case, I got a pouch, stand and screenguard. I am always against these, but is the fluidic touch gets affected by the screen guard ?
One more issue, the music volume from the ear pods are not up to my satisfaction. I am used to the in-ear ones and this peculiar design doesnt keep the outside noise cancelled.
Any ways to increase the volume ? Or any alternate music players which can increase the volume ?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 00:27   #6593
BHPian
 
sbkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Dont know if your still searching but anyways:
The cost is around 1,07,000rs for 16gb.My friend saw this piece at the apple service centre in oshiwara.
You also get a certificate for the gold plating.
Are you sure there was a limited edition Gold coated from Apple? I tried looking up on the web, couldn't get details of any such phone.
sbkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:21   #6594
BHPian
 
azeemhafiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 281
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Are you sure there was a limited edition Gold coated from Apple? I tried looking up on the web, couldn't get details of any such phone.
I don't think its made by Apple, I know a couple of 'after-market' modifiers who get these done.

The only limited edition products I know Apple makes are product (RED). These are auction at an unbelievable price. For instance, the MacPro sold for $977,000
azeemhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:31   #6595
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 625
Thanked: 399 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
I don't think its made by Apple, I know a couple of 'after-market' modifiers who get these done.

The only limited edition products I know Apple makes are product (RED).
Correct me if I am wrong Azeem sir but I don't think all "product RED" apple products are auctioned. For eg. one of my friend had the ipod Nano (Product Red). As far as I remember it was available at the same price as other colors (or else it was just a lil more, not much).

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 02:01   #6596
BHPian
 
azeemhafiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 281
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Are you sure there was a limited edition Gold coated from Apple? I tried looking up on the web, couldn't get details of any such phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Correct me if I am wrong Azeem sir but I don't think all "product RED" apple products are auctioned. For eg. one of my friend had the ipod Nano (Product Red). As far as I remember it was available at the same price as other colors (or else it was just a lil more, not much).

-Bhargav
Hi Bhargav,

Right there are various products that are dedicated to (RED) can be purchased most common of them are RED covers and casing available for iPhones and iPads. (RED) is basically a brand licensed to private companies to raise funds and awareness to eliminate HIV/AIDS in Africa.

More can be read at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(RED)

Jonathan Ive and a few other designers come together once a year to design a few items that are auctioned. The funds that are raised goes towards (RED). In this years auction, the following notable Jonathan Ive's design was present.
Mac Pro - $977,000
Gold EarPods - $461,000
Leica Digital Rangefinder Camera - $1,805,000
"The (RED) Desk," which was sold for $1,685,000.

Impressive, eh?
azeemhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:11   #6597
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
One more issue, the music volume from the ear pods are not up to my satisfaction. I am used to the in-ear ones and this peculiar design doesnt keep the outside noise cancelled.
Any ways to increase the volume ? Or any alternate music players which can increase the volume ?
For in-ear listeners only other substitute is over the ear to have a good seal. You may try to enhance the volume by increasing the volume for each song using iTunes song properties, regulate the right EQ for best listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
(RED) is basically a brand licensed to private companies to raise funds and awareness to eliminate HIV/AIDS in Africa.
I have always been buying (RED) from Apple and it is for a great cause and legit NGOs. Thumbs up to the initiative.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:14   #6598
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 494
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
For in-ear listeners only other substitute is over the ear to have a good seal. You may try to enhance the volume by increasing the volume for each song using iTunes song properties, regulate the right EQ for best listening.
That sure is the best solution. Will definitely do it. Moreover, I personally feel "Flat" EQ has more sound than others.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 17:14   #6599
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
That sure is the best solution. Will definitely do it. Moreover, I personally feel "Flat" EQ has more sound than others.
Small Speakers to me looks a better solution where the intelligent algorithm behind tweaks the sound for better audio. Try and let me know. Thanks!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 21:08   #6600
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 494
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Small Speakers to me looks a better solution where the intelligent algorithm behind tweaks the sound for better audio. Try and let me know. Thanks!
Does the ear pod has a run-in period. Because all of a sudden, I can hear good bass out of it. I am a bit satisfied now, but the pain is, the new design of it for some reason doesnt perfectly fit in my left ear.

Yesterday when I was syncing my phone with iTunes, got a pop up stating there is a carrier settings update. I accepted and then on, other parties are not able to hear my voice over call. They say its very feeble. Is there a fix for this? If not, how to revoke the update? Has anybody else faced/facing this issue?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks