Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 18:55   #9391
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Pre ordered my iphone 7 plus 128gb jet black from Nyasa here in Mumbai, hoping to get it on 7th at 7PM.


Was a very tough decision to select the matt black or the Jet black, But the demand is highest for the jet black all over! Plus it looks amazing ! Was sold over on its look, Negatives? Ordered a transparent cover even before the phone has arrived.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 19:09   #9392
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 27
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

@Tanveer: Congrats! That's a great device. How much did you pay for it?
Also, Jet black is very prone to scratches and smudge marks. Do consider getting a good transparent case or something for it.
I have heard only good things about the dual camera setup on 7 plus from iphone and Apple subreddit threads.
RPM1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 20:26   #9393
BHPian
 
concorde24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Are you sure 16gb is going to be sufficient for you? The usable space will be around 11 gb.
Oh yeah, thanks for the question - I am aware of this limitation. I am planning to get a wireless HDD/Stick to mitigate the storage issue.
concorde24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 05:25   #9394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 209
Thanked: 412 Times
Default The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Pre ordered my iphone 7 plus 128gb jet black from Nyasa here in Mumbai, hoping to get it on 7th at 7PM.


Was a very tough decision to select the matt black or the Jet black, But the demand is highest for the jet black all over! Plus it looks amazing ! Was sold over on its look, Negatives? Ordered a transparent cover even before the phone has arrived.

Why don't you opt for the clear coat, as available on moutfitters.com?

Do check it out, it is the perfect product for the Jet Black. It will conserve the original look minus the damage.

Oh also will be availing the cash back offer by using a Citibank credit card. So will cost me ₹10,000 less eventually.


Mod Note : I am in no way associated to the aforementioned product or advertising it.
Just suggesting a brilliant product.

Last edited by akhil994 : 5th October 2016 at 05:27.
akhil994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 16:14   #9395
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
@Tanveer: Congrats! That's a great device. How much did you pay for it?
Also, Jet black is very prone to scratches and smudge marks. Do consider getting a good transparent case or something for it.
I have heard only good things about the dual camera setup on 7 plus from iphone and Apple subreddit threads.
Thanks man! 82,000 !

Yes its prone to scratches and smudge but i cant get over how amazing the phone looks, Plus have couple of ideas to keep it from getting scratches, Transparent covers, Glass covers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Why don't you opt for the clear coat, as available on moutfitters.com?

Do check it out, it is the perfect product for the Jet Black. It will conserve the original look minus the damage.

Oh also will be availing the cash back offer by using a Citibank credit card. So will cost me ₹10,000 less eventually.


Mod Note : I am in no way associated to the aforementioned product or advertising it.
Just suggesting a brilliant product.
Hey, Yes clear coat is what i was looking for, Would be perfect for the jet black.

Now the issue is i got a call from Nyasa saying jet black is out of stock and would arrive only after a month atleast, I have an option to select any of the old colors or the matt black if i want it on the 7th,

Unfortunately i am inclined to cancel it and get it from where its available, Though everywhere its out of stock, But i cant stay with a temporary phone for a month.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 19:36   #9396
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 209
Thanked: 412 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks man! 82,000 !



Yes its prone to scratches and smudge but i cant get over how amazing the phone looks, Plus have couple of ideas to keep it from getting scratches, Transparent covers, Glass covers etc.







Hey, Yes clear coat is what i was looking for, Would be perfect for the jet black.



Now the issue is i got a call from Nyasa saying jet black is out of stock and would arrive only after a month atleast, I have an option to select any of the old colors or the matt black if i want it on the 7th,



Unfortunately i am inclined to cancel it and get it from where its available, Though everywhere its out of stock, But i cant stay with a temporary phone for a month.

I was very surprised and wanted to mention the same. But could not edit the previous post.

The place where I booked the phone, I'm the second person in queue. He mentioned to me 3 days back, that Apple has sent a circular telling them not to book the jet black anymore.

But thankfully I will get it day after tomorrow only.
akhil994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 21:58   #9397
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 705
Thanked: 688 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Recently updated to IOS 10 on my iPhone 6. Overall the new OS seems OK.
I feel my battery life has gone up actually. Generally by the end of day my phone would be left to close to 20-25% battery. In the last 2 days I can easily see that around 30-35% battery is left.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 23:56   #9398
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
I have heard only good things about the dual camera setup on 7 plus from iphone and Apple subreddit threads.
It's an incremental improvement over the 6S, at best. The low light capability is a fair amount better but, overall, a minor improvement. The optical zoom is, obviously, hugely better than digitally zooming in to 2x on a 6S.

When the portrait mode software comes out later this month it might be a nice improvement.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 00:19   #9399
BHPian
 
GranvilleDsouza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 134 Times
Default The iPhone Thread

Got my iPhone 7 128GB booking done via Flipkart. No Citibank card for that 10k cash back. Just wanted to know, apart from the EMI's opted for do we have to pay additional service tax et al?
Not a credit card user usually, always been on debit

Also got a message saying will receive it on the 7th between 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
GranvilleDsouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 02:06   #9400
Senior - BHPian
 
kbk_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 343 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Got my iPhone 7 128GB booking done via Flipkart. No Citibank card for that 10k cash back. Just wanted to know, apart from the EMI's opted for do we have to pay additional service tax et al?
Not a credit card user usually, always been on debit

Also got a message saying will receive it on the 7th between 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
They should have factored all costs into the EMI.
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 07:46   #9401
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 776
Thanked: 687 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Saw somebody have this corner bumper on, looked very impressive & excellent protection too. Protect front & back with glass screens & use these for corners - original look preserved.

https://www.utomic.com/blogs/utomic-...ic-iphone-case
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 08:07   #9402
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 419
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Today being the last day of sale, I am thinking of getting an iphone. Should i go for 6s plus or 7?

P.S- I dont have a citibank credit card
sairamboko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 08:10   #9403
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I was very surprised and wanted to mention the same. But could not edit the previous post.

The place where I booked the phone, I'm the second person in queue. He mentioned to me 3 days back, that Apple has sent a circular telling them not to book the jet black anymore.

But thankfully I will get it day after tomorrow only.
Damm, Lucky you, I have decided to drop the idea of getting the jet black, Wont be available anytime soon + Have to handle it with care, Made me turn my decision towards the matt black 128Gb 7 plus which i would mostly get on 7th itself, Lets see fingers crossed.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 13:20   #9404
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,592
Thanked: 920 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Finally purchased an iphone 5s from snapdeal for 16.5 K after discounts. It's outdated , but none of the other iphones were within my budget. Wanted to try out the apple ecosystem from android. Another reason for buying was the camera that has good reviews.

Should I buy any accessories like a screen protector - for protecting from falls - and a grip ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 6th October 2016 at 13:23.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 14:29   #9405
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Finally purchased an iphone 5s from snapdeal for 16.5 K after discounts. It's outdated , but none of the other iphones were within my budget. Wanted to try out the apple ecosystem from android. Another reason for buying was the camera that has good reviews.

Should I buy any accessories like a screen protector - for protecting from falls - and a grip ?
Good call. I bought my 5s 3 months back after being with blackberry for a very long time. Wanted to feel the IOS eco system and trust me it is so very natural. You will not regret it. Suggest go for the tempered glass and if you can get a casemate back cover, it looks neat.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks