Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 9th June 2009, 00:47   #121
Team-BHP Support

And now iPhone 3G S has been announced, July 19th launch and world wide available by Aug 9 ie 2 weeks before i complete a year with 3G.

Major difference being Video camera, Voice recognition and Compass, and Slightly better battery back up. Remaining all the functions will be available with upgrade to OS3 in my original 3G next week on. Physically will look the same so i can pick one and no need to tell the finance manager at home wot say?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 01:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

I don't think its really worth upgrading as there really isn't that much of a change. What I really am excited about is 3g prices falling a bit on craigslist so that I can finally get an Iphone. Now its between the Iphone and the E71 for me.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 01:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

id say, apple go fish. i was waiting with the money. but you wronged me. and wasted my time. and made me sell off my 5800. bad apple. bah, when's the next Palm Pre GSM or the BB Storm 2 coming?
PS: i had an iPhone 3G for exactly 2 weeks. I am not buying something that looks the SAME as that one, and spend about 10k more than what I sold it for. Shame.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 01:04   #124
Senior - BHPian

Does Alfa sell Iphones? How much can I buy an unlocked one for?
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 02:02   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
id say, apple go fish. i was waiting with the money. but you wronged me. and wasted my time. and made me sell off my 5800. bad apple. bah, when's the next Palm Pre GSM or the BB Storm 2 coming?
PS: i had an iPhone 3G for exactly 2 weeks. I am not buying something that looks the SAME as that one, and spend about 10k more than what I sold it for. Shame.
Apple release what the world waited for. What were you waiting for?

Ah the looks? Could it be better?

I strongly believe iPhone 3GS will be more fun than the iPhone 3G. Getting one for myself before anyone else. I'll make sure!
Gurpartap Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 10:49   #126
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
bah, when's the next Palm Pre GSM or the BB Storm 2 coming?
Frank, there are reports of the Pre's screen being distorted at the bottom. Would advice you to check that out before you buy.
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 12:24   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
And now iPhone 3G S has been announced, July 19th launch and world wide available by Aug 9 ie 2 weeks before i complete a year with 3G.

Major difference being Video camera, Voice recognition and Compass, and Slightly better battery back up. Remaining all the functions will be available with upgrade to OS3 in my original 3G next week on. Physically will look the same so i can pick one and no need to tell the finance manager at home wot say?

Are u sure new iphone is about to launch? Coz i have been doing rounds on internet searching for any news on its launch.
If that's the case then me too buying a new one. I am obssesed with it. In a couple of months my 2g would be two years old. So i was waiting eagerly for the new one.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 14:34   #128
BHPian

Dante, check this link.

It should be available in India from August 2009.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:23   #129
Team-BHP Support

Before Aug 9th is what was announced earlier today at WWDC. Dont fall for Palm yet, its sorting out the usual initial hicups for now. Nokia is also bringing out "yet another iPhone killer", check it out.

I think ill wait for 2 more months, so that i can unlock my handset officially from Airtel and then maybe ill sell it off on ebay or something and go pick the new one
Old 9th June 2009, 20:31   #130
BHPian

The following images from GSMArena (courtesy of Gizmodo) states the release dates for each country.
Attached Images

Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 20:49   #131
BHPian

Jaggu, that is a sensible plan. I think you should be able to get a decent price via eBay.
Old 9th June 2009, 21:35   #132
Team-BHP Support

Well its a plan but with me you never know, might land up owning 2 iPhone's also just kidding.

But yes this time am not going on find an import mode, update and enjoy the OS 3 next week, for couple of weeks and then decide.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:12   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think ill wait for 2 more months, so that i can unlock my handset officially from Airtel and then maybe ill sell it off on ebay or something and go pick the new one

Why do you want to sell your existing phone? You'll still need it when you'll gift me the 3G-S in August.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 22:32   #134
Team-BHP Support

ehm ehm! August is it, well lets see
Old 11th June 2009, 10:25   #135
Team-BHP Support

Wink Impatient man!

Me got OS 3 installed and its a brilliant upgrade Apart from magnetometer and video cam (less priority) almost all the needed functions are there. Now the gap between iPhone and any other smart phone has come down to couple of mm's.

Will post detailed review of additions later in the week. Initial feedback:
- Teethering rocks and would help me a ton when i travel.
- MMS not yet enabled