Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 11:14   #286
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi,
I am looking for home ups solution. Following is what i got as offer so far
1) APC 850VA+Extrapower 120AH tubular (calcutta made) - 3yrs replacement warantee+free service once in 6 month+trolley - 11500

I am searching for other offers before I can finalize. Can someone tell me if the above offer is good.
Also what is the difference between SMF (sealed Maint Free) & tubular battery. I am going to keep the inverter+battery inside in living room. Thanks for help
SMF might be a better choice if you intend to house it in your living room.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 18:58   #287
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Hi,
I am looking for home ups solution. Following is what i got as offer so far
1) APC 850VA+Extrapower 120AH tubular (calcutta made) - 3yrs replacement warantee+free service once in 6 month+trolley - 11500

I am searching for other offers before I can finalize. Can someone tell me if the above offer is good.
Also what is the difference between SMF (sealed Maint Free) & tubular battery. I am going to keep the inverter+battery inside in living room. Thanks for help
Hey Gany

This looks like a good price. When i checked with one of the dealers in Bangalore he has quoted a price of Rs 13,800 for the same APC model and the same one in Pai International is priced at Rs 15,500. Can you please provide me the contact number of the dealer if its in Bangalore?
khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 21:00   #288
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Question Re: Inverter Batteries

I have got a quote of 6.5K for festolyte 120AH tubular battery with 3 years warranty. This is on exchange of my old prime battery. Is this a good deal?

Has anyone here using this brand, please let us know your thoughts.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 18:28   #289
BHPian
 
Chipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Trivandrum, Thrissur
Posts: 159
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I have got a quote of 6.5K for festolyte 120AH tubular battery with 3 years warranty. This is on exchange of my old prime battery. Is this a good deal?

Has anyone here using this brand, please let us know your thoughts.
You cannot get 120 ah tubular with 3 years warranty for 6.5 K even if it is on exchange. Stay away from such tricks. It might be an old stock, or it might not be even 100 ah.
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 19:21   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,143
Thanked: 992 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Getting 80AH Exide fully tubular batteries for 9.5k apiece. 5 year warranty. Good deal?

The stand for 20 such batteries is working out to INR 8000. Is that okay?

I got a buy back of 500 bucks for each old 40AH Amaron SMF battery. That works out to 10k.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 20:46   #291
BHPian
 
manim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 714
Thanked: 371 Times
Post Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Getting 80AH Exide fully tubular batteries for 9.5k apiece. 5 year warranty
Model number please?
I was quoted Rs.13,500 for Exide tubular 150ah, model:IT500, 3 years warranty.
manim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 22:01   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,143
Thanked: 992 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Model number please?
I was quoted Rs.13,500 for Exide tubular 150ah, model:IT500, 3 years warranty.
El series. This is the one which comes with a 5 year warranty.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 22:51   #293
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Question Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
You cannot get 120 ah tubular with 3 years warranty for 6.5 K even if it is on exchange. Stay away from such tricks. It might be an old stock, or it might not be even 100 ah.
Is there anyway one can verify whether the battery is not old stock and also the claim of the 120AH?
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 10:21   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,122
Thanked: 995 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there anyway one can verify whether the battery is not old stock and also the claim of the 120AH?
- Normally there is a date code on each battery, which will give the date of manufacture
- If it is Excide, then go to their site and find the particulars of each battery. Each capacity has a different weight and dimensions.

for list prices of Excide Store:&nbsp Inverter

for technical specifications .: EXIDE :. APPLICATION & PRODUCTS STAND BY each type has a link to technical details
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 10:34   #295
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Question Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
- Normally there is a date code on each battery, which will give the date of manufacture
- If it is Excide, then go to their site and find the particulars of each battery. Each capacity has a different weight and dimensions.

for list prices of Excide Store:&nbsp Inverter

for technical specifications .: EXIDE :. APPLICATION & PRODUCTS STAND BY each type has a link to technical details
All right. But how about for a local manufacturer? Would there be any telltale signs of it being an old stock?
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 11:06   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,122
Thanked: 995 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
All right. But how about for a local manufacturer? Would there be any telltale signs of it being an old stock?
Most of the "local manufacturers", that is people who used to manufacture the batteries in their work shop have stopped due to pollution clampdown. Others who have a license and make batteries in factories have to put date of manufacturing on the batteries. You have to search for it, usually it will be in a very small font at an obscure location.

Any way if you get a replacement warranty then there should be no problem. In fact if it is a two year old stock coming with two years warranty, and it lasts only one year, you get a replacement! Always try to get a full replacement and not proportionate replacement.

As the QC at large manufacturing enterprises is better, it is wiser to pay a premium and get better stuff, rather than hope for the best. Bad QC in battery manufacturing results in faster failure due to material dropping out of the plates and shorting the cell.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 12:39   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,143
Thanked: 992 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Model number please?
I was quoted Rs.13,500 for Exide tubular 150ah, model:IT500, 3 years warranty.
Its Exide EL Plus 80 AH. http://www.exide4u.com/exide/images/pdf/EL+Tubular.pdf
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 14:51   #298
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

I was looking around for some batteries for 2 of my inverters and this is the best I was quoted by a dealer.

Exide Invatubular IT 400 ( 110AH ) -10750/- with 4yrs warranty

Exide Invatubular IT 500 ( 150AH ) - 12600/- with 4yrs warranty.

Luminous ILT 18048 (150AH) - Rs 12500/- with 4yrs warranty.

Also getting some ExtraPower tubular batteries with 4yrs warranty for Rs 6000 (100ah).
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:46   #299
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Just bought a luminous 850va inverter with 150ah tall tubular battery plus trolley for 16500/-. The battery itself had been quoted at Rs 12000/- by other dealers.

Also got a quote of Rs 7750/- for a 120ah tubular batter from luminous itself with 30months warranty.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 15:13   #300
BHPian
 
Twiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Inverter Batteries

Planning to sell my 1500VA Inverter/2x 150AH Fully Tubular Battery setup, which is less than 3years old. Inverter/Batteries are INDEX Informatics(Cochin) make and are out of warranty now.

What would be a good price to get, considering all are in good working condition.
Twiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inverter or generator? mrhap Gadgets, Computers & Software 733 25th October 2017 18:29
Car Battery to 220V AC convertor / inverter for charging laptop etc sreeku In-Car Entertainment 163 25th September 2016 23:00
Myth: UPS can't run on inverter? linuxtechie Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 24th October 2008 15:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks