Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 17:26   #9451
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Here's one good cover. Unfortunately can't find anything similar for my phone, A100.

Shankar/Others,
A friend is trying to decide between Asha 311 & 303. Any feedback on how these phones are, or any Asha (series) phone. Please do provide your inputs.
Suits my mum fine because she only makes calls, sends a lot of texts and takes photos with her mobile. Does not use the phone for browsing and other app heavy functionality.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 17:41   #9452
BHPian
 
Abeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UP-16
Posts: 200
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Oh, you are lucky then, to be able to get a piece when you want.

Yes, a stock ROM upgrade to V2 has been effected on the phone, from the factory [for the fresh pieces]. Internal storage [where apps save, default] is now 1.48GB [from 0.5GB] and internal SD card is now 1.05GB [reduced from 2.05GB].

Get that phone soon.
I got my phone delivered via Flipkart today morning. Have not got time to unpack and explore it.
How does one identify whether the phone is v2?
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 22:50   #9453
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Is it sensible to buy XOLO X900 @ 17k?

MM A110 was the first shortlist, but slowly moved away. but looking to the review i think i should pick A110
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 01:00   #9454
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 139
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
How much did you get for Samsung Omnia W ?

I too have Samsung Omnia W and thinking of Micromax A110.
I sold it for 11K 4 months old Cell. No one is ready to buy Windows Phone due to lack of File Transfer through Bluetooth . Finally, had to give an option to the buyer to pay in 3EMI. He has given me 2 post dated cheque's and 3K down payment
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 10:33   #9455
Senior - BHPian
 
k_ajay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 448 Times
Post re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I got my phone delivered via Flipkart today morning. Have not got time to unpack and explore it.
How does one identify whether the phone is v2?
You can see internal storage having 1.48GB of total storage space and internal SD card having 1.05GB of total storage space. This is the easiet way to identify if the stock rom V2 upgrade has been done for your phone.

It should likely be, if it has been December manufactured, I would guess.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 12:12   #9456
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Any good Android between 10k to 15k Max. The phone will be for my wife as her current phone (Non Android) has started behaving weirdly.

Usage pattern in a day

1. 20-25 minutes calling
2. 4-5 messages
3. Clicking snaps (A good Camera)
4. Whats app
5. FB
6. Some Games - occasionally

I have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy S duos which retails now at 14900/- with price reduction (also it will be getting JB update as per Samsung).

My sister is using the same cell from past two months and she is very much happy with it.

Any other options - I am open to Sony and HTC (No Windows phone as I am using one and she finds is difficult to operate)

Will be buying it tonight

Last edited by driving_smartly : 1st January 2013 at 12:15.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 12:19   #9457
Senior - BHPian
 
9thsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,043
Thanked: 438 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Any good Android between 10k to 15k Max. The phone will be for my wife as her current phone (Non Android) has started behaving weirdly.

Usage pattern in a day

1. 20-25 minutes calling
2. 4-5 messages
3. Clicking snaps (A good Camera)
4. Whats app
5. FB
6. Some Games - occasionally

I have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy S duos which retails now at 14900/- with price reduction (also it will be getting JB update as per Samsung).

My sister is using the same cell from past two months and she is very much happy with it.

Any other options - I am open to Sony and HTC (No Windows phone as I am using one and she finds is difficult to operate)

Will be buying it tonight
Or for 12,000 odd you can get an iPhone 3Gs 8GB from the grey market. My mom has been using a 3GS since quite a while now and she's very happy with it!
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 12:41   #9458
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Or for 12,000 odd you can get an iPhone 3Gs 8GB from the grey market. My mom has been using a 3GS since quite a while now and she's very happy with it!


Thanks 9thsphinx

Although the price you mentioned looks mouth watering for iPhone 3Gs but I am very much skeptical about buying anything from grey market.

Also the fact that my wife would be using the cell and if it is in warranty i will have peace of mind
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 01:21   #9459
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Question Re: 3GS at $135/-?

Is a almost new like iPhone 3GS worth at $135/- unlocked? This would be for my sister and she would be mostly using this for calls/data and some times pictures.

Pl. advise.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:15   #9460
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 528
Thanked: 305 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

I got my Nexus4 on New Years Eve. I must say its quite a piece of tech. Downloads are super fast via Wi-Fi. And the 2GB RAM helps alot, at one point I was running 4-5 apps and was using just under 350MB of RAM.

I haven't been able to get a micro-sim yet, hence cannot comment on speeds via 3G.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 15:43   #9461
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I got my Nexus4 on New Years Eve. I must say its quite a piece of tech. Downloads are super fast via Wi-Fi. And the 2GB RAM helps alot, at one point I was running 4-5 apps and was using just under 350MB of RAM.

I haven't been able to get a micro-sim yet, hence cannot comment on speeds via 3G.
Nice one mac!!! I too have been waiting in the wings for N4 to arrive but the waits getting too longer.

Wonder why haven't you been get the micro sim? If nano is available shouldn't micro be easier to get?
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:19   #9462
BHPian
 
OHCVtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 69
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Guys, I am planning to buy Galaxy Note 2 as I am unable to source Nexus 4. Do we have any deals going on ? Any other suggestion ?
Posted this on the Android thread, did not get a reply hence posting here.
OHCVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 18:29   #9463
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
I sold it for 11K 4 months old Cell. No one is ready to buy Windows Phone due to lack of File Transfer through Bluetooth . Finally, had to give an option to the buyer to pay in 3EMI. He has given me 2 post dated cheque's and 3K down payment

Omnia is a superb phone. You should have installed Android into it, I have HD2 bought 3 years back with Windows 6.5, but now I am able to install Android Jelly Bean and doing great.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 23:48   #9464
BHPian
 
Gurudatta Nayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Goa India
Posts: 139
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Omnia is a superb phone. You should have installed Android into it, I have HD2 bought 3 years back with Windows 6.5, but now I am able to install Android Jelly Bean and doing great.
There is no Android ROM available for Omnia W. I have searched couple of forums and dint the ROM :(
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 11:45   #9465
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
There is no Android ROM available for Omnia W. I have searched couple of forums and dint the ROM :(
oh, I thought it was there since it was a popular model.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks