| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th July 2008, 19:30||#1|
Weird iPod problem
My ipod has been working very well. Yesterday, iTunes was not able to transfer any music to iPod. It shows an error message saying:
I tried the follwing:
1. Changed it to Disk Mode. The LAptop reads it fine. Can play files form iPod fine BUT i cannot delete or rename files. It throws the same error "Disk is write protected"
2. Installed WinAmp latest version and tried using the portable devices. Even WinAmp says the same error "Sync failed, disk write protected"
3. Tried uninstalling and reintsalling iTune, no use
Follwoing are facts:
1. Charges well, plays well no problem there
2. The lock key is in off mode
3. All functions are working
4. Itunes is latest version and iPod firmware is latest
5. Its 5G 30 GB video iPod
My car, home theatre, bike everything runs on my iPod
|26th July 2008, 22:17||#2|
Join Date: May 2008
Thanked: 13 Times
Here’s a workaround for a problem when you sync your iPod with a Windows XP computer and you get an error:
Disk cannot be read from or written to
1. Disconnect the iPod.
2. Right-click My Computer and select Properties.
3. Click the Hardware tab.
4. Click the Device Manager button.
5. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
6. Right-click Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller choose Disable.
|27th July 2008, 00:29||#4|
OK, finally solved the problem. The policy agent not only disabled USB drives but also set the WriteProtect as true which ensured all USB devices are write protected.
In case anyone needs to know,
Start > Run > type ‘regedit’ then hit 'OK'.
- Browse to the following key:
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
- Double click on the string ‘WriteProtect’ and change the ‘Value Data’ box to ‘0’
- You may also need to do this for the strings in any folders called ‘ControlSet***’ e.g.
Example: My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\C ontrol\StorageDevicePolicies
Reboot, and write protection is removed.
My ipod is back....6 hours of non-stop struggle and now I have Nakka Mukka kuthu song on my Home Theatre LOL
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help!! Alto facing a weird vibration problem||wanderluster||The Indian Car Scene||0||8th September 2007 01:15|
|weird allignment/suspension problem.||chandan||Technical Stuff||3||4th August 2007 11:51|
|weird heating problem in accord||prateek||Technical Stuff||23||22nd June 2007 16:29|
|Weird problem...Palio||Iknowthisguy||Technical Stuff||16||31st August 2006 08:58|
|Weird computer bootup problem||adya33||Gadgets, Computers & Software||7||28th March 2006 23:50|