Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 20:37   #76
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Q 1. How do we come to know how much memory has been utilized (used up in pics, music, firmware etc.) ?

Q 2. How do i get the storage details of a particular file say a music file?
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 08:51   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,549
Thanked: 2,483 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Btw, is there an app/workaround to check the call duration (ie after you've hung up)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Q 1. How do we come to know how much memory has been utilized (used up in pics, music, firmware etc.) ?

Q 2. How do i get the storage details of a particular file say a music file?
1) Once you connect your phone to Zune; there's a small bar at the bottom which has separate blocks for the amount of space used up by Pics, Music, Data etc. (Just like how iTunes shows for iPod)

2) There's just the Music & Videos folder under which Music is stored; so you could look up there.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 09:07   #78
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Btw, is there an app/workaround to check the call duration (ie after you've hung up)?
So far this wasn't supported on WP but now, MS has just released the APIs to develop this app. It maybe available in a month or two.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 09:11   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
vivekiny2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Btw, is there an app/workaround to check the call duration (ie after you've hung up)?

in windows mobile 6.5, you could go to call history, and then press the contact's call history to get the call duration.

WP7, no idea.

Name:  Screenshot7.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  99.8 KBName:  Screenshot8.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  101.0 KB
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 12:37   #80
BHPian
 
chetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 466
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Since HTC HD2 is quite old now, I was wondering if its still a worthy buy even today ?
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 13:08   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Since HTC HD2 is quite old now, I was wondering if its still a worthy buy even today ?
Well with the kind of phones available today, I would not call it a worthy buy. But if you are looking at it from a multiple OS perspective then yes it most definitely is a worthy buy. This is the only phone that can happily run Windows 6.5, Android, Windows Phone 7, Linux and a very basic version of Meego. My HD2 is 2 years old now and I absolutely love it. Still going strong with WP7 on it.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 11:35   #82
BHPian
 
chetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 466
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

@Vikram, Well, Sony Ericsson phones appealed to me most but now its HTC and I always have bought phones that have appealed to me. To be Honest I just love the looks of this phone and that's the only reason I am interested in this product. This would be my first smart phone ever, I am not interested in Apps and stuff, just need something Big and good looking and this ticks everything. I had considered the Desire HD but have heard not so good stories about the battery. Btw how is the battery running on your phone ? Is this phone still available in the market ? how much ?

Last edited by chetan : 21st January 2012 at 11:40.
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 12:05   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
@Vikram, Well, Sony Ericsson phones appealed to me most but now its HTC and I always have bought phones that have appealed to me. To be Honest I just love the looks of this phone and that's the only reason I am interested in this product. This would be my first smart phone ever, I am not interested in Apps and stuff, just need something Big and good looking and this ticks everything. I had considered the Desire HD but have heard not so good stories about the battery. Btw how is the battery running on your phone ? Is this phone still available in the market ? how much ?
The HD2 is not available in the market anymore as it has been dicontinued by HTC. You may be able to find some on Ebay. The battery with WP7 is just about ok as it lasts me one day with moderate use. With Windows 6.5 it easily lasted me 2 days with the same usage. Instead of a HD2 right now I would recommend you try a HD7 which almost exactly the same but it comes with WP7 pre-installed and is still available in the market.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 13:08   #84
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Got myself a Samsung Omnia W, this is my first actual touch phone (the previous touchphone i used was P1i).

I cant compare it with Iphone or Android devices, but must tell you this device is awesome to use and UI is amazing. Works flawlessly and never faced any lag or hangs.

Bing maps needs an improvement but Gmaps makes up for it.

Battery backup is satisfying with 5-6hrs of browsing, calls for about 2hrs, the phone is on for about a day n half.

Marketplace is not really great compared to other platforms, however, most required and important apps are available.

Last edited by 2500cc : 1st February 2012 at 13:10.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 15:01   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,549
Thanked: 2,483 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Got myself a Samsung Omnia W, this is my first actual touch phone (the previous touchphone i used was P1i).

I cant compare it with Iphone or Android devices, but must tell you this device is awesome to use and UI is amazing. Works flawlessly and never faced any lag or hangs.

Bing maps needs an improvement but Gmaps makes up for it.

Battery backup is satisfying with 5-6hrs of browsing, calls for about 2hrs, the phone is on for about a day n half.

Marketplace is not really great compared to other platforms, however, most required and important apps are available.
Set up your Windows Live ID location as US; a host of features like Local Scout, integrated Shazam in Bing search etc. are not released for India yet.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:50   #86
BHPian
 
r_devakumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post

Bing maps needs an improvement but Gmaps makes up for it.

.
Myself also moved to Windows phone (Lumia 800) couple of weeks backs. For my usage, the only feature i am missing in windows mobile is Google maps. Especially, i used to create routes and store in my Google account, and later use them as Layers. This layers feature is not available in any of the GMaps application available for Windows Mango. Please let me know if anyone find an option for this.
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:23   #87
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Myself also moved to Windows phone (Lumia 800) couple of weeks backs. For my usage, the only feature i am missing in windows mobile is Google maps. Especially, i used to create routes and store in my Google account, and later use them as Layers. This layers feature is not available in any of the GMaps application available for Windows Mango. Please let me know if anyone find an option for this.

Hi Deva,

True man, GMaps for Windows mobile sucks, nonetheless it is better than mango maps and bing maps.

I do see that the apps are increasing on Marketplace, so lets hope for something best in near future.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 12:03   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 677 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Hello,

My Dad uses a Lumia 710 and is extremely happy with the phone and gets a good 1.5~2 day of battery life. One thing that he is always complaining is how an incoming call has to be answered.

Everytime you get a call, you have to slide the screen upwards and then you have the options "answer" "ignore". Is there any way to change that? Can they simplly not have a "answer" "ignore" buttons and get rid of the "slide up" thing.
First you get this when an you receive an incoming call:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  64.4 KB

After you slide that thing, you get this :

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  68.7 KB
Any settings anyone aware of that i may have missed.

Thanks.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 4th February 2012 at 12:08. Reason: Spelling mistakes & pic attachment
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:21   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,549
Thanked: 2,483 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

All those who have the Facebook app on their Mango-device, did you have it updated to the recent version?

I find the new version of the app extremely slow; it takes forever to open the Notifications/Messages.

Any pointers?

The good part though is that Toast/Tile notifications are now present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Everytime you get a call, you have to slide the screen upwards and then you have the options "answer" "ignore". Is there any way to change that? Can they simplly not have a "answer" "ignore" buttons and get rid of the "slide up" thing.
Nope, no way to change that.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:34   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
All those who have the Facebook app on their Mango-device, did you have it updated to the recent version?

I find the new version of the app extremely slow; it takes forever to open the Notifications/Messages.

Any pointers?
Try re-installing the latest version from Marketplace. By the way why do you need the Facebook app? WP7 already has almost everything built in. I used the app only once but I found the OS can do everrything that the app can and so I uninstalled it.

Last edited by vikram_d : 23rd February 2012 at 15:36.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Care App for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users PCS The Indian Car Scene 53 4th May 2016 11:49
Copying large number of folders from windows XP to windows 7 laptop tsk1979 Gadgets, Computers & Software 28 18th June 2010 22:47
new lease of life to my windows mobile 2003 phone androdev Gadgets, Computers & Software 3 7th March 2008 14:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks