Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 09:35   #181
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,556
Thanked: 6,313 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
If one sees carefully there is no need for cost cutting measures,speaking honestly like cases of Enron etc,all employees incl.CEO used to get more salary then they deserved,this applies to all IT guys working in India,sorry but this is HARD FACT.What our member Aerohit said is 100% true here this also applies to earning factor as well,don't miss beautiful post of this guy,worth a read indeed.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ur-jobs-7.html (Effect of Recession on our Jobs)
Can you please tell me why you feel that.
Is it based on any research or is it just some ramblings.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 09:38   #182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Just saw this news. Depressing already 10000 off ?

Satyam may axe 10,000 employees in Feb
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 09:38   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Can you please tell me why you feel that.
Is it based on any research or is it just some ramblings.
Looks like plain rambling to me. How does one actually quantify what they "deserve" ?

lambuhere,
I'd not buy such a report. Everyone wants to cash on the market buzz. So now we know that there is a recruiting firm called "headhunters". Plain nonsense and nothing else.

Last edited by Fountainheader : 9th January 2009 at 09:40.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 09:55   #184
ECM
BHPian
 
ECM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 221
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Simple theory
when $ weakens it reflects its shadow allover,$ has direct relations with IT industry.$ is weak hence Gold is Up.It will be offtopic hence use above 2 lines to get your answer.Salaries were higher coz $ kept high artificially,now its getting its original value.Jim Sinclair spend lot of time to study how $ manipulated till today,search google for more info.
Quote:
Can you please tell me why you feel that.
Is it based on any research or is it just some ramblings
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 10:00   #185
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,556
Thanked: 6,313 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Simple theory
when $ weakens it reflects its shadow allover,$ has direct relations with IT industry.$ is weak hence Gold is Up.It will be offtopic hence use above 2 lines to get your answer.Salaries were higher coz $ kept high artificially,now its getting its original value.Jim Sinclair spend lot of time to study how $ manipulated till today,search google for more info.
What you say is true for all export import and forex dealings.

You are yet to actually make a point about why s/w engineers are paid more than they deserve.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 10:13   #186
BHPian
 
blueband4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Now the traditional SWITCH companies(Satyam,Wipro,Infosys,TCS,CTS,HCL) have become WITCH companies! The main company to watch out for in this new WITCH is HCL. They have just completed the buy of AXON and are really hungry to become number one. It will be great if HCL buys out Satyam as the Corporate governance of HCL is better compared to the rest top Indian IT players.
P.S : I am not working in HCL. i am doing business and i am really amazed by the thought leadership of HCL especially "Employee First" concept.
blueband4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 10:15   #187
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

The buzz in the news circles is Ramalinga Raju will be arrested today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
From what Raju's advocate has informed to NDTV and also from the Press Meet, Mr. Raju is still in Hyderabad and has never gone out of city and was willing to cooperate.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:03   #188
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,584
Thanked: 3,245 Times
Default

Quote:
Simple theory
when $ weakens it reflects its shadow allover,$ has direct relations with IT industry.$ is weak hence Gold is Up.It will be offtopic hence use above 2 lines to get your answer.Salaries were higher coz $ kept high artificially,now its getting its original value.Jim Sinclair spend lot of time to study how $ manipulated till today,search google for more info.
Quote:
If one sees carefully there is no need for cost cutting measures,speaking honestly like cases of Enron etc,all employees incl.CEO used to get more salary then they deserved,this applies to all IT guys working in India,sorry but this is HARD FACT.
ECM ji,

I don't mean to offend you but alot of what you say goes against basic economics, capitalism, and something called the job market. If you wish to work for pittance and a couple of thousand per month, then congrats by all means.

By your logic, we should all be equally lowly paid and living contentedly without any consideration for individual abilities, talents, markets, hard work, experience etc.

By your logic, even a businessman should not make crores while his driver barely makes a lakh a year?

Give us a break.
phamilyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:03   #189
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Some real bad news for Satyam. Shares plunge to Rs. 6/-

And infy will not hire people from Satyam - not because they do not want to poach from the company, but because they think the people would be "tainted".

Infy not to hire Satyam employees- Software-Infotech-The Economic Times

For satyam guys out there - I have just one sentence for you -- "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

Get together, Poor your resources.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:13   #190
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,972
Thanked: 3,390 Times
Default

Infy is over-acting calling those employees as 'tainted'. I dont understand how they even arrived at such a decision! What role did the employees have just because the management cooked the books? Idiotic approach, i must say.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:15   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Some real bad news for Satyam. Shares plunge to Rs. 6/-

And infy will not hire people from Satyam - not because they do not want to poach from the company, but because they think the people would be "tainted".

Infy not to hire Satyam employees- Software-Infotech-The Economic Times

For satyam guys out there - I have just one sentence for you -- "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

Get together, Poor your resources.
I read that article. Nowhere is a mention that employees maybe tainted.

I still think NRN's comments about not touching Satyam employees was totally uncalled for. No offence, but he thinks he's a complete saint and Infosys is the company even the gods would love to manage ? I agree that company might be built on strong fundamentals, but till the Maytas deal failed, the normal junta used consider Satyam the pride of AP!

Its only that the economy is in such a bad shape, else we'd have seen all the other companies vying for some pie. I feel in these times, the IT industry should come together and try to look it at a macro scale.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:15   #192
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,556
Thanked: 6,313 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Infy is over-acting calling those employees as 'tainted'. I dont understand how they even arrived at such a decision! What role did the employees have just because the management cooked the books? Idiotic approach, i must say.

One Name that will always haunt Infosys as they take a holier than thou attitude. Phaneesh Murthy.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:22   #193
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 913 Times
Default

This can also be viewed as a great time for employees to breakaway and start their own company offering services to clients they are already working for.

Why wait for your account to be lost to Wipro or Infy or TCS and be rendered jobless. If you have the talent and the ability to execute, finding an investor to fund some aspects of your business is not very difficult. Go for it yourself and start new companies to continue the services.

I would think many a team have strong working relationships with their clients and this should be a smooth transition for both clients and service providers.

Last edited by DKG : 9th January 2009 at 11:31.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:24   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Infy not to hire Satyam employees

Infosys Technologies, the country’s second-largest IT services exporter by sales, has told its human resources (HR) executives to refrain from hiring employees of Satyam Computer Services.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 11:25   #195
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
One Name that will always haunt Infosys as they take a holier than thou attitude. Phaneesh Murthy.
I guess N R Narayana Murthy forgot about his pal Phaneesh Murthy who settled a sexual harassment case out of court! What Mr TV Mohandas Pai (Infosys Technologies HR, education & research and administration director) also needs to realize that at least Satyam did not employee people who are involved in sexual harassment cases!
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Satyam Ford: New Ford dealership in Thane AkMar Indian Car Dealerships 10 29th July 2017 16:43
Safety last? Maruti Chairman Mr. R.C. Bhargava's ridiculous statements SS-Traveller The Indian Car Scene 363 18th March 2016 23:46
Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo Quits ashwin.terminat The International Automotive Scene 7 17th October 2014 19:34
Ramalinga Raju Resigned? - Satyam's books Inflated? kb100 Shifting gears 1 7th January 2009 16:34
Ferrari boss now chairman of Fiat ajmat The International Automotive Scene 7 1st June 2004 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks