Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 04:45   #6886
BHPian
 
Gokrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai and AR
Posts: 288
Thanked: 155 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
@Gokrish- I have a PIN lock on my phone screen. I tried many ways out of frustration but the screen was unresponsive in such a situation. Will try out your suggestion. Somehow the problem hasn't cropped up today.

@jaaz- I am running on 7.1.2. IIRC the problem wasn't there in 7.1.1. I guess it has resurfaced recently. Lets hope it gets sorted out soon. The only saving grace is the boot time is far less than my previous Android phone.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
This might be due to slow response of the the keys. If the above suggestion worked, do a reset of keyboard under Settings-General-Reset
Gokrish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 13:15   #6887
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

From past few weeks, my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above. Any suggestions to overcome this issue ?
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 18:39   #6888
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,008
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above
Most likely your battery is gone , If your iphone 5 was from early lot and you are eligible for sleep button recall you can probably get a fresh one else you will have to buy a new battery
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 20:38   #6889
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most likely your battery is gone , If your iphone 5 was from early lot and you are eligible for sleep button recall you can probably get a fresh one else you will have to buy a new battery
Thanks buddy, It was bought in Dec 2012, out of warranty now, can I still get the new one ? Regarding battery I spoke to iService at Kormanagala Bangalore, They are quoting 2.5k for the brand new one, how to check if it original Apple product ?
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 20:41   #6890
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai - Pune
Posts: 136
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
From past few weeks, my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above. Any suggestions to overcome this issue ?
By any chance, is your iPhone jailbroken ? If yes then I suggest you install BatteryDetective or BatteryLife from Cydia. It will give you some very precise details like what is the actually mAh capacity vis-a-vis the factory capacity. Other details like what is the battery drain and how many cycles the battery has done. You will get these.
My brother complained similarly with his 4S and since his was jailbroken, I installed the app from cydia. It showed that his phone's battery was actually now around 900 mAh (factory capacity is 1430 mAh). We replaced his battery and now it is like 1250 mAh (bought a cheap one from ebay).
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 20:43   #6891
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,008
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
It was bought in Dec 2012, out of warranty now
Check this link if your phone qualifies for recall , warranty has nothing to do with this recall

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

If not then better get new battery from Apple Retailer only - it's about $ 80 so 2,5 K looks cheap - maybe you are not getting genuine stuff

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136573
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 20:55   #6892
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Check this link if your phone qualifies for recall , warranty has nothing to do with this recall

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

If not then better get new battery from Apple Retailer only - it's about $ 80 so 2,5 K looks cheap - maybe you are not getting genuine stuff

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136573
Thanks Again Mate, My phone does qualify for the recall. I'll take to the authorised service center tomorrow. If that doesnt fix the issue, I'll replace the battery from the Authorised fellow.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 21:08   #6893
BHPian
 
torque!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 95
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
From past few weeks, my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above. Any suggestions to overcome this issue ?

You need to 'reset' your battery. Allow your phone to drain down completely and shut down on its own. Charge back to 100% in one go. Doing it in one go is important. Use your phone without charging it till it shuts downs on again. Repeat the full charge procedure. You may have to do this a few time and then your iphone will start reporting the battery percentage accurately.
torque!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 21:16   #6894
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,008
Thanked: 2,468 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
My phone does qualify for the recall. I'll take to the authorised service center tomorrow

No need to discuss any battery thing with service center just ask them that you have troubles in the button occasionally , if you are lucky you should get a new Iphone in 7-10 days !!
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 22:01   #6895
BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 855
Thanked: 4,578 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

I logged in using the Team Bhp App in my iphone5. But am unable to log out from it. I cant find the log out / sign out option. The problem is when ever am not online even then its showing the green dot in my profile. Please help!!!
Samba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 22:28   #6896
BHPian
 
vindrider2626's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 119
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have been facing a recurring problem with my IP5 since I upgraded to iOS7. The phone hangs while the screen was locked. The usual pattern of occurrence is when the phone is kept in the pocket for long or while it is charging. I can decipher that it has got something to do with heating, probably. Till iOS 7.1, I could pull up the shortcut screen and pull down the notification screen but now, after 7.1.1 even that is not possible.
The only solution is to reboot the phone or if I received a call. Receiving the call 'activates' the screen.


Off-late, I am facing this problem quite often, sometimes even more than once in a day and it is spoiling the whole purpose of the phone. Has any one been facing this problem?
I have been experiencing the same problem recently,read in the apple forums that, activating siri and making a call request and then cancelling it will again unfreeze the lock screen,It has worked for me ,until they find the bug i think this is the best option.Even at the time the lock screen is frozen, if you press the home button ,siri gets activated.Hope this helps.
vindrider2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 00:10   #6897
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,139
Thanked: 744 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
This might be due to slow response of the the keys. If the above suggestion worked, do a reset of keyboard under Settings-General-Reset

The problem recurred tonight and sadly, your solution didn't work. The screen was totally non-responsive. I have removed the PIN lock now and will check if it helps in any way.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
ashis89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 00:17   #6898
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,139
Thanked: 744 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
I have been experiencing ........Even at the time the lock screen is frozen, if you press the home button ,siri gets activated.Hope this helps.

Yes the trick work but then again I was trying to find a proper solution to the problem. Even if you receive an incoming call while your screen is frozen, the screen gets activated and the phone is back to normal.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
ashis89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 10:07   #6899
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mumbai - Pune
Posts: 136
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes the trick work but then again I was trying to find a proper solution to the problem. Even if you receive an incoming call while your screen is frozen, the screen gets activated and the phone is back to normal.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

As a last resort, I would suggest you to restore your iPhone using iTunes once and see if it fixes the problems.
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 19:42   #6900
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
You need to 'reset' your battery. Allow your phone to drain down completely and shut down on its own. Charge back to 100% in one go. Doing it in one go is important. Use your phone without charging it till it shuts downs on again. Repeat the full charge procedure. You may have to do this a few time and then your iphone will start reporting the battery percentage accurately.
Thanks Buddy, I had tried this a few times and that didnt work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
No need to discuss any battery thing with service center just ask them that you have troubles in the button occasionally , if you are lucky you should get a new Iphone in 7-10 days !!
Sure thing buddy, I gave my phone to the apple service center today. Told him the issue is with power button since last 2-3 mnths, he accepted it for replacement/service, no questions asked except if the phone was bought in India or not. Fingers crossed for new iPhone.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks