Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 7th October 2008, 17:01   #46
BHPian

Anything less than 1Tb is not good enough nowadays
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 23:55   #47
BHPian

oops b&T already has his custom setup from the overclocking guru :-)

way to go .
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 17:59   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
T

Attachment 55238

Then I'm set. Sasta and Masta.
Today I bought this as I had planned.

Name:  IMG00130_lowres.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  70.5 KB

It is really small. It's really fast, strangely often faster than connecting my 2 drives to 2 separate ports. Now I will connect 4X500GB Maxtor external drives to it and laugh like this. Ha Ha!!

it comes with it's own 2.5A adaptor as suggested by LBM. Made by logitech, the printed price is Rs.1475/- I paid only Rs. 1200/- with bill and warranty.

So happy!!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 15th October 2008 at 18:01.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 18:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it comes with it's own 2.5A adaptor as suggested by LBM. Made by logitech, the printed price is Rs.1475/- I paid only Rs. 1200/- with bill and warranty.

So happy!!
Hmm good buy Sam Bhai.. this one will be a stable one since it has its own power supply. The non powered one are prone to errors.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 13:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
It's really fast, strangely often faster than connecting my 2 drives to 2 separate ports. Now I will connect 4X500GB Maxtor external drives to it and laugh like this. Ha Ha!!
Hey Sam, if you are connecting multiple drives to this, remember that you are limited by the 1 uplink port from the hub to the PC, that would severely degrade your speed. Even connecting drives to your PC directly, you should always make sure you connect them across different USB controllers (not just separate USB ports on the PC). Very often 1 USB controller has 2 USB ports on the PC, you got to check in your config and accordingly connect.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 21:29   #51
BHPian

Hey this Hunt Key PSU brand is new. just looked up a review on the net seems promising though haven't seen it in chennai. What does it cost? But are you sure this will power the system. Just asking as i haven't heard of the brand. I have been meaning to do this for the last 6 months but will hold off for a few more months. held back the finances for a contessa .
JagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 14:35   #52
BHPian

I was in the same confusion about a month ago i.e. to keep my Movies/Music collection (over 700 gb) at one place and accessible anytime to be played.

After researching for a month i bought Mediagate 450HD and placed 1TB seagate HDD inside the unit. It has a USB host port through which i can also connect my extrenal HDD or pen drives.

It has a LAN port to connect to your home router, but i connect it using the inbuilt 802.11g wireless interface. One main thing , this unit can browse shared drives on the network and wirelessly stream the content from my laptop to the TV.

I've been using it for over a month and love it already. I've all my media content to watch at my finger tips.cheers: The unit with HDD costed me 500 AUD (17k INR) in total.
sixthsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 08:03   #53
BHPian

Default Which is the best external drive you can buy in india ?

Hi,

I am looking forward to buy a external hard disk for extending my storage and creating a backup for all my movies and photos. I already have seagate 500GB and seagate 250GB internal hard disk in my PC and they are almost full with hardly 10 GB of storage left. I would like to know which is the best external drive to buy ?

which one should I buy ?

1. seagate or WD
2. 2.5" or 3.5"

I live in chennai, I have checked the prices for both the HDD in the local shops.

Seagate 1 TB freeagent desk - 3990 with 5 years warranty

WD my book essential 1 TB - 3650 with 3 years warranty.

which one should i go for portable ones or the desktop edition

please let me know soon guys

thanks in advance

uday
udayjani is offline   Reply With Quote