Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 18:38   #3976
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Guys Please Help - Nokia9500 Needs Attention

9500 is a Business phone and original casing will cost not less than 3500. The 1800 quote could be imitation pieces that work until you reach home back from the shop.Unless you find a place where they replace your casing with an old original from a defunct piece that they posses, Id say stick to the Nokia care center.

The data ribbon is not part of the Casing.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 21:33   #3977
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,214
Thanked: 533 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Guys need help from you all coz am gonna pick up a new phone.My N70 has decided to stop working and guess its time I flush this piece of junk in the commode.

I have zeroed down on the HTC touch and the HTC P3300. What would your recommendation be ? I will be using maps on the phone too.
As suggested already try E71. Very nice phone IMO.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 22:33   #3978
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

guys I needed another phone in the family - so gave the viewty to my dad and got the htc diamond.
I was looking at omnia - but the 16gb is not available and I thought why compromise on the 8gb for 33k when I can get the diamond for 26k and enjoy the UI till a worthy camera-biz windows phone comes out from htc

Now I am surprised that the diamond in india has no front camera and yeah I think no 3g or hspda support. Any inputs on this ?? I figure some people here bought the diamond - do you guys have a front camera?
Battery life sucks like anything - down in 2 hrs on google maps and gps. I can barely make it last a full day.

So i figured i need to get a car charger asap and an a2dp receiver which plugs into my car aux-in for music and calls (while charging). Haven't found such a bluetooth receiver yet which plugs into car stereo 3.5mm aux in. ANy ideas ??

The camera 3.2MP is ok dokie in day light - however nothing compared to viewty 5MP - as there is no flash or ISO settings and shots taken even in anthing lower than a well-lit room will be dissappointing. Anyone has positive experiences with the camera ??

Overall its a really awesome UI but on only partially good hardware - thats it - its a bridging phone and I don't expect to use it once 3g and video calling comes to india.

Last edited by jassi : 31st October 2008 at 22:38.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:14   #3979
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Any news on the availability of the nokia xpressmusic 5800?? With the host of features it has, it's pretty tempting at the speculated price of 20K INR.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:24   #3980
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hey,
Any idea how we can uninstall themes from the N82 ?

Thanks,
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:51   #3981
BHPian
 
Raja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 414
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hey,
Any idea how we can uninstall themes from the N82 ?
Thanks,
If your having problems removing them with standard uninstall, follow the instructions this website:
Uninstalling Themes on S60 3rd Edition: Nokia S60 News and Reviews
Good Luck
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:38   #3982
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 1,900 Times
Default

Guys, can someone provide me with contact details number/email of a senior Nokia person?

I am facing severe problems with the 6500classic. The phone is very much under warranty just a few months old and had a hardware problem. Hence they got the entire motherboard changed as the on/off switch stopped working. I got this done under warranty from the Nokia center at lower parel.
The back panel of my repaired phone was chipped badly, it was in perfect condition when i gave it to them. Went back and demanded a replacement this time, after much delay and trips to the service center I got a new 6500classic.
Now barely a month since the replacement the phone refuses to turn off...it seems like a design defect since this is the second time the same problem has occurred on two separate phones. I even heard that from several retailers that the 6500c production was halted or stopped due to several defects.
I don't want to be stuck with the lemon model, I rather pay the difference and get a better phone or a refund.

Would be great if there is someone I can contact to resolve this.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:43   #3983
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Guys, can someone provide me with contact details number/email of a senior Nokia person?

I am facing severe problems with the 6500classic. The phone is very much under warranty just a few months old and had a hardware problem. Hence they got the entire motherboard changed as the on/off switch stopped working. I got this done under warranty from the Nokia center at lower parel.
The back panel of my repaired phone was chipped badly, it was in perfect condition when i gave it to them. Went back and demanded a replacement this time, after much delay and trips to the service center I got a new 6500classic.
Now barely a month since the replacement the phone refuses to turn off...it seems like a design defect since this is the second time the same problem has occurred on two separate phones. I even heard that from several retailers that the 6500c production was halted or stopped due to several defects.
I don't want to be stuck with the lemon model, I rather pay the difference and get a better phone or a refund.

Would be great if there is someone I can contact to resolve this.
OT - Sahil, do you also think the Lower Parel Nokia Care center is incompetent? I am asking because I also have to give one of my phones for repair to them.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:09   #3984
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 1,900 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
OT - Sahil, do you also think the Lower Parel Nokia Care center is incompetent? I am asking because I also have to give one of my phones for repair to them.
I haven't been there personally, my office chap took the phone each time. But they take a long time to get stuff done, several visits and phone calls were needed to get the job done.
But we don't have a choice either, thats the only place to get major repairs done under warranty by Nokia.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:26   #3985
BHPian
 
nawabnabeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 194
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

guys what is the matter with the n78? today i searched 4-5 shops in vashi but nobody had a single piece in stock. a shopkeeper even asked me to go for a different model. whats going on isnt the phone good? pls help i need to buy a phone soon
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 01:39   #3986
BHPian
 
austere_sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 285
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I am planning to get Sony Ericsson G502. Feature wise its good and I also checked a dummy phone at Hotspot. They didn't have any working unit. So any first hand experience for it would be really helpful.
austere_sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 01:37   #3987
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Red face

is anyone using google maps here (specifically windows mobile) and having problems with india map. Basically whole of indian subcontinent is missing in regular map view (only satellite view is visible). This has started just today on my htc diamond and samsung i600 winmo phones (iphone works fine).

Can anyone else with winmo try the regular map (not satellite) for india on google maps. "My location" feature works fine with and without gps, its just the missing map issue for only indian subcontinent. I tried re-installing, resetting and even hard-resetting to no avail. Its like they suddenly wiped out india from google maps.

Last edited by jassi : 9th November 2008 at 01:38.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 09:18   #3988
BHPian
 
motorheadinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: University of Bath
Posts: 282
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Anyone has any Idea when the Nokia 5800 (aka Tube) will be released in india and at what price.
The phone seems to have all that i need and will fit the budget if they price it under 20k.

In case it will take long I will need to buy a standby fone as I have given my current phone to dad. any recommendations on the cheapest (colour+fm+mp3) phone from nokia .
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 10:44   #3989
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,488
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I am planning to get Sony Ericsson G502. Feature wise its good and I also checked a dummy phone at Hotspot. They didn't have any working unit. So any first hand experience for it would be really helpful.

This is a pretty good phone. Really light and the o/s is really fast. Only issue is the shape of the keys so when you place it face down it starts to get scratched very easily so get a phone cover or something

You can head over to the SE webbie where they have a virtual phone you can try out too
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 17:11   #3990
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
is anyone using google maps here (specifically windows mobile) and having problems with india map. Basically whole of indian subcontinent is missing in regular map view (only satellite view is visible). This has started just today on my htc diamond and samsung i600 winmo phones (iphone works fine).

Can anyone else with winmo try the regular map (not satellite) for india on google maps. "My location" feature works fine with and without gps, its just the missing map issue for only indian subcontinent. I tried re-installing, resetting and even hard-resetting to no avail. Its like they suddenly wiped out india from google maps.
looks like i am not the only one with that issue
Indian Subcontinent gone missing in google mobile maps - Google Maps for mobile | Google Groups

Last edited by jassi : 9th November 2008 at 17:19.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks