Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 20th April 2009, 18:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Well its 1/10th of what Nokia was asking, so I am okay
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 15:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
LOL.

250 rs for a speaker change? And did he open a sealed box with well labeled product, or just chinese maal from a box of odds and ends? If so, You've been had.
Reminds me of this:

There is an old story about a multi-million dollar power plant that had mysteriously ground to a halt. All efforts to restart it had failed and an expert was brought in. After studying the problem for a few minutes he took a hammer and hit one of the valves. With a rumble, the plant came back to life. Incredulous glances were shared, grateful cries and high-fives were exchanged. Later, the expert’s bill arrived for the amount of $10,000.00. The outraged executive in charge thought “All he did was hit a valve with a hammer, this bill is ridiculous.” he asked for an itemized breakdown and the consultant responded with a bill that read: “Hitting valve with hammer $10.00. Knowing which valve to hit: $9,990.00.”

The value of expertise.

50 Rs. for the Speaker and 200 for the efficiency of the person who replaced it!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 11:02   #18
BHPian

Didn't want to create a new thread. Are there any nokia service centres in Bangalore (apart from the "so called" authorised "Nokia care" centres ? I am seeing lots of horror stories about these authorised customer care centres and hence wanted to try some thing better ? I am looking for some centres in and around Indira Nagar/Kormangala. My 5800 has been water logged and the LCD display needs to be replaced. Hence , do I still have to go to authorised service centre or can I do it outside ?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote