Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 25th July 2013, 14:44   #121
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: The Ubuntu Linux Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
first check if the LAN driver loads up, once you connect the cable. If it does not get acknowledged, I think the LAN port is npt set up correctly.
Sure, I will try it out today when I go home. The thing is if I connect my old non-wi-fi router to the desktop it works perfectly fine with the desktop. I can connect to the Internet. So I thought that there must not be any problem with the lan card on the desktop.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 14:55   #122
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Ubuntu Linux Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Sure, I will try it out today when I go home. The thing is if I connect my old non-wi-fi router to the desktop it works perfectly fine with the desktop. I can connect to the Internet. So I thought that there must not be any problem with the lan card on the desktop.
- One connecting to net
- The other is connecting to the router itself.

- Before connecting to net, you should be able to connect to the router.
- Hence I suggested check if you can ping to 192.198.1.1. If that does not work, it means LAN port is not up.
- If that is up and net is not working, then it means, you need to check the connections settings. May be its the DNS which is mucking it up.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote