Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 15:27   #7201
BHPian
 
Amarendranath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 498
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post

- Switch off cellular data when in Wifi
- Switch of Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Wifi Networking
- Reset Network Setting (yet to do)
None of them work bro, all of them are temporary. And my cellular data is always turned off when on wifi and that didn't help either. I'm badly waiting for 8.0.3 or 8.1. Apple should fire whoever is responsible for this project. For the first time ever, starting from their live streaming of 6 to the IOS updates, they have managed to mess up everything.
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 16:04   #7202
Senior - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,311
Thanked: 1,042 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

I am facing an all new problem after updating my iP5 to iOS 8 (and it persists in 8.0.2). Several times in a day, whenever I press the Home/Power button to see the time/unlock the screen, I just get a grey screen with the top display bar (signal and battery info). I cannot see any other thing and the whole screen is unresponsive. Even I receive a call at that moment, I cannot see the caller nor can I see the End/Receive buttons. Naturally the call goes unanswered. I can use Siri to make calls (I can now see the details) but once I end them, again the grey blank screen welcomes me. The only remedy found till now is restart. But slowly I am losing patience restarting the phone 5-6 times daily.

Has anyone else faced this problem?

The iPhone Thread-img_66531.png
This is the screen for reference.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 20:37   #7203
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL
Posts: 920
Thanked: 1,061 Times
Default The iPhone Thread

I have the update downloaded in iTunes in my laptop but haven't updated phone from previous ver which is stable. After reading about the post update experience, I think it's wiser to hold back and wait till Apple sorts out the issue.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 30th September 2014 at 20:45.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 04:45   #7204
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,018
Thanked: 3,470 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I have the update downloaded in iTunes in my laptop but haven't updated phone from previous ver which is stable. After reading about the post update experience, I think it's wiser to hold back and wait till Apple sorts out the issue.
Good decision. The update downloaded onto my phone when i had kept it for charging, and as usual was connected to Wifi. I am yet to install the update, and would like to continue on the highly stable 7.1.1, which my phone is running, for now.

A friend has been complaining of excessive battery usage with the phone since the update to 8.0.2. Apple surely have a lot of stuff they need to look into.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 12:21   #7205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 688
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

A friend has been complaining of excessive battery usage with the phone since the update to 8.0.2. Apple surely have a lot of stuff they need to look into.
When I upgraded to iOS8, there was many application's notifications got enabled automatically. But after disabling all those manually the battery usage was really under control even with 3G data. While typing this, I am upgrading to 8.0.2, let me see how the performance afterwards.
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 12:25   #7206
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL
Posts: 920
Thanked: 1,061 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
When I upgraded to iOS8, there was many application's notifications got enabled automatically. But after disabling all those manually the battery usage was really under control even with 3G data. While typing this, I am upgrading to 8.0.2, let me see how the performance afterwards.

Looking forward to your post update experience. Do share how it goes.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 15:30   #7207
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,618 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Does Apple Care honor warranty for iphones purchased from Flipkart?
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 15:37   #7208
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,189
Thanked: 4,206 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Does Apple Care honor warranty for iphones purchased from Flipkart?
No problem with online sales for Apple. All products imported (& hence sold) by Apple India are honored for warranty in India.
saket77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 16:13   #7209
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

I upgraded to iOS 802. Team bhp app continues to shutdown on its own! Frustrating 😡
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 00:03   #7210
BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 680
Thanked: 404 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

I don't seem to be alone in with regard to minor glitches in iOS 8!

My iPhone 5 seems alright and I don't see any issues post ios 8. However, Apple replaced the battery in my phone, courtesy the iPhone 5 battery replacement program and I don't find any significant difference in the way the battery lasted earlier it now. I had no problems earlier with the battery life earlier as well and was surprised when the service centre folks told me that they we were going to replace the battery since it failed some tests.
So in case the battery is new, then the battery life should be significantly higher, which it isn't. So I'm a bit confused as to what Apple did.

Coming back to the iOS 8 glitches, my other work phone, an iPhone 4s has not taken it well and at times the phone just hangs while trying to unlock the phone. There are also frequent call failures. I'm thinking of showing it to the imagine guys.

A little disappointed with iOS 8 now.. It's just made apple's trademark reliability a little less!
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:54   #7211
BHPian
 
saleem_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 218
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Does Apple Care honor warranty for iphones purchased from Flipkart?
Hi Sandeep,

I bought my iPhone 5c from flipkart in Dec. 2013. Recently the phone's volume buttons stopped working and the phone was continuously vibrating on its own, which I later got to know was due to vibration motor issue. I took it to the authorized service center here in Baroda and after 4 days they replaced my phone stating they couldn't fix the problem and gave me a new handset. They didn't charge a single penny.

My new handset is working well till now without any issues (even after updating to ios 8 ) and I hope it will continue to.

So go ahead and purchase from flipkart without thinking twice about the warranty.

Regards,

Saleem.
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 06:28   #7212
BHPian
 
AZ911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I don't seem to be alone in with regard to minor glitches in iOS 8!

My iPhone 5 seems alright and I don't see any issues post ios 8. However, Apple replaced the battery in my phone, courtesy the iPhone 5 battery replacement program and I don't find any significant difference in the way the battery lasted earlier it now. I had no problems earlier with the battery life earlier as well and was surprised when the service centre folks told me that they we were going to replace the battery since it failed some tests.
So in case the battery is new, then the battery life should be significantly higher, which it isn't. So I'm a bit confused as to what Apple did.


Just curious. How much time did the service Center guys take to replace the battery? I have a iPhone 5 which I bought from US and it qualifies for this battery replacement program even when I check on apply India website. So, was wondering if mine could also be replaced here itself or not.
AZ911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:20   #7213
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 688
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Looking forward to your post update experience. Do share how it goes.
I am not able to figure out any difference after the upgrade.
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:55   #7214
BHPian
 
amanomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
I am not able to figure out any difference after the upgrade.

Nothing noticeable in 8.0.2 except you can access all photos folder now from third party apps like Whatsapp, etc.

The release was more for iPhone 6 users who were not getting any network after 8.0.1 release.
amanomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 13:54   #7215
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 403
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Just curious. How much time did the service Center guys take to replace the battery? I have a iPhone 5 which I bought from US and it qualifies for this battery replacement program even when I check on apply India website. So, was wondering if mine could also be replaced here itself or not.

Your phone maybe qualified while checking at Apple India website but then for battery replacement you should ship it to US on your own expense, I checked this with Apple US online chat. Please keep everyone posted if otherwise for the benefit of all members.
Cheers!
treadmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks