Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 9th April 2010, 15:37   #6076
Distinguished - BHPian

I always wanted to ask this, can you put a screen/scratch guard cover on a touch phone? Wouldnt it affect its working?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 15:45   #6077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I always wanted to ask this, can you put a screen/scratch guard cover on a touch phone? Wouldnt it affect its working?
It is always preferable to put on a screen guard since it is a touch phone.
It is working fine with mine.
Pancham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 15:48   #6078
BHPian

Quote:
I'm no expert, just telling from personal experience.

Resistive touch screens are not really touch sensitive, they are actually press sensitive. So it should be possible to put a scratch guard over resistive touch screens. The effort required to register a touch (press) may increase because of the scratch guard.

@ pancham - kindly confirm the above.

Capacitive touch screens are more sensitive, not sure if scratch guards would work on them.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 15:56   #6079
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Rohan & Pancham.
Quote:
The effort required to register a touch (press) may increase because of the scratch guard.
Yes thats what even my understanding is, I wanted to know, to what extent is the effort to touch gets changed.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th April 2010 at 15:59.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:05   #6080
Senior - BHPian

The screen guard does affect the sensitivity. Most scratches happen during non-use of the phone (in pocket etc). Its better to have a good pouch and not use the screen guard.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:44   #6081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Resistive touch screens are not really touch sensitive, they are actually press sensitive. So it should be possible to put a scratch guard over resistive touch screens. The effort required to register a touch (press) may increase because of the scratch guard.

Capacitive touch screens are more sensitive, not sure if scratch guards would work on them.

Rohan

Quote:
Thanks Rohan & Pancham.

Yes thats what even my understanding is, I wanted to know, to what extent is the effort to touch gets changed.
This is the first time I am owning a touch phone. I would say I am over-satisfied with the touch experience. What I am using is a magnetic screen guard. I think that is what is making the touch experience so good.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:43   #6082
BHPian

Hey, what's the approx price for Samsung Jet, here in Mumbai? I am getting a quote of 14k
aman9393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 20:14   #6083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Hey, what's the approx price for Samsung Jet, here in Mumbai? I am getting a quote of 14k
I bought a jet last week for Rs 14,180 in Hyderabad.
drvhplyevraftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 20:31   #6084
BHPian

How did you find it overall?
Have read that it's starts lagging a bit when Music is playing.
aman9393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 19:53   #6085
Senior - BHPian

I have a one year old Nokia6300;it is showing two black lines across the display;what could this be due to?and what is the solution?

I have a feeling the LCD display has developed an issue; experts,please advise
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 08:10   #6086
BHPian

can any one pleas tell me that is Nokia 5230 available in the market now as someone told me the its no more on the market. if it is there in market then pleas tell me its price and where the phone stands in terms of reliability and is Nokia 5235 launched in India ? if yes then at what price ?
sorry for long post
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 23:19   #6087
BHPian

Yes the 5230 is available again.Its a very good phone go for it. I got it for 8300. But it is also available for 8099. The above prices are all quoted by nokia priority dealers.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:35   #6088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Any news on the HTC HD2, there is no stock in any of the mobile shops and they say it will not come any more. Only 3 mobiles were left in Univercell (all branches) and that too sold off and I missed that opportunity. Any problem with the phone or the production is delayed ?
I ordered from clove.co.uk. Right now its selling at 419 GBP including shipping charges to India. I am using this phone for 4 months. So far no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Windows Phone 7 announced. All previous OS/ software programs useless.

Wonder, what fate has in store for HD2.
HD2 specs can run Windows Phone 7. But so far, this is the latest news: http://www.slashgear.com/htc-hd2-win...blame-0176057/ - Microsoft not keen on supporting this phone, since it has 5 buttons on front panel . Windows Phone 7 specify only 3 buttons on front panel.

Last edited by msdivy : 11th April 2010 at 23:40.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 06:31   #6089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
Quote:
Thanks Rohan & Pancham.

I put the protective screen on my Iphone 3GS a couple of months back and have no problems what so ever. I used the Al-cheapo stuff sold in any mobile phone shop.

PS: Its a pain in the bum to put it on a touch screen. you have to shape the protective layer (for speaker holes and home button) before your stick it on. Takes time and patience. Also test before you completely cover the screen as some phone like I phone don't work with a stylus, it only works with human touch. Phones like Nokia N97 are stylus friendly and don't know how would it behave with a layer on screen.

Regards
Punzabi
Punzabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 07:52   #6090
Senior - BHPian

Guys need help. I want to buy a phone with a very good camera on it. have seen the pixon 12 and the satio. The satio looks much better and prefer it to the pixon. But I personally never liked Sony mobiles. Just wanted to know if Nokia is going to come out soon with a 12mp camera phone in the near future ? if so any pictures ?
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote