Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 4th October 2010, 00:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Touch wood, never faced an issue with my HD and never experienced the service in India. Hope it remains so even here.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 10:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey guys,
Been a long time since this thread's been updated.
I am thinking of buying the HD2 so just wish for the fellow members to share their experience with HTC.
Is the quality of service same as before or has it improved over time??
I would recommend to wait till Windows Phone 7 is released. I think the release will happen in about one or two months. HD3 is rumoured to be released with this OS and its specs are amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Touch wood, never faced an issue with my HD and never experienced the service in India. Hope it remains so even here.
My daughter broke the micro USB end of the charger. None of the HTC service centers had the USB to MicroUSB cable in stock (though they had chargers for other HTC phones). I bought this cable from road side vendor for Rs 150. I also have short USB to MicroUSB (Nokia CA 101D), which I bought on ebay for Rs 99 and I use this at office for connecting to my laptop & charging.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 11:26   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

I think in service there is always a strong local factor. I have heard that service of Nokia is bad as is that of Blackberry (from Reliance).
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 23:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same here, no issues with my almost 2 years old HTC Tytn II, great phone!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 13:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Thanks for all the advise. I purchased the HD2 yesterday for 26,500.00 from Delhi. (with bill)

Quote:
Thanks HappyWheels for sharing your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I would recommend to wait till Windows Phone 7 is released. I think the release will happen in about one or two months. HD3 is rumoured to be released with this OS and its specs are amazing.
Thanks Buddy. I have compared the features of the HD3 which is to be launched sometime later this year. The major differences/ changes that I have noticed between the two are
  • HD2 has an expandable memory whereas the HR3 has a fixed 8GB memore
  • HD3 offers video recording in 720p whereas the HD2 does 30fps
  • HD2 is windows mobile 6.5 whereas HD3 has Windows Mobile 7.0
Basis of the above is the THIS LINK

Apart from the above I haven't noticed anything far superior in the HD3 when compared to the HD2. The screen size, processor, camera, screen resolution, every thing's the same. Further I was more inclined towards the HD2 as the softwares that I want to install (GPS trackmaker, off-road navigation, and some other s/w's) on the HD2 are all windows 6.5 compatible.
Then another thought that comes to mind was that the HD3 will be launched for atleast 35-40k or higher. Someone told me the this is the range the HD2 was launched last year. I simply do not that that kind of a budget for a phone right now.
So the price that I paid, and the features that I am missing, I am comfortable with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think in service there is always a strong local factor. I have heard that service of Nokia is bad as is that of Blackberry (from Reliance).
Thanks for your opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Same here, no issues with my almost 2 years old HTC Tytn II, great phone!
Thanks buddy for sharing your opinion.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 13:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

HTC Service really sucks!

I had placed a order for Battery (for my HTC Tytn II) three weeks back & still have no clue about the battery!
Firstly, HTC India website mentions only the address of ASCs without contact nos! How ridiculous!
Somehow I manage to get the ASC contact nos through google search on net.
When I called HTC ASC (Ovez comm) first time for the Battery, they said it is not in stock, they will get it in 1 week - 10 days time.
Didn't hear from them for 2 weeks, so called them again, they said the shipment is on the way, will be available in 1 - 2 days & they will call me once it arrives.
Another week has gone by & am yet to recieve the call from ASC!

Product is good, but service is pathetic!
Have decided not to buy HTC again.

Last edited by finneyp : 30th October 2010 at 13:47.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2010, 17:44   #67
BHPian

Iam using HTC Legend for the last 3 months which I bought for Rs. 22500/-

Its a nice phone except that it does not allow to save the downloaded apps from Market on my SD card and with only 110 mb of internal memory is not at all sufficiant.
uneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 19:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Iam using HTC Legend for the last 3 months which I bought for Rs. 22500/-

Its a nice phone except that it does not allow to save the downloaded apps from Market on my SD card and with only 110 mb of internal memory is not at all sufficiant.
HTC released the Android 2.2 upgrade for Legend. It will allow you to save the downloaded apps to the SD card. Enjoy!
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 17:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
HTC released the Android 2.2 upgrade for Legend. It will allow you to save the downloaded apps to the SD card. Enjoy!
They have just announced it. It hasn't yet come out. HTC has said it will be released in the weeks to come. But being HTC you never know whether weeks mean months or even a year!

Last edited by vjabraham : 11th November 2010 at 17:31. Reason: sentence formation
vjabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 21:05   #70
BHPian

Default Re: HTC India service sucks.

Oh God, its a bad day.

My Nexus One just died and won't power on. It did fall but that was a slight slide, rather than a real fall.

This phone is/was my life. I am in Delhi and am not sure what to do.

Does anyone have an experience of HTC Nexus One repair in Delhi/NCR.

Please help people.
girlieonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 21:27   #71
BHPian

waiting for a positive response...
Old 14th July 2011, 23:22   #72
BHPian

Any recent experiences with HTC service center in India.

I did find an address of HTC service center in Delhi, but I am still worried. Will go there as soon as possible and see what happens.

Please wish me luck.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th July 2011, 08:59   #73
Team-BHP Support

Well in Bangalore, I accidently spilt something on my HD and the wireless module failed. Motherboard was replaced under warranty without any questions asked!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 14:58   #74
BHPian

I was stuck with a lemon recently when I purchased HTC Incredible S. Visited the Noida Service Centre in Sector 18 market (located exactly on the floor above the Ferns & Petals in the Ansal's arcade). I was quite pleased by their service and regular updates on what's happening at service front. The entire motherboard was changed at no price since it was on warranty. Both the employees at the service centre in my opinion were really efficient and did the best they could given the HTC company's support available to them. Although it took 10 days but that was due to the delay in delivery of part from the company on which I was duly kept informed. And once it was ready I also got a call from them to pick the same up. In all I returned impressed. You may just want to give it a shot if in NCR.
tinnieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 15:08   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

In India you buy your phone and follow,Ín God we trust'. heard that BB is now with Redington. Hope service improves.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote