Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2016, 13:42   #2296
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 235
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Hello all,

I had purchased windows phone in August last year which i have started using more often nowadays.

While trying to install new apps it is asking me to login in outlook a/c which i have completely forgotten.

Is there any remedy other than restoring factory set up?

Rgds
sindabad.sailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2016, 13:49   #2297
BHPian
 
SyncNest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 71
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello all,

I had purchased windows phone in August last year which i have started using more often nowadays.

While trying to install new apps it is asking me to login in outlook a/c which i have completely forgotten.

Is there any remedy other than restoring factory set up?

Rgds
You can create a new account in Windows phone. Doesn't have to be the same account as earlier
SyncNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 10:58   #2298
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,351
Thanked: 14,177 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Microsoft is ditching Windows Phone OS and switching to Android....

http://www.computerworld.com/article...-shows-up.html
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 12:55   #2299
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,622
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Microsoft is ditching Windows Phone OS and switching to Android....

http://www.computerworld.com/article...-shows-up.html
... and there is a counter argument in that article's comments section:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...tag=TRE17cfd61
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 20:49   #2300
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Question Re: Windows 10 for Lumia 1320?

The Nokia Lumia 1320 is stuck at 8.1 version. When will the 10 update released for this device? It has been more than 6 months since the latest version, if am NOT wrong.

What is happening here?
Do we have to force update the same?

Please advise.
JMaruru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 21:11   #2301
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 632
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: Windows 10 for Lumia 1320?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The Nokia Lumia 1320 is stuck at 8.1 version. When will the 10 update released for this device? It has been more than 6 months since the latest version, if am NOT wrong.

What is happening here?
Do we have to force update the same?

Please advise.
Unfortunately 1320 is not in the final list of supported phones. You may try the Insider program for installing Windows 10.

I hope you have already installed and tried "Upgrade Advisor" app from the store to check the Win10 availability. Good luck!
bejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 11:20   #2302
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,622
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: Windows 10 for Lumia 1320?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The Nokia Lumia 1320 is stuck at 8.1 version. When will the 10 update released for this device? It has been more than 6 months since the latest version, if am NOT wrong.

What is happening here?
Do we have to force update the same?

Please advise.
There is nothing great in Windows 10, except same uniformity of apps across any platform (PC, tablet, phone, devices etc)
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 18:41   #2303
BHPian
 
petrol_power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bangalore/TVM
Posts: 166
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Lumia 950 prices slashed to Rs 30k. Good deal if anyone is looking for a high end phone, who can live without google maps.
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 06:45   #2304
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 747
Thanked: 433 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

It's almost a year since I bought the Lumia 640 XL. It's not been a very pleasant experience so far but things have improved. I don't need to restart the phone again and again like before, WhatsApp seems to be working fine (though I miss have the "Quote" feature). The camera is great though. Specially the settings which makes you feel like you are using a DSLR. I see the price is now only 10K. For this price it is a fantastic phone if you can live with it's quirks. I'll probably shift to an iPhone shortly, though the news of the iPhone 7 is making me want to wait. Even if it is not that great, at least the prices of the 6S Plus will fall. Other options are the Nexus 6P or the OnePlus 3. I'll probably keep the Lumia as a secondary phone. The resale is really bad so no point selling it.
pedrolourenco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 20:43   #2305
BHPian
 
RiGOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 150
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
WhatsApp seems to be working fine (though I miss have the "Quote" feature).
Isn't that feature available with the latest update mate? Do check it.
RiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 09:42   #2306
BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 747
Thanked: 433 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Isn't that feature available with the latest update mate? Do check it.
I started working yesterday after an update. Even the predictive text is now working.
pedrolourenco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 12:30   #2307
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,622
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

I am facing a weird problem after updating to Windows 10.
Usually the number of unread sms is shown on the icon.
And when you tap in, you see the unread ones in bold.

However, every time I see a few additional sms that I RECALL CLEARLY not encountering before, but they appear in unbold as read.

It is as if the sms application doesn't display all the unread sms correctly and later it slips in a few of the unread sms marked as read.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 11:10   #2308
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 632
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Isn't that feature available with the latest update mate? Do check it.
The last update has it, but only for individual chats and not for the groups. The previous update had it for groups also IIRC, can someone confirm?
bejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 18:59   #2309
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 632
Thanked: 407 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The last update has it, but only for individual chats and not for the groups. The previous update had it for groups also IIRC, can someone confirm?
Got one update today and the quote feature is enabled again for the groups. Version 2.16.122
bejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 16:44   #2310
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,622
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I am facing a weird problem after updating to Windows 10.
Usually the number of unread sms is shown on the icon.
And when you tap in, you see the unread ones in bold.

However, every time I see a few additional sms that I RECALL CLEARLY not encountering before, but they appear in unbold as read.

It is as if the sms application doesn't display all the unread sms correctly and later it slips in a few of the unread sms marked as read.
So from whatever readin I could do around, I have realized that the problem is because of Skype's integration with the messaging app.


Now I have discovered another weird problem!
The app called Films & TV (essentially XBox video) searches for all videos on the phone and shows in itself by displaying icons.

Now if you delete the video by using PC - the icons in the Films & TV app are not automatically removed. In fact if you manually delete them, they get restored automatically, as if the videos were never deleted!!
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users PCS The Indian Car Scene 53 4th May 2016 11:49
Copying large number of folders from windows XP to windows 7 laptop tsk1979 Gadgets, Computers & Software 28 18th June 2010 22:47
new lease of life to my windows mobile 2003 phone androdev Gadgets, Computers & Software 3 7th March 2008 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks