Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 23:10   #3316
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 925
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a PDA phone (primarily for business use) and need a few quick inputs. Following are 2 important criteria ..

1. QWERTY Keyboard
2. Windows OS

Windows OS since (a) have been using it for 3 years and am comfortable with it; and (b) like to keep my Contact List neatly categorized and in sync with my Outlook Address Book.

As of now I have shortlisted the following in order of preference ..

1. HTC TyTn II
2. HTC P4350

I have not seen these in person but people have told me that the TyTn is bulky .. is it true?

If any other OS (Symbian etc.) permits seamless integration with Windows Vista, I could look at them.
- How is the Communicator?
- I have heard Nokia has come out with a phone on Windows OS, true?

Please help me decide by the weekend !! .. Thanks
Manveet, if I were you, I would go for the TyTn II without a blink. The TyYn II is not bulky. You can cat a review here: Mobile-review.com Review of QWERTY-communicator HTC TyTN II

You will also get an idea of the size and will be in a better position to decide.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 07:42   #3317
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
How much can I expect for my used n70. Its not in that great condition externally (lot of scratches). The phone works fine and i am not selling it in a store but to an acquaintance.

No one knows ???
______________________________________________
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 10:42   #3318
BHPian
 
shyamhegde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 284
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Shyam, congratulations on the phone. The P526 is a very good phone and you need not worry, Asus is slowly but steadily making inroads in the PDA phone market. If you are comfortable with using Google Maps, then try MGMaps (Mobile GMaps - View maps from various sources on your mobile phone!)
Thanks Sumit. Thanks for the suggestion on using MGMaps.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 11:05   #3319
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,059
Thanked: 581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Manveet, if I were you, I would go for the TyTn II without a blink. The TyYn II is not bulky. You can cat a review here: Mobile-review.com Review of QWERTY-communicator HTC TyTN II

You will also get an idea of the size and will be in a better position to decide.
Thanks a ton for the Link. It was very informative and frankly speaking is giving me serious second thoughts regarding its suitability. Firstly, the keyboard doesn't seem too typing-friendly. Secondly, the size seems a tad larger than what I would like.

Can you please share a link for a similarly comprehensive Review of the Nokia E90 Black Edition.

Edit: Just had a look at a few pictures of the Black E90 0 very classy. Is it available in NCR and if yes, at what price point?

Last edited by manveet : 19th June 2008 at 11:13.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:09   #3320
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Thanks a ton for the Link. It was very informative and frankly speaking is giving me serious second thoughts regarding its suitability. Firstly, the keyboard doesn't seem too typing-friendly. Secondly, the size seems a tad larger than what I would like.

Can you please share a link for a similarly comprehensive Review of the Nokia E90 Black Edition.

Edit: Just had a look at a few pictures of the Black E90 0 very classy. Is it available in NCR and if yes, at what price point?
black one for 34 i think and normal for 31
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:25   #3321
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Thanks a ton for the Link. It was very informative and frankly speaking is giving me serious second thoughts regarding its suitability. Firstly, the keyboard doesn't seem too typing-friendly. Secondly, the size seems a tad larger than what I would like.

Can you please share a link for a similarly comprehensive Review of the Nokia E90 Black Edition.

Edit: Just had a look at a few pictures of the Black E90 0 very classy. Is it available in NCR and if yes, at what price point?
Check out GSMArena.com - GSM reviews, opinions, votes, manuals, ringtones and more...
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:27   #3322
Distinguished - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,867 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
No one knows ???
Best is to check with a mobile store what they will give for it if you want another phone in exchange. Multiply that by 1.3. It is very difficult to put a price on an old set otherwise, unlike for cars.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:38   #3323
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 925
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Sorry the reviews for the E90 Black Edition is not out yet on any of the regular sites. However, I found several reviews for the older E90.

Nokia E90 review: Heavyweight champion - GSMArena.com

Nokia E90 Communicator - Phone Reviews by Mobile Tech Review
Nokia E90 Black Edition pictures Symbian World (E90 Black Edition Pictures)
Nokia E90 All-Black Edition Available - Theoretically at least - Softpedia (Overview of the Black edition)

The E90 Black Edition is a better buy as compared to the older E90 as the new version has a flat keyboard which will not touch the screen.

Regarding the bulk of the TyTn II, you really need to hold the phone in person and only then can you decide. No amount of photos and reviews will help you to get an actual feel of the phone.

For me the killer phone would be the E90 with windows mobile as the operating system. That would really be the ultimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Thanks a ton for the Link. It was very informative and frankly speaking is giving me serious second thoughts regarding its suitability. Firstly, the keyboard doesn't seem too typing-friendly. Secondly, the size seems a tad larger than what I would like.
Can you please share a link for a similarly comprehensive Review of the Nokia E90 Black Edition.

Edit: Just had a look at a few pictures of the Black E90 0 very classy. Is it available in NCR and if yes, at what price point?
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:45   #3324
BHPian
 
woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I am looking for a new phone for my lady.

Basically, she wants:
- a sleek phone
- should not be slider
- should not be touchscreen
- should have basic features - a decent cam, music player, GPRS
- preferbly should be from nokia's stable

Budget is around 20 grands.

So far, we have shortlisted the following:
- the new Nokia N78 - has decent set of features, but is quite big/heavy
- Nokia E66 - has a slider

So you can see, we are not able to find a decent phone which can meet all her requirements. Please help.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:51   #3325
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,059
Thanked: 581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Didn't find the E90 Black Review here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
black one for 34 i think and normal for 31
A few quick calls are indicating that Black is ~35,700 best case here in Delhi. Same price for regular E90. I'd really appreciate if you could you please check again and let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Sorry the reviews for the E90 Black Edition is not out yet on any of the regular sites. However, I found several reviews for the older E90.

Nokia E90 review: Heavyweight champion - GSMArena.com

Nokia E90 Communicator - Phone Reviews by Mobile Tech Review
Nokia E90 Black Edition pictures Symbian World (E90 Black Edition Pictures)
Nokia E90 All-Black Edition Available - Theoretically at least - Softpedia (Overview of the Black edition)
Seen them all, that's why I asked

Quote:
The E90 Black Edition is a better buy as compared to the older E90 as the new version has a flat keyboard which will not touch the screen.
Yes, that's a huge plus. Therefore I'm only considering the Black.

Quote:
For me the killer phone would be the E90 with windows mobile as the operating system. That would really be the ultimate.
Amen.

Last edited by manveet : 19th June 2008 at 12:52.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 13:02   #3326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shillong
Posts: 925
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Manveet, have you tried the TyTn II in your hands? I say give it a shot and then decide! You can get a hands on review of the TyTn II on PPCSG - Pocket PC Singapore Community (Its a forum of PPC users in South East Asia).
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 13:41   #3327
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I am looking for a new phone for my lady.

Basically, she wants:
- a sleek phone
- should not be slider
- should not be touchscreen
- should have basic features - a decent cam, music player, GPRS
- preferbly should be from nokia's stable

Budget is around 20 grands.

So far, we have shortlisted the following:
- the new Nokia N78 - has decent set of features, but is quite big/heavy
- Nokia E66 - has a slider

So you can see, we are not able to find a decent phone which can meet all her requirements. Please help.
Have you checked out Nokia 5610? Although it is slider but worth the money. Else E51 rocks
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 16:03   #3328
BHPian
 
sans33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 82
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Internet explorer on my windows mobile 6 device is not connecting to internet.Every time,I try to access any site,it says- 'The address is not valid.Check the address and try again.'
Opera browser on same device is working perfectly.Any help from expert users is welcome.I'm newbie for windows mobile phones.

Last edited by sans33 : 19th June 2008 at 16:05.
sans33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 22:31   #3329
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,490
Thanked: 6,768 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans33 View Post
Internet explorer on my windows mobile 6 device is not connecting to internet.Every time,I try to access any site,it says- 'The address is not valid.Check the address and try again.'
Opera browser on same device is working perfectly.Any help from expert users is welcome.I'm newbie for windows mobile phones.
Check connection settings, and see if the correct settings are assigned for internet usage. Then do a soft reset and see. Sometimes installing Opera screws up default settings for PIE.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 22:50   #3330
BHPian
 
markiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 183
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Got my new handset Nokia N81 day before yesterday. Quite feature rich for the price!
Great graphics in the 3D games as well!

Any fellow N81 users around??? where can I get some good software/themes for the phone? 1 good site I know of is zedge.net for themes
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks