Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2006, 23:06   #436
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_on_wheels
Hey devarshi,
Since u were talking about smartphones,I just wanted to know if the sony ericsson 910i,900,w600i & w800i fell into this category....
I'm going to buy one of these very soon...

sonyericsson p910i and 900 are both smartphones. They use the the symbian OS platform for their phones.

w600i and w800i are not smartphones as their OS is proprietary developed by Sonyericsson and is not open-end except for the java core.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 23:24   #437
BHPian
 
Rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 350
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Any idea when is SE 990 releasing?? I heard its coming next month... Is that true?
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2006, 23:45   #438
BHPian
 
IndianDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 95
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i asked today only even i am tired using p910i now and i decided to buy p990i and i asked the guy from the shop at irla(vile-parle,mumbai) he said 1st week of feb it will be out and when i asked the price i was totally suprised he said between 25-30

oh yes those sony ericsson lovers and my fellow mates and my fellow nokia enemies (sorry man hate nokia) this is the review of sony ericsson p990i i must say the best review of this cell phone

http://www.bengalboy.com/modules/new...#forumpost2337

And also First spy shots of P970/P980



http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/1...s-of-p970p980/

The first ideas about a smaller, cheaper P990 (call it P970″ or P980″) involved the lack of the Qwerty keyboard and the resulting reduction in size, but new spyshots of the external case of what could the final design or just a prototype prove that well still have a Qwerty keyboard under the screen, with wiser arrangement of the number keys. Even so, shots comparing it to a W800 show it is indeed smaller than a P990, and a lot slimmer. The lack of 3G and WiFi must have helped, I wonder what other features are going to be downgraded. The JogDial and QVGA touchscreen seem to be there, at least. Click through for all the pics.[Via Gsmport.hu, thanks Johannes for the tip]source: clubsonyericsson.comsweet but i am least intrested in p970/p980 but i have to tell sony ericsson all cell phones i love them they are far better than nokia iv been using t200,t68i,t610,k700i and now using p910i i have loved all of them and now hoping to buy p990i

Last edited by IndianDawg : 21st January 2006 at 00:04.
IndianDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2006, 03:20   #439
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
i asked today only even i am tired using p910i now and i decided to buy p990i and i asked the guy from the shop at irla(vile-parle,mumbai) he said 1st week of feb it will be out and when i asked the price i was totally suprised he said between 25-30

oh yes those sony ericsson lovers and my fellow mates and my fellow nokia enemies (sorry man hate nokia) this is the review of sony ericsson p990i i must say the best review of this cell phone

http://www.bengalboy.com/modules/new...#forumpost2337

And also First spy shots of P970/P980



http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/1...s-of-p970p980/

The first ideas about a smaller, cheaper P990 (call it P970″ or P980″) involved the lack of the Qwerty keyboard and the resulting reduction in size, but new spyshots of the external case of what could the final design or just a prototype prove that well still have a Qwerty keyboard under the screen, with wiser arrangement of the number keys. Even so, shots comparing it to a W800 show it is indeed smaller than a P990, and a lot slimmer. The lack of 3G and WiFi must have helped, I wonder what other features are going to be downgraded. The JogDial and QVGA touchscreen seem to be there, at least. Click through for all the pics.[Via Gsmport.hu, thanks Johannes for the tip]source: clubsonyericsson.comsweet but i am least intrested in p970/p980 but i have to tell sony ericsson all cell phones i love them they are far better than nokia iv been using t200,t68i,t610,k700i and now using p910i i have loved all of them and now hoping to buy p990i

according to a reputed website p970 wont be released in that version.

here is a p990 pic



and here is the p970 pic alongwith the p990





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo
Any idea when is SE 990 releasing?? I heard its coming next month... Is that true?

dont expect it before march. the launch has been delayed as Sonyericsson is busy meeting the high demands for the walkman phones.

btw: I like the p970 more the p990.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2006, 13:21   #440
BHPian
 
IndianDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 95
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
according to a reputed website p970 wont be released in that version.

here is a p990 pic



and here is the p970 pic alongwith the p990








dont expect it before march. the launch has been delayed as Sonyericsson is busy meeting the high demands for the walkman phones.

btw: I like the p970 more the p990.
the pic which you showed of p970 thats a very old spy pic and the black one is the new spy pic.p970 wont be having 3g and wifi so for me it dosnt makes sense to buy i will go for p990i
IndianDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 02:30   #441
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
the pic which you showed of p970 thats a very old spy pic and the black one is the new spy pic.p970 wont be having 3g and wifi so for me it dosnt makes sense to buy i will go for p990i

The phone I showed is supposedly the p970. The black phone shown is supposedly the wilma series successor like the k800i and walkman series phones. The same reason why it shows alongwith the walkman series phones in the pics. also the image looks to be digitized in the pic here.(where are the call handling buttons???)









http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/1...s-of-p970p980/

This combo atleast look like p-series successors.



also scoop sonyericsson w1000 spied.


Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd January 2006 at 02:40.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 02:58   #442
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

i am using o2 mini .was using sony ericsson p800 before.i just love the o2.it runs on windows 2003 se.has a 1.3 megapixel camera.the sound clarity is amazing.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 03:19   #443
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
i am using o2 mini .was using sony ericsson p800 before.i just love the o2.it runs on windows 2003 se.has a 1.3 megapixel camera.the sound clarity is amazing.

O2 mini is indeed a good phone. You have used a symbian pda before and now are using a windows pda. try using a linux the next time. A new palm smartphone is due now as treo 650 is just ousted by the competition.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 05:10   #444
BHPian
 
IndianDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 95
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

some how i like uiq more than windows. Am not that comfortable with windows so good iv used o2 xda IIs for 3 days and i was like *** is this lol
IndianDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2006, 05:57   #445
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

hey thanx devarshi84,btw wil it be launched in india and wen and how much?
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 03:10   #446
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
hey thanx devarshi84,btw wil it be launched in india and wen and how much?

Expect p990 between now and summer

expect p970 to come before diwali .
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 02:59   #447
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

New linux device on the anvil from motorola. It is the successor to the famous linux smartphone motorola A780. expected to be up for sale in US around March2006.

the new device also mixes the razR line with to the linux smartphone.



linux OS
business card scanner
MS office reader
mere 95grams of weight
262k tft colour touchscreen with handwriting recognition
1.3/2 mp camera
intel pxa 270 cpu
bluetooth with stereo headset profile
specially built for A1200 opera browser

Last edited by devarshi84 : 24th January 2006 at 03:00.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 12:30   #448
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,825
Thanked: 1,456 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
the sound clarity is amazing.
???????? The sound clarity of the O2 Mini/iMate JAM was the BIGGEST issue with that line. It known for having BAD sound, an issue that they STILL havent sorted out despite releasing a series of fixes for it.

Of all the devices I've used so far, the JAM has by far been the best in terms of size, utility and features. All it lacks is 3G, WiFi and an FM Radio - these have been addressed in the new O2 Atom (except 3G), but it comes with a much slower processor (about 1/4 the speed of the original) and is therefore that much less usable.

I'm confused right now - I cant find the right upgrade to move from the JAM. I'll stick to my battered JAM till I find the right one.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 08:05   #449
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
???????? The sound clarity of the O2 Mini/iMate JAM was the BIGGEST issue with that line. It known for having BAD sound, an issue that they STILL havent sorted out despite releasing a series of fixes for it.

Of all the devices I've used so far, the JAM has by far been the best in terms of size, utility and features. All it lacks is 3G, WiFi and an FM Radio - these have been addressed in the new O2 Atom (except 3G), but it comes with a much slower processor (about 1/4 the speed of the original) and is therefore that much less usable.

I'm confused right now - I cant find the right upgrade to move from the JAM. I'll stick to my battered JAM till I find the right one.

If listening to music is your priority then try out the e680i once. Its got the linux power and those stereo speakers are amazing.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 06:02   #450
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

ok guys i need help in selecting a phone.priorities are

1) Good Camera.
2) Good Speaker for music.(clarity wise)
3) Upgradable memory.
4) User Friendly.

at first i was thinking about the O2. the atom is out of my budget.thought about the mini but ive got mixed comments about it.as you see i dont really need a pda type phone was just thinking about the O2 cause it has a really good cam.

any way i just thought about the sone ericson k750i.its got a 2.0 mpix cam which is excellent.i think its got a decent speaker.dont know any thin else bout it so can some one who owns it tell me how it is.


Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks