Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 12:47   #1261
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
i just picked up an iphone from Vodafone today..does Jailbreaking the phone voids the warranty?
And if something goes wrong, and you are unable to restore it. Claim ignorance when you go to a voda store. If they figure out you have jailbroken it, they will tell you that warranty is void as you messed around with the baseband.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 12:50   #1262
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

I am using BiteSMS for sms forwarding. Works like a charm .. and its FREE!!

There is also a program on iClarified to help resolve the cut'n paste issue!

Brilliant I say!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 12:54   #1263
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

BiteSMS is free? Sure? did you download this off xsellize on cydia? I thought BiteSMS is not free and there was a cracked version on cydia for this.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 13:06   #1264
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
BiteSMS is free? Sure? did you download this off xsellize on cydia? I thought BiteSMS is not free and there was a cracked version on cydia for this.

Yup its free. All one needs to do is to go to the setup - and ask it to "send via mobile carrier'' - and you are set!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:34   #1265
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Alright,

Will try it out. Thanks!
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:39   #1266
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Yup its free. All one needs to do is to go to the setup - and ask it to "send via mobile carrier'' - and you are set!
The latest update of BiteSMS makes it a trial version. I would advise against updating to the latest version.

Also, interested people can download easywriter from AppStore. This is free and after installing this app, you can use the horizontal keyboard for mail purposes. Replying to mails is a little tricky though.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:42   #1267
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
The latest update of BiteSMS makes it a trial version. I would advise against updating to the latest version.

Also, interested people can download easywriter from AppStore. This is free and after installing this app, you can use the horizontal keyboard for mail purposes. Replying to mails is a little tricky though.
Deepak,

The crack is already out on xsellize and demonoid. You can get that one and fix the app.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:43   #1268
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Deepak,

The crack is already out on xsellize and demonoid. You can get that one and fix the app.
Cool. Will try that one out then.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 16:16   #1269
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
The latest update of BiteSMS makes it a trial version. I would advise against updating to the latest version.
Is it? I installed this from Cydia less than 5 days back. Its working fine till now. Is there a notification of some sort that indicates if its a trial version? I cant find anything .
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 16:20   #1270
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

I will update you guys with the crack of BIteSMS 3.0 ( the latest version)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 16:54   #1271
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Abhinav,

I got it off the demonoid...but I havent installed it. It says install the licensed version and the replace bitesms.app with the cracked one using OpenSSH. Thats all.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 16:58   #1272
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

For Cracks
Its better to use xsellize than torrents or demonoid.
A friend's iphone had to be restored and jailbreaked and unlocked again due to demonoid's download.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 00:17   #1273
BHPian
 
johnda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tvla
Posts: 403
Thanked: 11 Times
Question

Thanks to the chaps on this thread, I'm also running BiteSMS and many other useful programs that's making my iPhone more relevant.
One small question with the Cut and Paste feature. when I touch the [123] I get the COPY PASTE STACK CLOSE bar now how do I copy a portion of the text? when i press copy it copies the whole body. can this be fixed? or am I missing something here?? LOL.
Please Help
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 10:26   #1274
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
For Cracks
Its better to use xsellize than torrents or demonoid.
A friend's iphone had to be restored and jailbreaked and unlocked again due to demonoid's download.
I got no Wi-fi and have to use EDGE, so I prefer to download it off demonoid. And most applications are available on Appulo, so I hardly use demonoid except for something like OpenSSH & Terminal. I could find some nice DVD rips for iphone from demonoid (Kungfu Panda is what I have downloaded so far).
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 10:42   #1275
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Thanks to the chaps on this thread, I'm also running BiteSMS and many other useful programs that's making my iPhone more relevant.
One small question with the Cut and Paste feature. when I touch the [123] I get the COPY PASTE STACK CLOSE bar now how do I copy a portion of the text? when i press copy it copies the whole body. can this be fixed? or am I missing something here?? LOL.
Please Help
Keep the screen pressed and move it over the portion you want to copy.
Then press copy. that should solve your problem.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks