Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 21:24   #9706
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,162
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys. My sister purchased an iPhone from the states and she will be traveling to India and will be using it here.

Will she be getting a tax refund at the airport?
There is no system of tax refund there
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:31   #9707
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 840
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
There is no system of tax refund there

Thanks a lot Agam. An update on my phone. I have made a complete fool of myself. I did end up cleaning the charging port and now the phone works just fine. I am so relieved although I am a bit tempted to get the ip7 here in the states. But I will give it a pass this time. 😊
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 08:06   #9708
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Any good christmas deals in bangalore for iphone 6s or 7? My iphone 5 finally gave up on me and I am looking for a replacement.
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 11:06   #9709
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 411
Thanked: 312 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Any good christmas deals in bangalore for iphone 6s or 7? My iphone 5 finally gave up on me and I am looking for a replacement.
Citibank offering cashback of Rs.7000 for iphone 7. For 6s i believe its Rs.5000 and EMI cashback also there. If you are buying it from reliance digital, then you get a jio SIM with 1 year benefits - calls/sms/data totally free for an year.
sairamboko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 19:21   #9710
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

So I am trying to back up the iphone6s on to the iCloud and it is like a never ending process. Total data is 12 odd GB, I have 37GB left from my 50 Gb storage and after nearly 4 hours it is still showing about 11 hours remaining. What gives?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 19:32   #9711
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 840
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So I am trying to back up the iphone6s on to the iCloud and it is like a never ending process. Total data is 12 odd GB, I have 37GB left from my 50 Gb storage and after nearly 4 hours it is still showing about 11 hours remaining. What gives?

Keep it on charge overnight and it shall be okay. It does take a lot of time depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
P.S : I hope you are aware that it needs to be plugged in to charge for back up.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 07:26   #9712
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
There is no system of tax refund there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Thanks a lot Agam. An update on my phone. I have made a complete fool of myself. I did end up cleaning the charging port and now the phone works just fine. I am so relieved although I am a bit tempted to get the ip7 here in the states. But I will give it a pass this time. ��
Which state? The state of Texas has it. My friend bought an IPad and got a tax refund. All you need to show are the receipts and your home country passport.
http://www.taxfreetexas.com/default.aspx

Last edited by rakesh_r : 26th December 2016 at 07:30.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 12:27   #9713
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

I did plug it in but it seems the upload speed (barely 1Mbps) on the net connection is the culprit.

Have ordered a JIO wifi device that advertises an upload speed of 5Mbps minimum, will try again once I have the device activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Keep it on charge overnight and it shall be okay. It does take a lot of time depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
P.S : I hope you are aware that it needs to be plugged in to charge for back up.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 04:54   #9714
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 411
Thanked: 312 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

I am planning to sell my iphone 7 32 Gb matt black. I need a dual SIM mobile now which is unfortunately available in ios. Its 2 months old and has apple care protection plus. How much should i expect the selling price to be, in Bangalore?

Edit: the phone is in a flawless condition, no scratches/dents

Last edited by sairamboko : 27th December 2016 at 04:59.
sairamboko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 07:25   #9715
BHPian
 
Ruchir031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 69
Thanked: 170 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Edit: the phone is in a flawless condition, no scratches/dents

Expect it to be around 48-51k. Since a new one is already selling for 54k if you can get 50k for a month used, it'll be a great deal for you.
Ruchir031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 08:49   #9716
BHPian
 
concorde24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I am planning to sell my iphone 7 32 Gb matt black. I need a dual SIM mobile now which is unfortunately available in ios. Its 2 months old and has apple care protection plus. How much should i expect the selling price to be, in Bangalore?

Edit: the phone is in a flawless condition, no scratches/dents
Sairam,
I guess it is as painful as selling your couple of months old "new car". The better option for you to quote a price and reach seller via your company classifieds/Olx etc.

I have also heard CEX offers good price for IPhone, but try your luck - YMMV
https://in.webuy.com/stores/index.php
concorde24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 09:30   #9717
BHPian
 
kkkkkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 173
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I am planning to sell my iphone 7 32 Gb matt black. I need a dual SIM mobile now which is unfortunately available in ios. Its 2 months old and has apple care protection plus. How much should i expect the selling price to be, in Bangalore?

Edit: the phone is in a flawless condition, no scratches/dents

Put it up on olx. Price range of probably 50-55k considering you have the apple care +.
The price you sell for will get you an S7 Edge which is probably the best dual sim phone in the market.

Try some of the local brick and mortar stores too, some might agree to exchange with no additional cash.
kkkkkaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 09:45   #9718
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 411
Thanked: 312 Times
Default

Thank you all for your replies!! Still haven't made my mind to sell this beast , considering I will be making significant losses! Will keep you posted
sairamboko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 16:22   #9719
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 341
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you all for your replies!! Still haven't made my mind to sell this beast , considering I will be making significant losses! Will keep you posted
My suggestion is to buy a feature phone to use the 2nd sim. That is what I do . You can get one for 2500-3000, much lower than the hit you will take on your iPhone.
Or there is this yerha bluetooth phone, which connects to iPhone over BT. Do a google search for it.
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 09:01   #9720
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Citibank offering cashback of Rs.7000 for iphone 7. For 6s i believe its Rs.5000 and EMI cashback also there. If you are buying it from reliance digital, then you get a jio SIM with 1 year benefits - calls/sms/data totally free for an year.
Thanks Sairam. I checked the offers. They are for in-store purchases. EMI cashback is a good option - mimicking the Zero percent EMIs. Sounds like the manufacturer pays for the interest.

Flipkart and Amazon give better pricing and if you buy using SCB card and HDFC cards, there is additional 5-10% cashback. I am still evaluating options. I am now more inclined on iphone SE considering my budget.
chakri400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks