Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 14:44   #1306
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,026
Thanked: 373 Times
Default

In western countries operators sell phones ( iphone included) at subsidy so to recover cost they are network locked. iPhone retail price in India is way above its MRP in USA so locked iPhone by Airtel or Vodafone in India is daylight robbery and some one must move to consumer court ASAP
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 16:18   #1307
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Problem again!

I downloaded a free app and synced it to iphone but it is not showing up on iphone :(
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 20:07   #1308
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

I just added iRealSMS from xSellize ... absolutely brilliant! Way better than BiteSMS IMHO - just everything one would want including spellcheck, character counter, templates , multiple views, and landscape mode!

Brilliant I say!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 20:16   #1309
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
yes - still nothing. Came to work today and it logged on flawlessly on the office wifi network.
The problem should lie in your router settings.
Did you try connecting any other device with WIFI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Problem again!

I downloaded a free app and synced it to iphone but it is not showing up on iphone :(
Any error coming up?
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 20:29   #1310
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
I just added iRealSMS from xSellize ... absolutely brilliant! Way better than BiteSMS IMHO - just everything one would want including spellcheck, character counter, templates , multiple views, and landscape mode!

Brilliant I say!
Downloaded from where??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 20:35   #1311
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

xSellize ( 20 Chars)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 20:50   #1312
BHPian
 
wads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Guys i jailbreaked my cousins iphone today to 2.2.1. Everything went smooth. Updated cydia etc too. Phone is working fine.

Installed cydia updates and those installicious, mobileinstallation patch too. Now when i sync cracked games with iphone they get synced in phone without any problem but when i try to open them it says "Application cannot be opened".

Any idea ?
Hey Abhibh,

can you tell me which software you used to jailbreak 2.2.1? i have winpawn but it doesnt help.
wads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 01:35   #1313
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Hey Abhibh,

can you tell me which software you used to jailbreak 2.2.1? i have winpawn but it doesnt help.
I used QuckPwn. Works like charm. Just follow the instructions on screen.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 01:39   #1314
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Any error coming up?
No error coming up. It just doesn't show it in iphone. Some apps show some doesn't.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 10:38   #1315
BHPian
 
srijit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 594
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
iPhone retail price in India is way above its MRP in USA so locked iPhone by Airtel or Vodafone in India is daylight robbery and some one must move to consumer court ASAP
By that logic, I can also sue Merc or Audi saying that their cars are priced cheaper in the UK.
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 18:06   #1316
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Then that app would not be supported by your firmware ( It seems)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 18:48   #1317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Question Iphone 2G vs 3G

Hi friends,
I am little confused and want your help !
I am currently using windows mobile but want to shift to Iphone. I also dont want to spend 29k on new iphone 3g, I have an offer from a person who is selling 2g for 13k which is in my budget.
Considering the fact that 3G affordability will not be there in our country for next 6-8 months, and I have wifi at home, should I go with this 2g as of now ?
I have an external GPS receiver which I dont know can be used with this 2g phone or not.
Please guide me !
saurabh159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 00:16   #1318
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

The 2g phone wont support any external gps.
It is good.
The features you will miss out would include but not restricted to ,

3g
GPS ( 2g only has maps)
Warranty.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 10:04   #1319
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The 2g phone wont support any external gps.
It is good.
The features you will miss out would include but not restricted to ,

3g
GPS ( 2g only has maps)
Warranty.
Thanks for your opinion!!!
I am getting the 2G phone in half price of what 3G would cost, I think its better to go with 2G as of now. May be 7-8 months later, I will purchase new one when 3G is available with affordability in India.
GPS is a major stuff but I can do without it for some time.
To be frank, I dont want to invest 30k on a phone as of now in this uncertain environment.
When I last checked, Google Maps was not providing navigational direction in India ?(Non voice). Is it available now on Iphone ?
saurabh159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:06   #1320
BHPian
 
HellwratH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Thanks for your opinion!!!
I am getting the 2G phone in half price of what 3G would cost, I think its better to go with 2G as of now. May be 7-8 months later, I will purchase new one when 3G is available with affordability in India.
GPS is a major stuff but I can do without it for some time.
To be frank, I dont want to invest 30k on a phone as of now in this uncertain environment.
When I last checked, Google Maps was not providing navigational direction in India ?(Non voice). Is it available now on Iphone ?
Go for it, if you don't need 3g as of now. EDGE on Airtel MO gives pretty decent speed, if you need and there are hell lot of applications there including the maps itself which uses the cellphone towers and map your location to an approximate position. And I find it ok for my use as I am not that much into GPS.
HellwratH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone - now $100 since Iphone 3G S (speed) launched D-Man Gadgets, Computers & Software 32 14th February 2010 18:11
Apple iPhone Launched!!! OMG, OMG!!! (EDIT: Feb 5th - New memory sizes) hydrashok Gadgets, Computers & Software 107 21st August 2008 14:33
this is completely insane - Guy waiting in line for iPhone for 5 days in NYC whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 20 1st July 2007 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks