Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 21:54   #6961
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408983791.282531.jpg. I am loving this battery back up
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 17:48   #6962
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Dear iMates!

Is Apple iStore is the only way of getting free apps for an iphone that is not jail broken? If not, can please someone share some website names for downloading free apps for IOS 7.

Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 18:01   #6963
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Dear iMates!

Is Apple iStore is the only way of getting free apps for an iphone that is not jail broken? If not, can please someone share some website names for downloading free apps for IOS 7.

Thanks,
Saket
Yes Apple store is the only way of getting apps on your iPhone. Unlike android, apple doesn't allows downloading apps from other websites. Hope this helps.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 18:06   #6964
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes Apple store is the only way of getting apps on your iPhone. Unlike android, apple doesn't allows downloading apps from other websites. Hope this helps.
More than helps! Thanks. Would like to ask one more question: Can I use another sim than what I will be using later (since it has not arrived from my provider) to activate my factory unlocked iPhone? I read somewhere that the number gets associated with the phone hence after activation, we need to delete the traces of the number from the phone. Kindly elaborate.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 18:23   #6965
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
More than helps! Thanks. Would like to ask one more question: Can I use another sim than what I will be using later (since it has not arrived from my provider) to activate my factory unlocked iPhone? I read somewhere that the number gets associated with the phone hence after activation, we need to delete the traces of the number from the phone. Kindly elaborate.
Yes of course. Since your iPhone is factory unlocked no problem in using any sim. You use the sim for the time being till the sim that you will be using arrives from your service provider. And there is nothing like number getting associated with iPhone etc. Just chill.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 18:26   #6966
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes of course. Since your iPhone is factory unlocked no problem in using any sim. You use the sim for the time being till the sim that you will be using arrives from your service provider. And there is nothing like number getting associated with iPhone etc. Just chill.
Thank you so much! Else, you know it would have been a tough wait.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 05:56   #6967
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thank you so much! Else, you know it would have been a tough wait.
So have you purchased iPhone 4S? If yes then congrats on your new purchase.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 10:05   #6968
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
So have you purchased iPhone 4S? If yes then congrats on your new purchase.
Yes man! Got the 4s. Thanks a lot for your wishes and of course, the kind help.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 12:52   #6969
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Anyone using NightCap Pro app on their idevice? How good (or bad) it functions? It is for 120 bucks on the app store.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 16:56   #6970
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dehra Dun
Posts: 71
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone using NightCap Pro app on their idevice? How good (or bad) it functions? It is for 120 bucks on the app store.
The app is pretty good, but do you really need it? I think if you have to take a night shot, then why not use flash? It is not worth the money. I bought it on an App of the day deal for free! And about that free apps thing. There is an app (only pc) 25pp. It does what you want without JB. But the entire application is in Chinese. Also I recommend JBing your phone, it is very cool. Oh, and if you do, download a theme called 'Aura'.
Cheers!
thebfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 17:04   #6971
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
The app is pretty good, but do you really need it? I think if you have to take a night shot, then why not use flash? It is not worth the money.
Yes, one can use flash to capture a subject which is closer, like in the flash range. Slowing down the shutter speed can help one take pictures of the entire surroundings even in low light where flash may not help. But may be will look around for a free solution, or wait for a lucky day like yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Also I recommend JBing your phone, it is very cool. Oh, and if you do, download a theme called 'Aura'.
Cheers!
3rd day of owning my first iPhone...this suggestion looks like a little scary proposition to me; at least for the warranty sake But may consider it in future since the possibilities are endless that way!

Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 18:12   #6972
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yes, one can use flash to capture a subject which is closer, like in the flash range. Slowing down the shutter speed can help one take pictures of the entire surroundings even in low light where flash may not help. But may be will look around for a free solution, or wait for a lucky day like yours!



3rd day of owning my first iPhone...this suggestion looks like a little scary proposition to me; at least for the warranty sake But may consider it in future since the possibilities are endless that way!

Thanks,
Saket
After sometime you should definitely jailbreak your iPhone. Many awesome apps and tweaks are available one you jailbreak your iPhone. Once you understand how jailbreak and it's tweaks work you will love it. I have also jail broken my iPhone.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 18:16   #6973
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,073
Thanked: 3,667 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
After sometime you should definitely jailbreak your iPhone. Many awesome apps and tweaks are available one you jailbreak your iPhone. Once you understand how jailbreak and it's tweaks work you will love it. I have also jail broken my iPhone.

I believe it voids the warranty; isn't it? But since it gives you the benefit of installing applications other than those in App store, it sounds mouth-watering.
Would like to ask about the process to jailbreak the phone (I hope we are not breaking TBHP rules by discussing this here as jailbreaking is legal in US). Can a user do it or I have to take help of professionals? Which software you would recommend? (*please clear your inbox*)

Thanks!
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 27th August 2014 at 18:22.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 20:49   #6974
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 447
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I believe it voids the warranty; isn't it? But since it gives you the benefit of installing applications other than those in App store, it sounds mouth-watering.
Would like to ask about the process to jailbreak the phone (I hope we are not breaking TBHP rules by discussing this here as jailbreaking is legal in US). Can a user do it or I have to take help of professionals? Which software you would recommend? (*please clear your inbox*)

Thanks!
Saket
You jailbreak using a aoftware. No need to take it to any professional. You can do it yourself. I jailbroke my iPhone by myself. And before iPhone when I was using android I had rooted my android phone as well. I have cleared my inbox.
HappyRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 21:58   #6975
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dehra Dun
Posts: 71
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

3rd day of owning my first iPhone...this suggestion looks like a little scary proposition to me; at least for the warranty sake But may consider it in future since the possibilities are endless that way!

Thanks,
Saket
About warranty, if you backup before JBing, then you can restore your iPhone to the non JB iOS 7, so you can still claim warranty. But I understand that concern, I was just as paranoid as you in the beginning, but don't worry you'll get over it. You can use Pangu to JB it
Cheers!
thebfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks