Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 09:58   #6256
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,487
Thanked: 1,173 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
And the smooth high quality HD video capture: 720p at 60 frames per second sets new paradigms of expectation for the entire camera phone market.
Correction, 720p video capture is at 25 fps.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 10:35   #6257
BHPian
 
Car-e-ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 222
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Guys I have a problem, My Nokia 5610 music phone's battery (BP-5M) has suddenly bulged so much so that I'm unable to close the back cover on it. It has bulged in the center of the battery on both the sides. It still works though.
What could the problem be ?
Dude change the battery as soon as possible. Its very very unsafe. The battery looks small but they can incurr a lot of damage.
Car-e-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:47   #6258
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli/Gurgao
Posts: 2,603
Thanked: 1,121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Since people seem to be running after mobiles for their cameras, what is your experience with "shutter lag:?
The shutter lag is irritating in the digital cameras. I purchased a used Nikon FE film SLR last year and one of the features I like about it is no shutter lag. I have used a few digicams before it (not the DSLRs) and the lag was pretty much a spoiler for capturing natural moments. In an event or family gathering, you compose a shot of people and just as you click the shutter, one of the people moves about and the lag captures the movement, not the shot composed when you clicked the shutter.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:21   #6259
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,167
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Has anyone got Android 2.1 for their Samsung Galaxy Spica phone? I am thinking of buying this phone. Is there any other user here other than frank? Is that a good phone?

The second model I am considering is Samsung Monte (3G, Wifi, GPS, capacitive touch screen etc.) for around 8.5 k. Has anyone used this phone?

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:36   #6260
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,217 Times
Default

The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread - Mobile Phones | TechEnclave

Here you go mate. An entire thread dedicated to this phone ;-)
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:22   #6261
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,941
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Now from a minnow, I just got my Micromax Q5 two days back.

It is a dual sim QWERTY keypad, 2MP camera, Yamaha audio processor and EDGE.

The build, fit and finish is surprisingly good for an Indian phone. The keys are also well laid out.

I will update on the performance in the days to come.

Picture from internet:
Any updates on Micromax Q5 ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:19   #6262
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 168
Thanked: Once
Default Samsung Galaxy I7500 price slashed...is this OK with 528 MHz

Samsung Galaxy I7500 price slashed. Now in chennai it is priced at 15k with tax . along with 3 reebok freebies. (About 40% slashed )
Though it has 5 megapixel, 8GB inbuilt and AMOLED screen - Samsung Galaxy spica has better processor at 800 MHZ whereas I7500 has 528 MHz processor and Internal memory of I7500 is 128 MB RAM and spica is at 180 MB .spica is getting upgraded to V2.1 Eclair.

Looking for opinion on this and any first hand review for GALAZY I7500. By the way in chennai spica is available for about 12600 to 12700.
shapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:29   #6263
Ram
Senior - BHPian
 
Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore, Mumbai, Nagpur
Posts: 2,164
Thanked: 139 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The shutter lag is irritating in the digital cameras. I purchased a used Nikon FE film SLR last year and one of the features I like about it is no shutter lag.

honeybee
, I too have a nice black Nikon FE2 that I purchased new from
San Jose Camera & Video, Winchester Blvd, Campbell, CA 95008 in January 1985. Those were great days with film and processing available at every street corner.

Until 1995, the only photographic medium accepted for serious publishing
was color transparency film (E-6 or K-14). It was widely used in commercial and ad photography, reporting, sports, stock, and nature photography. Digital media have gradually phased out transparency film in these applications.

In June 2009, driven by declining demand, Eastman Kodak Co. announced the end of Kodachrome K-14 film production.

Digital Cameras have nearly obliterated sale of 135(ISO 1007) film cartridges. The same goes for labs processing E6 slide film and even C41 chemistry color-negative film.

The Nikons, Canons and Leicas of the world have drifted to digital.

As of 2010, Canon USA no longer lists the EOS-1v on their website. The era of Canon EOS film cameras has ended. Even Leica introduced their digital Leica M8 rangefinder in 2007. By March 25, 2009, Leica discontinued their R9 film SLR and R-series lenses.

Where can one buy the C41 or E6 films and where can one get them processed these days??? Times have changed forever !

Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:03   #6264
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Has anyone got Android 2.1 for their Samsung Galaxy Spica phone? I am thinking of buying this phone. Is there any other user here other than frank? Is that a good phone?

The second model I am considering is Samsung Monte (3G, Wifi, GPS, capacitive touch screen etc.) for around 8.5 k. Has anyone used this phone?

-Biju
Well I'm using the Spica for around 10 days now and I can tell you the phone is simply superb for the price !! I usually get bored with a new phone within a week, but this phone never stops surprising me! I used to struggle earlier with email, gmail and messenger on my E63, but on this phone everything is so seamless ! I used third party apps to sync facebook contacts to my phone contacts. Using facebook and other social apps are also a fantastic experience on this phone. Symbian just feels lifeless after using Android ! Browsing is very good and DivX, GPS and WiFi are icing on the cake! Or should I say Cupcake till we get the Eclair

Simply put, this phone is better than the 20k range androids out there. Highly Recommended !!

Edit: I would also like to mention to whomsoever it might concern - Airtel has a new GPRS plan at Rs.98 per month with 2GB cap and 30ps/50kb after that. Very good package for light to medium users. just an FYI note.

Last edited by NIP : 3rd May 2010 at 11:09.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:14   #6265
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

Can ANYONE makes sense of this announcement?

Nokia X2 lands on Indian soil | Stock Watch
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:22   #6266
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,167
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread - Mobile Phones | TechEnclave

Here you go mate. An entire thread dedicated to this phone ;-)
Thank you for the link. I think, I will go ahead and pick this phone today. I wanted to confirm with RAZA electronics (Samsung customer service) if they are providing the 2.1 upgrade. Saw that news on a forum. But Samsung customer care told me that the upgrade is still to come to India and might take a couple of more months.

The new Galaxy S looks super cool (1 GHz processor with Super AMOLED screen) but it will be priced around 30k I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Well I'm using the Spica for around 10 days now and I can tell you the phone is simply superb for the price !! I usually get bored with a new phone within a week, but this phone never stops surprising me! I used to struggle earlier with email, gmail and messenger on my E63, but on this phone everything is so seamless ! I used third party apps to sync facebook contacts to my phone contacts. Using facebook and other social apps are also a fantastic experience on this phone. Symbian just feels lifeless after using Android ! Browsing is very good and DivX, GPS and WiFi are icing on the cake! Or should I say Cupcake till we get the Eclair

Simply put, this phone is better than the 20k range androids out there. Highly Recommended !!

Edit: I would also like to mention to whomsoever it might concern - Airtel has a new GPRS plan at Rs.98 per month with 2GB cap and 30ps/50kb after that. Very good package for light to medium users. just an FYI note.
Thank you NIP. Have you used the GPS? I think there is no voice guidance, right? I need to see if Idea (my service provider) has any good GPRS plan.

Last edited by pjbiju : 3rd May 2010 at 11:24.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:29   #6267
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Thank you for the link. I think, I will go ahead and pick this phone today. I wanted to confirm with RAZA electronics (Samsung customer service) if they are providing the 2.1 upgrade. Saw that news on a forum. But Samsung customer care told me that the upgrade is still to come to India and might take a couple of more months.

The new Galaxy S looks super cool (1 GHz processor with Super AMOLED screen) but it will be priced around 30k I think.



Thank you NIP. Have you used the GPS? I think there is no voice guidance, right? I need to see if Idea (my service provider) has any good GPRS plan.
Well I have mapmyindia on Sygic Maps on my phone with all India maps with complete voice guidance. Works like a charm ! If you want to know how to install, PM me and I will guide you.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:00   #6268
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Can ANYONE makes sense of this announcement?

Nokia X2 lands on Indian soil | Stock Watch
What is so shocking about this ?

X2 looks like a basic quadband phone with a 5MP camera. It won't have Carl Zeiss optics or auto focus.

I really doubt that the image quality of this 5MP camera would be any better than that of 3.2MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics and autofocus.

Nokia 5130 XM has similar specs, except for a 2MP camera instead of 5MP camera in X2. If 5130 can sell at 5K, why not X2 ?

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:18   #6269
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
What is so shocking about this ?
1. It is on a site purportedly devoted to stocks and sheres.

2. It is about a mobile phone.

3. The mobile phone manufacturer is not quoted or listed in India.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:36   #6270
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
1. It is on a site purportedly devoted to stocks and sheres.

2. It is about a mobile phone.

3. The mobile phone manufacturer is not quoted or listed in India.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I thought that people were shocked at the pricing of the product.

Or, may be, the experts related to this website feel that the announcement of this product would have drastic effect on the share prices of Nokia.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks