Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 14th August 2009, 09:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default MTNL problem still exists !!

In Delhi for a bit, and can't access team-bhp.com from MTNL broadband line. Basically, DNS resolution fails. Other sites running fine. Looking into the CPE router's DNS relay config, I found the following entries:

#cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 59.179.243.70
nameserver 202.159.219.229

The primary server (59.179.243.70) does not resolve team-bhp, while secondary server does 202.159.219.229 does resolve team-bhp.

Hope this helps to push MTNL for a fix.

Cheers,

Last edited by lancer_rit : 14th August 2009 at 09:55.
lancer_rit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 10:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

How to set OpenDNS Server in DHCP enabled router ? Isn't acquire DNS and IP address every time router starts? If ISP provides static IP in that case one can alter DNS or other method is to use router as bridged mode?
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 14:35   #33
BHPian

There is a similar problem with Airtel @ Bangalore.
From the time, the T-BHP server move has happened. I have faced numerous issues with connectivity to the site.
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 14:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

I was facing slow browsing issues from office but they went away with chrome.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 10:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Early this morning I could not get the pages to open on the site for over half an hour.
Either nothing would come up or the index pages would load and when I clicked on a thread nothing would come up. I've had Open DNS set by default since I started the thread.

What gives?
kbk_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 13:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Some guys sets up dns local cache in the system itself.I am not a fan of this though! :
Local DNS Cache for Faster Browsing on Ubuntu System -- Debian Admin
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Default Unable to login to www.team-bhp.com from a laptop with Winodws 7

@ mods - if a similar thread exists, please merge this with that.

Friends,

I am facing a very peculiar problem. I use my Dell MWS 4400 laptop with Windows 7 from home to access www.team-bhp.com. Whenever I try to login to the site (let us say to reply to a thread), I am simply brought back to the login screen. This is an unending cycle. I did not have this issue with my old laptop with Windows XP OS.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem? Is there any solution to this? All the IE settings are the standard settings on my laptop. Do I need to change some setting? I do not have this issue with any other site. It did work once, after I deleted the browser history and then restarted IE. But the issue is peculiar to team-bhp site.

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 3rd May 2010 at 10:30.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Working perfectly fine with me, I am on Dell Studio - Win 7.

Try clearing cache, int. temp. files and cookies. If it doesn't works, reinstall IE. It should work
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:36   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
@ mods - if a similar thread exists, please merge this with that.

Friends,

I am facing a very peculiar problem. I use my Dell MWS 4400 laptop with Windows 7 from home to access www.team-bhp.com. Whenever I try to login to the site (let us say to reply to a thread), I am simply brought back to the login screen. This is an unending cycle. I did not have this issue with my old laptop with Windows XP OS.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem? Is there any solution to this? All the IE settings are the standard settings on my laptop. Do I need to change some setting? I do not have this issue with any other site. It did work once, after I deleted the browser history and then restarted IE. But the issue is peculiar to team-bhp site.

-Biju
Looks like a Cookie issue. Check yor browser settings to see if it's allowed to accept cookies.

Using IE? Try another borwser, Firefox for example.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Looks like a Cookie issue. Check yor browser settings to see if it's allowed to accept cookies.

Using IE? Try another borwser, Firefox for example.
Thanks folks. I will see the cookie settings. Since it is a new laptop, I still have not installed other browsers. I will do that as well. Fortunately no issues in browsing the site.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:38   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Thanks folks. I will see the cookie settings. Since it is a new laptop, I still have not installed other browsers. I will do that as well. Fortunately no issues in browsing the site.
First, see if you are accepting cookies from the sites you visit (browser settings). Second, and equally important, ensure that the remember me checkbox is ticked.

You should be all set.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:21   #42
BHPian

Smile tbhp search result in Firefox + ABP issue

For past few days, I have noticed that search result (using Google shared service) would not return any result from team-bhp.com search bar. I would just get a blank page with only the tbhp header and footer. However, same worked fine in IE. Figured out, ABP (AdBlock Plus) plugin that I am using to shut unwanted ads in Firefox, was blocking the Google script too.

If you face similar issue, just white-list following two scripts (shown in the screen-shot).

Unable to access www.team-bhp.com-tbhpgooglead.jpg

-BJ
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 00:26   #43
BHPian

Default Re: Unable to access www.team-bhp.com

I have a BSNL broadband connection.This is connected to the desktop. I also access net by wifi from two laptops and my Iphone. For the past two days, I was unable to access team-bhp on my laptop.Firefox was giving the message "unable to connect to server". I checked my wife's laptop. Same problem. Iphone also had the similar issues. I tried different browsers, emptied history,cookies,temp files etc but still could not get tbhp. Funnily, I could access other sites without any problem.
Then I checked the desktop which is wired to the modem. Surprise, TBhp was opening without any hitch.
After a bit of googling and tampering, I was able to finally set right the laptop by changing IP4 DNS settings from automatic to manual. I put in the same numbers as in the desktop. IP address was still obtained automatically. With these changes I could access tbhp on the laptop.
Now what to do with the Iphone? I changed the DNS, nothing happens. Could somebody help me out.
I could access tbhp in my hospital net both on laptop and Iphone without any problems.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 20th October 2011 at 00:28.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote