Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2007, 10:19   #1261
Team-BHP Support
 
Rtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,769
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

I believe our friendly thunderacer has bought an E62.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 10:22   #1262
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,288
Thanked: 18,804 Times
Default

hey Viper,

what problems you having with the E50? am planning on buying the Black edition in a couple of days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone using the E61 or E62 here. Planning to upgrade from the E50. Have been having some issues with the same. Before anyone shoots with some other brands am looking for a Nokia only within a budget of approx 17k which is what the E61 costs.

Viper
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 10:25   #1263
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hi Vid,

The phone hangs quite often in the past 2 weeks. Also find the text size too small and there is no feature to increase the same. Plan to start accessing mail through the phone and decided its time for a bigger screen and a phone more suited for the same.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:29   #1264
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

@ spadival - Thanks. The Atom Exec is priced like an exec saloon But it is really nice and loaded. How is the O2 Stealth? Its cheaper and has the 416MHz processor.
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:28   #1265
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,085 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Vid,

The phone hangs quite often in the past 2 weeks. Also find the text size too small and there is no feature to increase the same. Plan to start accessing mail through the phone and decided its time for a bigger screen and a phone more suited for the same.

Viper
have you tried updating the firmware. it should solve the hanging issues.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:32   #1266
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hey Viper,
what problems you having with the E50? am planning on buying the Black edition in a couple of days.
I have been using a E50 for 2 months now. Overall happy except for the OS which is pretty slow. No firmware update available now. Sometimes while roaming on certain networks, I hear echo on the line. Disappears when I keep the speaker volume low. I suggest you take a proper demo before you buy.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:36   #1267
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Vid,
The phone hangs quite often in the past 2 weeks. Viper
The hanging is because of too many applications running at the same time on phone. Do a long press on the menu button and you will know the applications running, Close each one and the phone will be faster.

For example, if we access contacts and after the call, the contacts applications will be still running in the background and we access others and it goes on ultimately slowing the phone. I hate the S60 OS. S40 is easier to use.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 21:34   #1268
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,085 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The hanging is because of too many applications running at the same time on phone. Do a long press on the menu button and you will know the applications running, Close each one and the phone will be faster.

For example, if we access contacts and after the call, the contacts applications will be still running in the background and we access others and it goes on ultimately slowing the phone. I hate the S60 OS. S40 is easier to use.
i find the s60 easier to use. maybe because im just used to it. but overall i prefer the s60. much more functionality.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 22:59   #1269
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Hey dev. Any idea where I can get my hands on an EL71, P51 or SXG75 (was this ever sold?) in India???
Hey Rtech, I will get you these phones. Tell me which phone you want. out of the three.

p51 is a windows pocket pc
Sxg75 is a linux phone with gps (only works in Europe)
EL71 (nice oE siemens phone)

PM me.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2007, 23:22   #1270
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,535
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default

@ Viper,
why not a Nokia 9300i?
It is amazing if you want to use the internet but doesn't have a camera.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:09   #1271
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,085 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@ Viper,
why not a Nokia 9300i?
It is amazing if you want to use the internet but doesn't have a camera.
or a e90. better than a 9300i and its got a camera.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:34   #1272
BANNED
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
or a e90. better than a 9300i and its got a camera.
Offcourse it's better But it will cost Twice as of 9300i & it won't be available soon .
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 10:38   #1273
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 4 Times
Question

Hello everyone.
Don't know if this is the right thread but, here goes.
Where can a cheap data cable for Reliance LG 2030 be found in Bangalore? My uncle is there and has lost his. Please help
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 12:25   #1274
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Hi everybody
can anybody help me select a new cell as i am really fed up with my N91 (it never leaves nokia care the people now know me buy my name the whole office) I had the cell for around 5 months and it has gone for repairs 4 times so far i have hadly used it

now i don't want a nokia ever again
i want a good camera and sound

i was thinking for going in for a I mate spl or a k jam

already i have used a jesjar and jam amd o2 xda min

Suggestion and are welcomed and i am willing to spend around 25k-30k
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 13:12   #1275
BANNED
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Hi everybody
can anybody help me select a new cell as i am really fed up with my N91 (it never leaves nokia care the people now know me buy my name the whole office) I had the cell for around 5 months and it has gone for repairs 4 times so far i have hadly used it

now i don't want a nokia ever again
i want a good camera and sound

i was thinking for going in for a I mate spl or a k jam

already i have used a jesjar and jam amd o2 xda min

Suggestion and are welcomed and i am willing to spend around 25k-30k
Hi,
If u can wait till this month Then N95 is coming & it's got all the features or N93I ls Also good it's got awesome screen really U should give a once more chance to nokia , Try out Imate jasjam u can get it for around 22-23k It's Got loud sound output like p910 ,Nice camera ,Qwery Keyboard/3g/Videocall/400mhz processor/Scrool wheel / wifi,keyboard is not important to u then look @ 02 Orbit/Htc P3300 .
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mobile Phone Pictures Thread inder_s1 Shifting gears 13 10th April 2009 21:06
F1-2009...All your Discussions here....! PAVAN KADAM Int'l Motorsport 395 4th April 2009 13:58
T-Mobile G1 Android mobile phone introduced yesterday but nobody here seems to care.. srijit Gadgets, Computers & Software 33 7th October 2008 15:57
Decisions... Decisions on choosing a four wheeled friend balashome The Indian Car Scene 47 1st October 2005 20:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks