Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 19:28   #1
BHPian
 
iceman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 700
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Playstation 2 repair in Mumbai.

One morning last year my beloved dog decided to trip on my PS2 wire, get the PS2 hard on the ground and the drag it along behind her across the whole house. While she was having fun doing this, i was in misery, suffering and unbearable pain.

To cut a long story short; the Playstation stopped working ever since, and it does'nt read discs anymore. I tried to contact sony workshops but they have no clue about PS2 repair.

Does any fellow bhpian know where i can get my PS2 repaired in Mumbai?

Thanks.
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 19:35   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

i think after a sony centre, heera panna at haji ali would be your best bet.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 20:11   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 383 Times
Default

There is this guy next to Pal's Fish corner and bang opposite to Golden Moments in Bandra. I tried him and he is really good.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 22:29   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

If you are in town, go to Mohatta Market (next to and in between Musafir khana and the BMC building). Go up the steps and you will see there are two isles. One goes to the left and the other to the right. Take the left one and walk about two-three shops on the left, You will notice a small counter selling all kinds of gaming stuff. Ask for Nafees. hes around 24 years, 5'11'' and damn helpful.
Tell him I sent you. He'll do whatever needs to be done. Ask him what it will cost though.
Hope he can help.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 02:33   #5
BHPian
 
nitroxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DXB
Posts: 817
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Contact Shivnesh Pillai opposite golden moments in Bandra..no one else could do a job as good as him for any game console.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 12:19   #6
BHPian
 
iceman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 700
Thanked: 254 Times
Default

@ akshay, Normally_crazy, V-16, Nitroxx - Thanks guys, will surely try these options.

nitroxx - Would you have shivnesh pillai's #?

V-16 I didnt get your name. In case i go to nafees, who should i say sent me?

Thanks again cheers:
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:12   #7
BHPian
 
iceman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 700
Thanked: 254 Times
Default The PS2 is back!!!

PEOPLE....

After 18 months or so, of lying around broken in some corner of my bedroom, my dear, beloved saathi is back. YES, the PS2 is back. Repaired and completely functional.

Thanks to folks here i could find a decent place in Mumbai to get it repaired.

Special mention to Nitroxx and all other dudes who came up with suggestions of where i could get this repaired.

Now, i can't wait to get my hands on all the games i missed in this time. First up is NFS:undercover.

I am HAPPY!! cheers:
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:26   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Congrats bhahi on getting the PS2 back in action,even i am waiting to get the copy of Undercover in my hand
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 16:01   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
PEOPLE....

After 18 months or so, of lying around broken in some corner of my bedroom, my dear, beloved saathi is back. YES, the PS2 is back. Repaired and completely functional.

Thanks to folks here i could find a decent place in Mumbai to get it repaired.

Special mention to Nitroxx and all other dudes who came up with suggestions of where i could get this repaired.

Now, i can't wait to get my hands on all the games i missed in this time. First up is NFS:undercover.

I am HAPPY!! cheers:

Well, my PS2 has been lying broken since a year. After reading your post, I'm motivated to get it repaired as well. So finally, whom did you go to and how much did it cost?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 18:08   #10
BHPian
 
iceman7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 700
Thanked: 254 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Well, my PS2 has been lying broken since a year. After reading your post, I'm motivated to get it repaired as well. So finally, whom did you go to and how much did it cost?

Shivnesh Pillai in Bandra west. His shop is in the Hawaiin Shack lane. Bang opposite the Syndicate Bank. Famous landmarks are Hawaiin Shack & Golden Moments.

Cost me 3k to get it repaired. Had to get the lens and the board changed.

Go ahead, revive your PS2. All the best!!
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 19:31   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Shivnesh Pillai in Bandra west. His shop is in the Hawaiin Shack lane. Bang opposite the Syndicate Bank. Famous landmarks are Hawaiin Shack & Golden Moments.

Cost me 3k to get it repaired. Had to get the lens and the board changed.

Go ahead, revive your PS2. All the best!!
Thanks for the info.
A couple of quick questions:
A new one now costs 6k. Do you think i should spend 3K?
Does he give warrantee?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 19:36   #12
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Guys just need a quick difference between PS2 and PS3 , is it worth spending so much money on the PS3 ,when all the latest games are available on PS2 as well?
(sorry for the OT question could not locate the correct thread)
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 19:41   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Guys just need a quick difference between PS2 and PS3 , is it worth spending so much money on the PS3 ,when all the latest games are available on PS2 as well?
(sorry for the OT question could not locate the correct thread)
It depends on perspective.
Do you wish to spend approx 30K?
Do you have a 36-40" preferably HD tv to properly enjoy the graphics?
Do you wish to spend 2500 bucks for a new game?
Newer games will now not be PS2 compatible.

If yes, then nothing like PS3.

But the upside of a 'cracked' PS2 is pirated games at 100 bucks and decent graphics and the best at only 6K.

IMO, it all comes down to how much money you wish to spend. I would personally wait for another year.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 20:42   #14
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

thanks for the reply Tejas,
No i don''t want to spend so much on a console as i wont be using it very often.Just need a decent one which would support most of the games such as NFS Pro street and other already releases decent games.I guess i should go with the PS2 for now.Just wanted to know whats the pluses of the PS3.Whats the best source(sony world or online) to get the PS2 console assuming i would like to get it cracked for the pirated games.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 23:38   #15
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
thanks for the reply Tejas,
No i don''t want to spend so much on a console as i wont be using it very often.Just need a decent one which would support most of the games such as NFS Pro street and other already releases decent games.I guess i should go with the PS2 for now.Just wanted to know whats the pluses of the PS3.Whats the best source(sony world or online) to get the PS2 console assuming i would like to get it cracked for the pirated games.
Heera panna for cracked ones in mumbai. Sony World wont sell ones with the cracked chip and you'll have to go out and get it done for 500 bucks.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XBox 360, Playstation and other gaming consoles DCEite Gadgets, Computers & Software 1430 14th August 2017 23:56
The Playstation 2 Thread: Questions, tips, prices etc. Sheruken Gadgets, Computers & Software 320 6th January 2014 17:40
Playstation Move Vs. Microsoft Kinect Gautam Misra Gadgets, Computers & Software 92 1st September 2012 10:32
Playstation 3 "NOT" playing DVD mobike008 Gadgets, Computers & Software 8 22nd October 2008 19:11
nitroxx's 300 GB Playstation 3: DIY and pictures nitroxx Gadgets, Computers & Software 11 1st October 2008 10:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks