Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 11:44   #10081
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
It meets all the requirements i am looking for. More than the battery i liked the keypad layout. Mom is not used to the joint / closely held / qwerty fones.

Any update, which phone you bought for your mom ?

Meanwhile got myself first Android phone details in Android thread.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 26th September 2013 at 11:46.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 11:46   #10082
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 678 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Any update, which phone you bought for your mom ?
Hey,

No man. none bought yet. She is willing to try my old Nokia E72 and currently using that. She is getting along well. Will see how it goes for next couple of days.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 15:26   #10083
E63
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 101
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Which phone to buy between this and this?

Not a very hardcore user.
Not a gamer.
Just facebook and gmail and goodreads and other such light apps.
So I thought I could afford to giveaway a bit of processing power for some sexy looks!
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 14:40   #10084
BHPian
 
S@ndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Amritsar/PB 02
Posts: 219
Thanked: 248 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Hello all! I have a small query. My brother has to purchase a phone within ₹10,000 range and has zeroed on Nokia Lumia 520. Any other phone isn't being considered as we wanted a change from Android and iOS smartphones (already have an iPhone 4 and 5, Samsung Note and Note 2, Galaxy Grand and S-Duos). Blackberry isn't being considered due to it's low resale value and moreover, had a bad experience with Blackberry (owned a BB Curve then). What do you guys feel about it? Is it a good phone and worth it's list price? Please reply ASAP as we have to purchase phone today.

Thanks,
Keep revvin'
S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 18:27   #10085
BHPian
 
shreyan_k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 60
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Hello all! I have a small query. My brother has to purchase a phone within ₹10,000 range and has zeroed on Nokia Lumia 520. Any other phone isn't being considered as we wanted a change from Android and iOS smartphones (already have an iPhone 4 and 5, Samsung Note and Note 2, Galaxy Grand and S-Duos). Blackberry isn't being considered due to it's low resale value and moreover, had a bad experience with Blackberry (owned a BB Curve then). What do you guys feel about it? Is it a good phone and worth it's list price? Please reply ASAP as we have to purchase phone today.

Thanks,
Keep revvin'
S@ndy
520 is one of the best options under 10000 bucks. go ahead.
shreyan_k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 21:46   #10086
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 358
Thanked: 166 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Hi Guys,

Any Reliance 3G user here? I have activated 3G on the reliance SIM but I need the settings on my phone which I can save. I called up Customer Care and told me to message ALL to 55110. Its been 2 hours now and still I have not receieved any message.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 22:10   #10087
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 417 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Any Reliance 3G user here? I have activated 3G on the reliance SIM but I need the settings on my phone which I can save. I called up Customer Care and told me to message ALL to 55110. Its been 2 hours now and still I have not receieved any message.
I am on reliance 3g, but I have android so, don't need to keep or save settings. It starts working itself.

Try calling *333, see its of any help.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 22:43   #10088
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 358
Thanked: 166 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I am on reliance 3g, but I have android so, don't need to keep or save settings. It starts working itself.

Try calling *333, see its of any help.
Even I have an Android phone but you would need to save settings the 1st time right? I doubt it should start working automatically. Will try calling that number.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 22:44   #10089
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 417 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

Even I have an Android phone but you would need to save settings the 1st time right? I doubt it should start working automatically. Will try calling that number.
No, I didn't entered any setting or something, it's working like this only.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 23:25   #10090
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 358
Thanked: 166 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
No, I didn't entered any setting or something, it's working like this only.
Ok so I got the internet working. One more question - When I am using internet, I get the E sign on the notification bar. As far as I know, E stands for 2G. Do you get something else for 3G? Or do you also get 'E' while using 3G?
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 23:32   #10091
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,446
Thanked: 281 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Ok so I got the internet working. One more question - When I am using internet, I get the E sign on the notification bar. As far as I know, E stands for 2G. Do you get something else for 3G? Or do you also get 'E' while using 3G?
In my android, go to settings -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode -> change from GSM to "Auto GSM/WCDMA". This will go to 3G & give you H in place of E, if 3G is available.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 23:41   #10092
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 417 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

Ok so I got the internet working. One more question - When I am using internet, I get the E sign on the notification bar. As far as I know, E stands for 2G. Do you get something else for 3G? Or do you also get 'E' while using 3G?
No, I get h. The post preceding mine explains, why you see the e instead of h.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 00:10   #10093
Senior - BHPian
 
NetfreakBombay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 315 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
In my android, go to settings -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode -> change from GSM to "Auto GSM/WCDMA". This will go to 3G & give you H in place of E, if 3G is available.
That should be the default for most Android phones. Another issue is, 3G does not work at quite a few places in Mumbai. Have observed this at 5-6 buildings that are sea-facing. Such places has dead spots for 3G and only GPRS works.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 19:53   #10094
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 568
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Check out the Lenovo k900. Ticks your first 4 requirements perfectly, especially the premium looks and camera. Its not a regular recommendation but its just come out and lenovo has just started advertising and reviews have been good

Note: it is an intel based phone.


Thats really a awesome looking phone.

The features offered, mainly the camera and processing power looks great.
I ordered one today from flipkart at 23.3K; looks to a be a very good deal considering it was launched for 32K in June13
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 18:32   #10095
BHPian
 
invincible7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 641
Thanked: 127 Times
Default re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Thats really a awesome looking phone.

The features offered, mainly the camera and processing power looks great.
I ordered one today from flipkart at 23.3K; looks to a be a very good deal considering it was launched for 32K in June13
Hope you have tried holding the phone in your hands.

Its a good phone but farily large to be held in a hand unless you hav big hands , also its quiet slippery.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks