Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 20:40   #3001
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey Sam,
Heres a good phone for under 10K, plus satisfies your want for music and looks great.
Attachment 11159
Link - Nokia India - 5310 XpressMusic Mobile Phone ? Slim Music Phone
P.S. Looks way better in reality.
oh yes i forgot to update i bought this phone as well 3 days before i got my n82 black edition .
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 00:01   #3002
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

thanks for all your help guys . Got the e51 from the mobile store for 11.600 . Came home and tried the wireless network scan . This phone rocks. Am typing this using the phone and my airtel bb at home . Thanks again all
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 00:11   #3003
BHPian
 
gr8guzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 648
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Congrats Sammy, enjoy your E51.

Cheers!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 00:37   #3004
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
thanks for all your help guys . Got the e51 from the mobile store for 11.600 . Came home and tried the wireless network scan . This phone rocks. Am typing this using the phone and my airtel bb at home . Thanks again all
Congrats for new phone..
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 18:19   #3005
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Can someone gimme feedback of the Nokia E61i?
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 22:46   #3006
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Can someone gimme feedback of the Nokia E61i?
Its a very nice smartphone for the price it comes at.
- Complete QWERTY keypad with well spaced out keys, tactile feedback and easy to type
- Comes with a decent camera for a smartphone
- Software is a bit slow, but very able and more than sufficient for the average user
- Email compatibility is amazing. Its is BB enabled and takes almost all push email systems easily
- the center D-pad has a very easy to use and click interface
- Battery life is decent. Mine lasts for 2 days with full call, SMS and WLAN usage
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 04:55   #3007
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

Just exchanged my wife's Nokia 6300 for a E51 with 1 GB Memory Card. Really excellent phone. Bought it for Rs10,950/- with bill and warranty. They have introduced a new colour Full black where the battery cover has a finish similar to Carbon Fibre look.
Hey Viper, from where did you buy the E51 at Rs 10,950/- with bill and warranty? Is the 1GB card included in the above price? You bought the full black color right?

Any feedback on the usage till now?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 23:45   #3008
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Phone based on Nanotech, a glimpse into the future?? Must watch video.

Received this video a few days back & was blown away when I watched it. It's an animated look into the future of mobile devices as we know them now & what effect Nano-technology will have on them. Produced by the Cambridge center for Nano technology & Nokia, it sure is an eye opener & a fascinating insight into what we might regards as mobile devices in the near future!



What do you guys think??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:16   #3009
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 613
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Palm Treo 750

Hi,

I gifted myself a Plam Treo 750 this week-end. It comes with Windows 6.0.

Till now my experiences with it are -

1. It is definitely much quicker than E61.
2. The interface is much more intuitive than Symbian's.
3. Browser is not as good as Symbian. There is no mouse pointer, links have to be cliccked by stylus; thus I can't surf with one hand.
4. Browser doesn't render pages well. Even my N73's browser renders pages much better than this. Moneycontrol and Orkut sites are absolutely unusable.
5. For some weird reason I am not able to login to icicibank.com; it says that lohin id/password wrong. But ICICIDirect working fine.

\N
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:27   #3010
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Hey Viper, from where did you buy the E51 at Rs 10,950/- with bill and warranty? Is the 1GB card included in the above price? You bought the full black color right?

Any feedback on the usage till now?
Hi,

Got it from my regular phone supplier. I like the phone so much that I am going in the next hour to exchange my E61i for it. I love the speed of the phone. The E61i speed feels ancient in comparison.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:01   #3011
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Got it from my regular phone supplier. I like the phone so much that I am going in the next hour to exchange my E61i for it. I love the speed of the phone. The E61i speed feels ancient in comparison.

Viper
More dilemma for me. I was supposed to get the E61i today evening. I even switched to airtel to get the blackberry services. Suddenly I have been reading better reviews on the E51.

The issue is that no provider in India is giving blackberry on E51. They have it only for E61i, E50 and some others. I dont see the link to download BB connect for E51 anywhere.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:21   #3012
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,493
Thanked: 6,771 Times
Default

@ajo: if your company has Exchange, IMAP or POP access then BB will be a waste of money and simple EDGE/GPRS is good enough. Being in chennai your access to bandwidth is much better also.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:35   #3013
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
...

I gifted myself a Plam Treo 750 this week-end. It comes with Windows 6.0.

Till now my experiences with it are -

1. It is definitely much quicker than E61.
2. The interface is much more intuitive than Symbian's.
3. Browser is not as good as Symbian. There is no mouse pointer, links have to be cliccked by stylus; thus I can't surf with one hand.
4. Browser doesn't render pages well. Even my N73's browser renders pages much better than this. Moneycontrol and Orkut sites are absolutely unusable.
5. For some weird reason I am not able to login to icicibank.com; it says that lohin id/password wrong. But ICICIDirect working fine.
Congrats on the buy! The Treo is a good phone. Good to know the 750 comes with WiMo6 now. I thought they were still giving WiMo5.

I'd differ on point 2 (as far as getting into the settings are concerned), but that's just me. I love WiMo for the expansion possibilities and the close to unlimited availability of 3rd party SW.

The OE browser (Pocket IE) is pretty much useless. Opera Mini (free) is a much better option. An even better option is Opera Mobile 8.65 (priced SW). NetFront is also a good alternative option (but I prefer Opera).

PocketIE is pretty much useless wherever there is a bit of javascript involved. That must be the issue with ICICIDirect. Try downloading the demo of Opera Mobile 8.65 and you'll really see the difference!
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:51   #3014
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@ajo: if your company has Exchange, IMAP or POP access then BB will be a waste of money and simple EDGE/GPRS is good enough. Being in chennai your access to bandwidth is much better also.
I think so too! IMAP works great with Symbian. I forward all my key email to a gmail account and access email via IMAP on my E90. I've set the phone to download email every 15 minutes automatically. But, since the email app stays connected to the server all the time, a lot of emails get delivered on the phone almost simultaneously.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:30   #3015
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 613
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats on the buy! The Treo is a good phone. Good to know the 750 comes with WiMo6 now. I thought they were still giving WiMo5.

I'd differ on point 2 (as far as getting into the settings are concerned), but that's just me. I love WiMo for the expansion possibilities and the close to unlimited availability of 3rd party SW.

The OE browser (Pocket IE) is pretty much useless. Opera Mini (free) is a much better option. An even better option is Opera Mobile 8.65 (priced SW). NetFront is also a good alternative option (but I prefer Opera).

PocketIE is pretty much useless wherever there is a bit of javascript involved. That must be the issue with ICICIDirect. Try downloading the demo of Opera Mobile 8.65 and you'll really see the difference!
Thanx hydrashok,

I checked Opera Mobile 8.65 and found it costs USD 64; where Opera mini is free. Is Opera Mobile really worth 100o INR. What are the major differences between it and min. I tried to found through net but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Cheers

Nitin
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks