Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 11:53   #6631
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a simple touch-screen phone.

I am not a gadget freak guy, i just need

1) Good phone which can store 300+ numbers,
2) Have a decent battery life that can last me for over a day and half.
3) Must have a 3MP camera with a FLASH (Most important)
4) Must support Internet access to G-mail + Formula1 + T-BHP
5) Must have GPS
6) Must not be over 10K in price

Please guide and suggest me one.

Thanks in advance
As far as I know, there is no model within 10K which satisfies all the above requirements. You will have to increase your budget slightly or make a compromise on some feature. I can suggest few models:

Nokia 5230
+ves: 3.2 inch screen, GPS with navigation, 3G
-ves: basic 2 MP camera, no video calling, no wifi

Samsung Monte
+ves: GPS, 3G, video calling, wifi, capacitive touch screen, good battery backup
-ves: no flash, no QWERTY

Samsung Star
+ves: 3.2 MP camera with flash, good battery backup, wifi option available
-ves: no 3G, no video calling, no GPS

LG cookie / cookie pep
More or less similar to Samsung Star

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 13:30   #6632
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a simple touch-screen phone.

I am not a gadget freak guy, i just need

1) Good phone which can store 300+ numbers,
2) Have a decent battery life that can last me for over a day and half.
3) Must have a 3MP camera with a FLASH (Most important)
4) Must support Internet access to G-mail + Formula1 + T-BHP
5) Must have GPS
6) Must not be over 10K in price

Please guide and suggest me one.

Thanks in advance
Top-up a couple of thousands and go for Nokia 5800. Its got everything you are looking for.
nithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:34   #6633
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Top-up a couple of thousands and go for Nokia 5800. Its got everything you are looking for.

Last time I visited E-zone they were offering 5800 for 10K.

X6 is 5800's replacement, but costs 5K extra.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:42   #6634
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Guys - any update on the launch of Nokia E5?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 23:14   #6635
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

hey, my dad needs a dual SIM phone. primary requirement is an easy to use interface. hence, he prefers nokia. does nokia make dual sim phones?

else, which is a good phone within 15k?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 23:22   #6636
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey, my dad needs a dual SIM phone. primary requirement is an easy to use interface. hence, he prefers nokia. does nokia make dual sim phones?

else, which is a good phone within 15k?
NOKIA until now hasn't come up with a phone with dual SIM features and I hope it does not.

within 15K, X6 is the best phone Nokia has come up with but supports only single SIM. However, am not sure if this phone is 'Daddy' material.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 23:36   #6637
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Thanks for the fast response buddy.

My dad strictly needs a dual sim phones. within 15k, which other phones {from other manufacturers} are good enough?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 00:45   #6638
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 1,010
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

I am tired of using E61 i and E 75. Looking for a change. Any recommendation on Nokia PDA or E phones or any other good one with 3 G or 4 g compatibility.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 00:59   #6639
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I am tired of using E61 i and E 75. Looking for a change. Any recommendation on Nokia PDA or E phones or any other good one with 3 G or 4 g compatibility.
E71 is available for around 12.5K and E72 is for 16.x K
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 02:26   #6640
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Consumer Reports Drops iPhone 4 Recommendation, Apple Deletes Discussion Threads

DailyTech - UPDATE: Consumer Reports Drops iPhone 4 Recommendation, Apple Deletes Discussion Threads
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 08:05   #6641
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kollam, Kerala
Posts: 368
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Thanks for the fast response buddy.

My dad strictly needs a dual sim phones. within 15k, which other phones {from other manufacturers} are good enough?
Recently had seen advertisement of Nokia dual sim phones but they were mostly cheap models. On googling, found this. Nokia India - Nokia C2-00 - Products
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 08:56   #6642
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Thanks a lot janitha. though i think this phone is a little too basic (no colour display & VGA camera) but i think my dad atleast has an option in nokia.

i think samsung too has a dual SIM phone? any idea about the model? does sony have a dual sim?
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:01   #6643
BHPian
 
hemanthisgreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 587
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

i think samsung too has a dual SIM phone? any idea about the model? does sony have a dual sim?
Samsung has good options for dual sim phones. A few high end ones too.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:59   #6644
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Last time I visited E-zone they were offering 5800 for 10K.

X6 is 5800's replacement, but costs 5K extra.
I think you got it confused with 5530, it looks similar to 5800. 5530 costs 10K approx.

5800 costs 13.5K, X6 costs 15.5K in Bangalore. The difference is only 2K.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 10:29   #6645
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i think samsung too has a dual SIM phone? any idea about the model? does sony have a dual sim?
Take a look:

Dual Sim Phone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

They had a fourth model, cannot see it now, though!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks